Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,684 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My play time is only around 10 hours though, according to the game stats, generic - so seemingly you just noticed me taking a long time to get through those 10 hours!

I've only ever played with you lot - no solo queuing or getting to rank 50 by playing AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

There is a Scrub-Comp-Lobby beginning soon since Dudeeile/Conovar hit lvl25, just saying

11hrs and Level 22
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah I am having issues with the latest update of the game, I was telling Dude about it last night. I have 56GB free (Well I now have 75gb free) but the patch still wont update for me, I remove the update and it will start again but still says I need more space so I havent played since the few days after I got the game. So getting to 25 is going to be a pain for me :(

I'd just go for the complete removal then reinstall and update, worth a shot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'd just go for the complete removal then reinstall and update, worth a shot.

Thats actually all I can do now, the update DL'd to approx 30% last night then failed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Started playing Darkest Dungeons yesterday too. Really like it so far

I've almost bought this a.few times but couldn't see a review. What do you make if it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

From what I remember Gimli/No-cal both play this but not sure about the rest :P Its only 16.99 in argos at the moment tho so I will go and pick it up :P:(

Yup we're still playing it. Thought I saw Osprey on it but he was a lowly 10 or so :)
    Got back into this recently it's improved a lot since the last patch as before the gear drops were next to non-existent. PvP is still an unfriendly clusterfup if you go in solo. Met three randoms yesterday and they all killed me, just leave me alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yup we're still playing it. Thought I saw Osprey on it but he was a lowly 10 or so :)
    Got back into this recently it's improved a lot since the last patch as before the gear drops were next to non-existent. PvP is still an unfriendly clusterfup if you go in solo. Met three randoms yesterday and they all killed me, just leave me alone.

Yeah the xbox pvp seems to be brutal for it. Might just grab it in argos later for 17 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I've almost bought this a.few times but couldn't see a review. What do you make if it

It's excellent.
    I really like the art style and the tonne.
    It's a bit like doing X-Com games on Ironman.
    The classes are pretty cool but the game will kick your a$$

How you managed to not see a review is beyond me, it was Total Biscuits 7th best game of 2016 and is an 84 on Metacritic

Also it's even cheaper on PS4 than it was on PC (where I got it during the steam sale), I didn't even know it was on PS4/Vita
    It's Cross-Buy too (meaning you can play on Vita too), so I'm kind of pi$$ed I didn't know it was elsewhere

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/darkest-dungeon/cid=EP2483-CUSA05967_00-RHSDDPS4BND00001

Link below video to jump to #7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Also it's even cheaper on PS4 than it was on PC (where I got it during the steam sale), I didn't even know it was on PS4/Vita
    It's Cross-Buy too (meaning you can play on Vita too), so I'm kind of pi$$ed I didn't know it was elsewhere

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/darkest-dungeon/cid=EP2483-CUSA05967_00-RHSDDPS4BND00001

This is a big selling point for these types of games, especially if your a commuter.

This is a big selling point for these types of games, especially if your a commuter.

Ideal game for that imho

You could easily have 2 playthroughs going simultaneously since it's rouge-like and RNG based

You need to be careful too though. I once startled a Dart carriage by yelling "F**k!" after missing a short putt on Everybody's Golf.

• Advertisement

Hotline Miami (PS3/PS4/Vita) cross plat is FREE in January sales. Great little game and the soundtrack is fantastic.

Hotline Miami (PS3/PS4/Vita) cross plat is FREE in January sales. Great little game and the soundtrack is fantastic.

We got that free with PS+ before didnt we?

We got that free with PS+ before didnt we?

Yeah, though it was a while ago. For those that missed it, or didn't bother, it's worth picking up now, as it's not tied to your PS+ sub, so when JCD forgets to renew, he can still play it if gotten now.

Yeah, though it was a while ago. For those that missed it, or didn't bother, it's worth picking up now, as it's not tied to your PS+ sub, so when JCD forgets to renew, he can still play it if gotten now.

Better remind him to get it on all his accounts so, just in case like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

That's me, never got it the last time it was free. Finished Inside over the weekend - so can get stuck in to Hotline.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

nevelator wrote: »
    That's me, never got it the last time it was free. Finished Inside over the weekend - so can get stuck in to Hotline.

got inside from the buddys account yesterday, any good?

anybody play this war of mine? its one of the PS+ games this month. played it the weekend, pretty good. ****ers need to harder up a bit though - its a warzone after all. moaning about EVERYTHING

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jackrussel wrote: »
    got inside from the buddys account yesterday, any good?

anybody play this war of mine? its one of the PS+ games this month. played it the weekend, pretty good. ****ers need to harder up a bit though - its a warzone after all. moaning about EVERYTHING

Inside is well worth playing.
    Had a quick go of this war of mine last night. A lot of moaning is right; but looks to be an OK game.

jackrussel wrote: »

Yeah I did a (succesfull) playthrough and did a few other (rage quit) failed ones.

Once you finish it once, you can pick what groups pick you use for subsequent playthroughs which changes it up considerably.

Different groups have better/worse characters. Tried the one with the Father & Daughter.... brutal wasn't the word.

Meanwhile the default crew of the 3 lads is a cake wake during the summer

Winter is another matter (and another rage quit)

Wonderful game, makes me a gluten for punishment (hence playing Darkest Dungeon now haha)

Yeah I bit a (completed) playthrough and did a few other (rage quit) failed ones.

Once you finish it once, you can what groups pick who you use for subsequent playthroughs which changes it up considerably.

1566.gif

1566.gif

tthat gif made me laugh more than it should have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Yeah I bit a (completed) playthrough and did a few other (rage quit) failed ones.

Once you finish it once, you can what groups pick who you use for subsequent playthroughs which changes it up considerably.

Different groups have better/worse characters. Tried the one with the Father & Daughter.... brutal wasn't the word.

Meanwhile the default crew of the 3 lads is a cake wake during the summer

Winter is another matter (and another rage quit)

Wonderful game, makes me a gluten for punishment (hence playing Darkest Dungeon now haha)

yeah i restarted a few times after they couldnt hack
    killing someone, wouldnt move when they got back to the shelter & ended up running off with some of my stuff
    which i thought was a bit lousy on their part.

havent had a winter one yet - thankful of that considering theyd be moaning about the cold so id have to do that aswell.

id like to get to the end of it but it feels like it could be a pretty long slog that could go tits up at any point

got darkest dungeon first run has ended at failure on the tutorial boss=**** this game is gonna be tough

I don't get it Solvable :/

Never mind, apparently I had 3 small typos :rolleyes:
    jcd5971 wrote: »
    got darkest dungeon first run has ended at failure on the tutorial boss=**** this game is gonna be tough

Technically you can't fail the game though, just the mission, go back to town and there will be new people on the stage coach for you to use

Also, if you're on about the
    Necormancers Apprentice
    ..... yeah I rage quit last night after getting some of my characters to level 2 and still failing that cause they all stressed each other out so much DESPITE me bringing a ****ing jester to debuff Stress :(

I spent ~8 hours gearing up to take that F**ker on, and still lost every single one of my party

I don't get it Solvable :/

Never mind, apparently I had 3 small typos :rolleyes:

Technically you can't fail the game though, just the mission, go back to town and there will be new people on the stage coach for you to use

Also, if you're on about the
    Necormancers Apprentice
    ..... yeah I rage quit last night after getting some of my characters to level 2 and still failing that cause they all stressed each other out so much DESPITE me bringing a ****ing jester to debuff Stress :(

I spent ~8 hours gearing up to take that F**ker on, and still lost every single one of my party

yep the whole team just died one after the other from heart attacks like what the actual ****. also its so ****ing hard to heal in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm thinking about upgrading to a PS4 pro, had a few questions:

Has anyone upgraded their PS4 to a PS4 pro? How much did it cost?
    Are there any good deals going?
    Was there any hassle copying the data from your hard drive?

I'm out of space on my current HDD and sick of deleting games every time a new Destiny update comes out :mad:

Yeah I'm going to do this as well at some point. Haven't yet because the hassle, I'm lazy and my current PS4 isn't giving any problems.
    Love to see how TLOU and BF1 look on the pro but I'm also sick of having to delete games every time I want to play something else.

I know there's about three ways of transferring data from your old machine to the Pro. Some take hours and hours and hours, others not some much. Google is your friend in these situations.

Google is your friend in these situations.

Thats what Google wants you to think, then when your back is turned......... BAM........ congratulations your now pregnant :pac:

I'm thinking about upgrading to a PS4 pro, had a few questions:

Has anyone upgraded their PS4 to a PS4 pro? How much did it cost?
    Are there any good deals going?
    Was there any hassle copying the data from your hard drive?

I'm out of space on my current HDD and sick of deleting games every time a new Destiny update comes out :mad:
    Yeah I'm going to do this as well at some point. Haven't yet because the hassle, I'm lazy and my current PS4 isn't giving any problems.
    Love to see how TLOU and BF1 look on the pro but I'm also sick of having to delete games every time I want to play something else.

I know there's about three ways of transferring data from your old machine to the Pro. Some take hours and hours and hours, others not some much. Google is your friend in these situations.

Upgrade HDD to 2TB for a hell of a lot cheaper.

Upgrade HDD to 2TB for a hell of a lot cheaper.

I think buying and setting up a new machine is grief inducing. Seen plenty of comments how upgrading is easy but I can just see this being a painful experience for a technophobe.

• Advertisement

I think buying and setting up a new machine is grief inducing. Seen plenty of comments how upgrading is easy but I can just see this being a painful experience for a technophobe.

I will admit, that when I did it, I thought I had fcuked up. Turned out to be a faulty USB Stick. Once I got a proper one, it was relatively plain sailing, apart from downloading from the cloud.

The physical act of replacing the HDD is simple. Hardest part is removing the new HDD from the external case.

Advertisement