Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I wouldnt be getting rid of the dualshock unless you have another knocking about :)

I have four
    - one works perfect
    - one doesn't fire shotguns or sniper rifles in Battlefield 1
    - one doesn't always react when you hit the smash button or the options button
    - I can't find the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I wouldnt be getting rid of the dualshock unless you have another knocking about :)

I do (I play couch co-op in BL2 with my missus, so I already have 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

In unrelated news, gonna be selling a Dualshock 4 & PS4 Gold Headset shortly :D

I know someone around these parts who always needs a steady supply of backups.:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I do (I play couch co-op in BL2 with my missus, so I already have 2)

Thats alright so, just wouldnt want ya moaning about a lack of pads in the future like :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    I know someone around these parts who always needs a steady supply of backups.:pac:

And I know someone that would easily buy the headset....... but they would probably return it cos they had it on back to front :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

So it's been a month or two since some of ye got them, but is the Nacon worth it or what, and if so why?

I have it, there are 2 main issues I have with it.
    1) The inside buttons on the rear of the pad are sometimes hard to press.
    2) I find the right stick loose. Had to drop from a sensitivity of 5 to 2 to compensate. You can make adjustments to the stick via the software - which I haven't done yet (as it is supposed to match the DS4 out of the box). I guess there is the "getting used to it" factor involved here.
    I'd be interested in hearing is anyone else has any views on this.

The build quality, weight, cord & buttons are all grand. I don't really have any preference for the placement of the left stick. I possibly prefer the DS4 layout, but have no issues with the Nacon/xbox style layout.
    The rumble is poor - but can be turned off.

nevelator wrote: »
    I have it, there are 2 main issues I have with it.
    1) The inside buttons on the rear of the pad are sometimes hard to press.
    2) I find the right stick loose. Had to drop from a sensitivity of 5 to 2 to compensate. You can make adjustments to the stick via the software - which I haven't done yet (as it is supposed to match the DS4 out of the box). I guess there is the "getting used to it" factor involved here.
    I'd be interested in hearing is anyone else has any views on this.

The build quality, weight, cord & buttons are all grand. I don't really have any preference for the placement of the left stick. I possibly prefer the DS4 layout, but have no issues with the Nacon/xbox style layout.
    The rumble is poor - but can be turned off.

The inside buttons I find are ideal on the tips of my fingers so maybe hand size is an issue for some. The right stick did feel loose and it's grand in destiny but in overwatch it's very sensitive so I'll change that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

maybe hand size is an issue for some.

deadpool-34-sc-can-wade-get-a-hand-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly1.jpg?w=1024&h=426

PIC

266a1de8e35302d1f92e1ab9946e629a.jpg

Here, this guy seems to get by just fine with a normal DS4

2015%2B-%2B1

• Advertisement

Here, this guy seems to get by just fine with a normal DS4

2015%2B-%2B1

Will you stop I'm sure he breaks numerous pads per gaming session :pac:

Will you stop I'm sure he breaks numerous pads per gaming session :pac:

Probably has issues with Headphone sizing too. Probably doesn't put em on backwards, but hey...

I really want to go back to playing Darkest Dungeon. But I really want to continue stomping f**kers in Comp in OW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Planning to use this enforced time away from Destiny to knock out some of my steam backlog. First up is Transistor, then maybe Spec Ops.

Overwatch down to €38

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/overwatch-origins-edition/cid=EP0002-CUSA03974_00-OWORIGINS0000000

I'm tempted to go digital cause the PS4 seems to hate OW discs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Overwatch down to €38

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/overwatch-origins-edition/cid=EP0002-CUSA03974_00-OWORIGINS0000000

I'm tempted to go digital cause the PS4 seems to hate OW discs :/

I've already bought it ;-;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Sent yourself and Jonny friend requests through the Ubisoft Club website. You need to accept them for me to send invite

Code received but after numerous attempts to log in to ubisoft and finally getting in, the code is not valid, not working through psn store either. Thanks totz but if I don't get it to work tomorrow I'll be passing. If they can't get the simple things right then they ain't getting my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dudeeile wrote: »
    Code received but after numerous attempts to log in to ubisoft and finally getting in, the code is not valid, not working through psn store either. Thanks totz but if I don't get it to work tomorrow I'll be passing. If they can't get the simple things right then they ain't getting my money.

Fair enough. Even sending the invites was a pain in the hole

Fair enough. Even sending the invites was a pain in the hole

i didnt get anything off you on ubi

Had to set up a Ubisoft account for Far Cry3 and use it for 4 & The Division. Have no idea what it is, what it does or how to access it.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Had to set up a Ubisoft account for Far Cry3 and use it for 4 & The Division. Have no idea what it is, what it does or how to access it.

Gim's, in the division there is a uplay option on the main menu, go in and when it loads up you will get new skins etc (Splinter cell clothes etc)

Gim's, in the division there is a uplay option on the main menu, go in and when it loads up you will get new skins etc (Splinter cell clothes etc)

Ah yeah, I managed to find that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

And getting the 2TB HDD for the PS4 tomorrow :)

Where'd you get the HDD?
    Was gonna play some O.W. with ye this week but couldn't download the update :mad:

Where'd you get the HDD?
    Was gonna play some O.W. with ye this week but couldn't download the update :mad:

I'd say he amazon'd or argos'd it :P

Argos was the cheapest (than Amazon). Was getting other stuff out there so was able to avail of the €5/€50 and €10/€100 voucher thing too

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=SEAGATE+2TB&authToken=267844083%252c1ERiQGvoIkry0Jzq09F%252faakfqP0%253d

Started playing this last night. Absolute blast of a game. Side scrolling platforming ludicrous shooting sploding bad guys type of game. 4 player co-op available.

Here's the site and page I was on about in the Party Chat last night Totz and Go

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/psn/global/GenericDreadhead/trends

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Finally placed - can put overwatch down til next season now! ;-p

Finally placed - can put overwatch down til next season now! ;-p

What rank you get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What rank you get?

Silver - 1730 I think, definitely 17somthing.

Advertisement