Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I've used my nephew to enter a load of Shift codes for Borderlands... Told him that's what the game was

The dumb little **** believed it too

Your child trolling is weak.......

Thats reddit story does seem very scripted...... we all know kids are born with more computer knowledge these days so I think it was the 8YO teaching the dad how to play tbh.

I refuse to believe any child at 8 is THAT wholesome and twee and exclaims at every little thing and says lines like.....

(abridged)
    Warlocks have space magic.”
    “SPACE MAGIC!” she yells

“I can jump, I can jump!” she yells and starts hopping around on screen.

“Oh look! A treasure chest!”

“He’s so cute I love him!” “Who? The Captain?” “Yes, I love him!” “Well you’re going to have to kill him, he’s holding your ship.” “I have a ship?!?”

Her 12 y/o brother comes in the room and yes “OMG, She’s playing destiny, oh yah, oh yah, oh yah!” and does a victory dance. He comes over and says “I have a level 10 titan and I could help you out tomorrow!”

Load. Of. Rubbish.

Having earlier mentioned the kid plays Minecraft, now is amazed it can jump in a game (singular - lvl 0 has no double jump types).... wut?

Never happened! WTF kind of family is this? The Waltons? 7th Heaven?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I refuse to believe any child at 8 is THAT wholesome and twee and exclaims at every little thing and says lines like.....

(abridged)

Load. Of. Rubbish.

Having earlier mentioned the kid plays Minecraft, now is amazed it can jump in a game (singular - lvl 0 has no double jump types).... wut?

Never happened! WTF kind of family is this? The Waltons? 7th Heaven?

Actually I really should post my efforts to get Nathan playing Destiny, it was hilarious....... Destiny was "useless", "s**t" and a waste of time amonst other things before I finally convinced him to play it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Actually I really should post my efforts to get Nathan playing Destiny, it was hilarious....... Destiny was "useless", "s**t" and a waste of time amonst other things before I finally convinced him to play it :pac:

Are you sure those comments were towards the game! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Abuses/knave must have something. "Daughter accidentally soloed Nightfall while hopping the controller off the floor."

Or "How to successfully complete Aksis phase 2 while changing a nappy"

Well, now that you mention it:

It was a Saturday, around noon. It was raining, the sort of rain that gets you wet. Now, I'm not talking moist or damp, I'm talking wet, soaked to the skin wet. The house was warm and dry though, heat was on and windows were closed.

Mrs Knave was in work so I had the kids to myself. Young fella was asleep and daughter was in middle room playing, or so I thought. In she walks with headphones on and controller in hand. Slightly nervous as to what she had done, I head in to daddys corner to see Destiny loaded up on screen. She wanted to have a go.

So, we load up into Cosmodrome. Equipped weapon is The Last Word. She moves forward, in a shaky juddering looking at the sky way. Her hands aren't big enough yet to properly hold the controller. She gets to the bunker stairs and is ambushed by some dregs and shanks. She pulls the trigger. She doesn't let go of the trigger. She unloads the entire clip.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Here was me, pressing R2 as quickly as possible to take advantage of TLW's quick fire perk. It took a child to show me how to play the TLW meta. She was quickly turfed out of the chair so I could try it myself.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Are you sure those comments were towards the game! :pac:

Yeah, the comments when he seen me play were far more brutal...... If i posted them here I would have to ban myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,681 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was listening to RezoCast earlier - they were saying one of the other Rezo members had his kid (5 year old I think they said) playing on on an alt account. Kid managed to load up the main account, decide they wanted a new character and deleted the fellas main (titan). Could be true.

Was listening to RezoCast earlier - they were saying one of the other Rezo members had his kid (5 year old I think they said) playing on on an alt account. Kid managed to load up the main account, decide they wanted a new character and deleted the fellas main (titan). Could be true.

See, thats why I have 34 backups with all the same gear and perks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

See, thats why I have 34 backups with all the same gear and perks :D

Can't be true, you're not Bohrio.

• Advertisement

Can't be true, you're not Bohrio.

Have you ever seen me and him in the same room at the same time :pac:

Speaking of kids, I started letting my daughter play recently. She was running through CoE, and doing terribly. I did warn her, on pain of death, against deleting anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well lads, as some of you may remember, I am broke AF and it led people to feel sorry for me because I couldn't afford a PS4.
    Well I still can't afford a PS4, how ever... My girlfriend surprised me with one when I arrived home from work today!!!! :D:D:D

She got my the Taken King bundle, in just having one last game on PS3 before I set up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,681 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CianRyan wrote: »
    Well lads, as some of you may remember, I am broke AF and it led people to feel sorry for me because I couldn't afford a PS4.
    Well I still can't afford a PS4, how ever... My girlfriend surprised me with one when I arrived home from work today!!!! :D:D:D

She got my the Taken King bundle, in just having one last game on PS3 before I set up!!

Awesome gf you have there! Welcome to enjoying the grind all over again

Awesome gf you have there! Welcome to enjoying the grind all over again

The grind? You mean I don't keep my progress?!
    Balls! :p

Having trouble setting up the PS4, first it wouldn't connect to the internet and not it's still on the "pleas wait" screen when trying a system update.
    Stress

Also yes, she is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The grind? You mean I don't keep my progress?!
    Balls! :p

Having trouble setting up the PS4, first it wouldn't connect to the internet and not it's still on the "pleas wait" screen when trying a system update.
    Stress

Also yes, she is awesome!

Isn't there a guide on Bungie.net for carrying across generations.

I think your update problem might be there's a lot of updates.

I hope so! I'll check it out now.

I think it's an internet issue, the wifi keeps throwing errors at me and I'm took too away to use an Ethernet cable.
    I managed to get it to connect by going manual on everything but it was dropping the connection as soon as I tried to connect to PSN.

It's trying to download now but saying 60hours for a 312.3mb file...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

sn1bXAa.gif

PS4 works great in my sitting room, beside the router... new router and an extender arrives tomorrow morning. :)

PS4 works great in my sitting room, beside the router... new router and an extender arrives tomorrow morning. :)

Get you some Powerline adapters, they are the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

1) I'm gonna get the wife to video the wee one holding the controller while I sit, off camera, wrecking scrubs in I.B.

2) Post it to Reddit.

3) Set up a Patreon account.

4) $$$

dudeeile wrote: »
    sn1bXAa.gif

When when you in Knaves house? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

When when you in Knaves house? :pac:

It is an accurate depiction of how my two behave alright. :D

Your man has edited in Part 2 of his 8yo Playing Destiny into his original post for those with time on their hands :P

I haven't played my Playstation in 5 days :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Your man has edited in Part 2 of his 8yo Playing Destiny into his original post for those with time on their hands :P

I haven't played my Playstation in 5 days :/

Have you modded it? Can you give us the tl:dr version?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Have you modded it? Can you give us the tl:dr version?

I did say to him as a personal tip, he may want to format it better.

I am in my hole gonna format it myself, the thing is a train wreck
    PART TWO: The Tower
    So my Daughter has defeated (after many deaths) the Cute Captain that had her ship. Now we get to the end game, rewards screen. Hold Y to exit I tell her and now she is flying towards the Last City. This is when her brother came in and was doing his victory dance. She transmits in and lands in the tower. This is the first time she’s come in herself. “Oh ya Oh ya” she did a butt wiggle while sitting cross-legged on the couch beside me, wiggling the joystick and watching herself move back and forth and side to side. “Ok” I said, “Now let me show you some of the things you can do. Press left on your D-pad” and I showed her where to press. Her character pointed. She squealed with joy and I said “Each of the pads lets you do something different”. At which point she started pointing, waving and dancing, along with running around. A couple of level 40 guardians all pimped out notice her waiving and wave back and dance with her before running off to do whatever they need to do. “Oh My Gawd!” she says. “What?” I reply. “I need to get up on that building!!!” I reply, “What?!?” She moves her camera and I see someone on top of the postmaster building. “I need to jump up there!” she says. “Um OK, we can try that in a bit. But let we need to go and talk to some people first, we should talk to the postmaster…” By this point she has run clockwise around the building, found the stairs and is now trying to jump on the building by walking towards it (not running) and jumping. Sigh. “You are more likely to succeed if you sprint then jump. Remember to press…” And she’s already trying to sprint and jump. “Maybe when you get a bit higher level, and your stats go up? Look lets go to the post master. Look do you see the green symbols? Those are people you have to talk to.” She sighs and maneuvers around and gets to the postmaster. I had preordered a lot of stuff so she gets to pick up quite a few things. The Inner Circle emblem, the Suros? Emblem (black and red with a dragon/phoniex) the circle glide emote, a spark of light, two red frontier shells, iron gallahorn and gallerwing sparrow, Galler-horn, the Valkyrie ship and a couple of other things I can’t remember I think. After grabbing everything I direct her to go and change her emote to the circle glide. I show her how to change to the emblem too and she picks the black and red emblem. I show her that she can change to the Valkyrie ship and she flips back and says “No, I like my first one better!” “Why?” I asked. “Its bigger!” she said. OK, sure. I chuckle to myself and move on. I show her the sparrow. “oooooo” she says. And then I take her into the horns section and show her how to preview them. She honks the happy horn a couple times and then I say try the galler-horn. She has headphones on so I don’t hear it, but her eyes go wide at the sound. “Do you like that one?” I asked. “YES!” she said as she equipped the galler-horn. She gets out of her character screen and I tell her to try the circle dance emote. She dances and then pops back into her character screen. “What are you doing?” I asked “I like point better. I can point at things!” Alrighty then, point it is I guess. “Ok there are more emotes you can get, lets go get them.” I tell her and then guide her into the tower hanger. She gets to the frame at the end of the hallway and stop and uses the wave emote. “Hello!” she says and then points at the frame a couple times and waves a couple times. “That’s not someone you can talk to” I tell her, which chuckling quietly to myself. “Ok!” she says and then says “how do I change my look?”, “you don’t like first person?” I ask. “no.” she replies, “Sorry you can’t change it in the tower.” I answer. “But I don’t like it” she complained. “I understand but that’s how it works in the tower, you’re always in third person” I explained. “it makes it hard” she said. “I know but that’s the way it is.” I replied. She gave a deep sigh and continued into the hanger, just as a ship landed and drops into the floor. “Someone brought their ship in here?!?” she said with wonder. “Yep, yours came in here too when you landed.” I said. “Oh…” she replied and continued deeper in the tower hanger. “Go down the steps, and keep going…. No you can talk to him just yet.” I said as she ran up to Arach Jalaal. She waved to Arach and I directed her down to the emote kiosk. I got her to pick up all the free emotes (yes, no, propose, maybe one other) and showed her how to preview without equipping. What it looked like was mostly equipping THEN previewing but hey… she’s getting the concept. Once again, the Point emote was the clear winner. I directed her to the back part of the bar “This is the Bar in the tower”. “Ok” she replied, then she asked “Can I talk to him?” looking at a guy sitting down. “No, only people with things over their heads” I replied. Then I got her to get to the jukebox. “Hold X to play some music.” She looked at me dubiously but held X, and then said “Oh, Hawaiian”. She appeared to be like ‘ok, that’s cool, but whats so special about it’. “You can play other music to when that’s done if you want. “Ok” she replied and started making her way back to the main tower. Sigh, well I thought it was cool. “Whats that guy doing?” she asked as she got to the entrance of the bar. “He’s repairing a Frame” I said. “Why is it called a frame?” she queried. “Well it’s the frame of a robot I guess.” I answered with a shrug. I directed her to follow the square and her radar, which I knew would lead to Zavala. OK folks I’m going to take a break from writing here. I hope you are enjoying my blow by blow description of her first tower visit. If you are still interested next time I will cover her first meeting with members of the vanguard, and heading out on her first mission.

That's it copied verbatium.

Critical Hit!!! Wall of Text deals 54 Damage!

Sigh, too ****ing long. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Critical Hit!!! Wall of Text deals 54 Damage!

That's it copied verbatium.

Puke puke everywhere

Sigh, too ****ing long. Sigh.

Here's a line you can use to pi$$ people off though

"Oh I know how he feels, you'll understand when you have your own"

Bonus points if you have a smug, $hit eating grin and are mildly condescending

• Advertisement

In all honesty........ This guy should write a book and put it up on amazon or something cos as an opener its wayyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooo long!!!

Advertisement