Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

^ My man! :)

Think you have your answer, 2TB or nothing.

The physical act of swapping the drive is easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Just make sure the USB stick you use actually works (personal experience, lots of sweat/fcuks/the the hell have I done/I've bricked the fcuking thing), and that you have the correct full PS4 OS on it.

Overall I'd say the act of swapping and installing is 7/10.

Make sure you have a second beasty USB stick for all your save data and games. The transfer will take ages if your copying everything, but in the end, is probably better than reinstalling all games and downloading all the updates, especially on your new internet package. You'll be crucified if you have any daily caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was gonna leave the PS4 in my sisters place for a day and it can download/updated whatever the hell it wants.

Most concerned about losing P.T.

When you do a backup, will the PS still be in its current state on the existing 500gb HDD (until I wipe/reformat it that is) if things go awry?

Yeah, that would be the best option. So long as she don't mind.

So long as you leave to old drive alone and don't delete or format, you can just stick it back in the system and you'll be ready to go no worries.

For PT, make that a priority for your backup stick. All your saved data, any screen shots or vids and PT should be transferred to a backup stick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Someone elaborate please! It's an upgrade I want. I have enough random issues going on with my car, house move, OW disc, Hard Drive, missing lighters/ashtrays/bottle openers internet without heaping more misery on myself :o

That list is horendous so lets all pool together and help you out.....

Your car....... Find your lighter and burn it out :pac:
    House move........ Hire professionals or throw dude and gimli a 6 pack each and your sorted.
    OW Disc....... this is now a frisbee
    Hard Drive...... you got your help already.
    Missing object....... always blame your missus :pac:

So since I got my full deposit back from the last gaf, I was tempted to get the Hard Drive, Platnium Headset and Nacon Controller.

I'm like JayZCD with all my bling

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So since I got my full deposit back from the last gaf, I was tempted to get the Hard Drive, Platnium Headset and Nacon Controller.

I'm like JayZCD with all my bling

Get the controller and Hard Drive..... only get the headset IF you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yup, the PS4 starts going weird with anything over 2tb such as rest mode not working, plus 2.5 inch 4tb drives won't fit into the PS4 due to having a larger depth.

Now I might be wrong as I haven't been following Playstation updates but I believe an OS update solved any issues with larger HD's, if that happened then it comes down to form factor, the HD can only be so thick so if 4TB fits all should be good. Would you REALLY need 4TB though.
    I was gonna leave the PS4 in my sisters place for a day and it can download/updated whatever the hell it wants.

Most concerned about losing P.T.

When you do a backup, will the PS still be in its current state on the existing 500gb HDD (until I wipe/reformat it that is) if things go awry?

Save the original drive until you're sure everything is okay, if you want to sell on then just save the 500GB for replacing and keep the 2TB for your new machine.

Link here on reinstalling PT.

Better Battery Life (7-8 hours versus 12-13 hours)
    Better Build Quality (including the f**king hinges which were s**t on the Gold)
    CRUCIALLY a flexible headband/metal strip (I have a fat head and the current headset is tight)
    3D Audio in some games (like UC4 which I only ~25% completed)
    Bass Boosted (handy for Music & TV anyway)
    Platnium has a mic behind which cancels background noise better (more for yer benefit than mine, since 90% of the time I have the TV on in the background and next to the PS4)
    Overall better mic
    And more room inside the ear cups
    That's me sold anyway (given the amount of time I spend using a headset, maybe 30 hours a week, it's worth it)

Better Battery Life
    Better Build Quality
    CRUCIALLY a flexible headband/metal strip (I have a fat head and the current headset is tight)
    And more room inside the ear cups have me sold anyway

hmmmmmmmm bigger cups :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'll probably get the new headset at some point - after Generic's blinking antics made me slight break mine (they are a slightly odd shape now) but I'm not paying that price for them while mine still work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My quite expensive TurtleBeaches are acting up. Just about have to keep it plugged in now (I'd say the battery is totally dead). Anytime I'm charging the pad and the headset isn't plugged in, at some point a disembodied voice yells "GOODBYE" into my head and frightens the life out of me.
    Brother picked up the old PS Headset recently I might get these just to annoy him.

I can't remember the last time I went 60 minutes with both the PS4 pad and headset not plugged in :rolleyes:
    i'll probably get the new headset at some point - after Generic's blinking antics made me slight break mine (they are a slightly odd shape now) but I'm not paying that price for them while mine still work.

Was this a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah nothing's truly wireless anymore

jonnycivic wrote: »
    hmmmmmmmm bigger cups :D

tumblr_lw0yv3Uk4K1qbjo08o1_250.png

Resisting........

I can't remember the last time I went 60 minutes with both the PS4 pad and headset not plugged in :rolleyes:

Was this a thing?

Oh for anyone that is looking at the Nacon controller, when I wire my headset into the controller it sounds like cr*p from what dude and co have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was this a thing?

Yep - my terrible performance vs you on Anomaly had me throw my headset into the seat beside me and the joints did not like it. Its a weird 'break', the plastic bit should go under another plastic bit, but it popped out and WILL NOT pop back in where it should go, so it bumps out a little rather than being properly curved. Not a big deal at all.

My headset is always plugged in - but I have a plug socket right beside me so it makes no difference, i'm not restricted by the cable length at all.

As you mentioned the Nacon - it is a wired controller; it has to be plugged in to the console to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I have 3 invites for the For Honor closed beta (starting tomorrow and ending on Monday) if anyone's interested.

You need a UPlay / Ubisoft Club account

I have 3 invites for the For Honor closed beta (starting tomorrow and ending on Monday) if anyone's interested.

Send me one there totz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »
    Now I might be wrong as I haven't been following Playstation updates but I believe an OS update solved any issues with larger HD's, if that happened then it comes down to form factor, the HD can only be so thick so if 4TB fits all should be good. Would you REALLY need 4TB though.

I've a 4TB on my Xbox and have less than 2tb left.

Works better with the Xbox, remove hdd bring all your games with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Send me one there totz :D

Will when I get home. Has to be done through the Ubisoft Club website.

What's your Ubisoft username?

• Advertisement

Will when I get home. Has to be done through the Ubisoft Club website.

What's your Ubisoft username?

Its the same as my psn name i think :D

Any Voidwalkers out there want a miniature Nova Bomb cosplay prop?

il_875xN.1134474845_rorn.jpg

Whats that off? :eek:

A light in a ball, who'd have thunk it!

Or a Ghost Shell?

il_875xN.1164234167_59yy.jpg

Whats that off? :eek:

Get on to Etsy. Search Destiny. Some cool stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

A light in a ball, who'd have thunk it!

Toss it against any door frame for authentic Nova bombing.

Get on to Etsy. Search Destiny. Some cool stuff.
    nevelator wrote: »
    Toss it against any door frame for authentic Nova bombing.

Etsy has some serious stuff, only noticed the link you posted now :D

Nev, you can toss at the door frame all you want... im staying well away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Oh for anyone that is looking at the Nacon controller, when I wire my headset into the controller it sounds like cr*p from what dude and co have said.

Was it not the other way around? ****e when wireless.

I'll grab one man.

It's a ****ing christmas tree decoration, for 20 ****ing quid, you know what she can ****ing do with that.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Was it not the other way around? ****e when wireless.

Nope, when it was wired you couldnt hear me, as soon as I went wireless all was well again :D

Advertisement