Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »
    That image is broken :P

I got it in Smyths for 65 :D have to go to swords to collect it tho.

CEX are offering €120 voucher for it. 95 cash

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CEX are offering €120 voucher for it. 95 cash

Yeah I seen that but nah I couldnt do that. Altho there is a second one in blanch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I wanted more space more than I wanted faster load times. That's what it boils down to really. Plus I'll probably get a 2nd PS4 and/or Pro sometime in the future and I can review it again then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I wanted more space more than I wanted faster load times. That's what it boils down to really. Plus I'll probably get a 2nd PS4 and/or Pro sometime in the future and I can review it again then.

Well TBH at this point in time you are better off. I would wait until the SSHD is around for a while before I invest in one :D

I worked in Sky TV when Sky 3D (and as a result 3D TVs) were launched and being pushed. I learned not to adopt to technology early

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Got the ubi email and it shows up under my ubisoft account but the code is coming up as invalid when I try to input on the Playstation, through browser and app. Ubisoft website is a mess, looking like I'll be passing on this.

The useless fcukers probably gave you an XBox or PC code. Seems to have happened for a lot of others.

They made a right balls of it! It's a shame really coz the game isn't half bad... well apart from the disastrous connection.

It's weird anyway that they'd have a closed beta like a fortnight before release.

Ubisoft you say?

A Balls up?

201603_1012_agegg_sm.jpg

Ubisoft you say?

A Balls up?

Every game they release that interests me, I make the mistake of assuming they've improved

Sent you the invite there now Jonny. Hopefully it goes better for you than Dude

edit: I still have one invite if anyone wants the frustration of it

OMFG I didn't realise Pit People was out already :)

It's the 4th Game from indie game developer The Behemoth

They did Alien Hominoid, Castle Crushers and Battleblock Theater

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Who-in-the-what-now?

• Advertisement

Watched the Pit People trailer. Wow, it's so........ weird and wonderful.

Watched the Pit People trailer. Wow, it's so........ weird and wonderful.

Have you NOT played Castle Crashers or Battleblock Theater? :eek:

Can't say that I have. I'm obviously missing out on something here.

From a Gameplay, Humour (subjective) and Couch Co-op point of view they are very hard to top imho

One word. Sold.

Lads the nes mini is awesome. Me and Nathan had so much fun playing it last night. Cannot wait to get the second controller :) if anyone in Dublin wants 1 I can arrange 1 for yis at cost price 65 euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Smyths have the PSVR headset back in stock if anyone here is looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You bother with the new HD yet Cormac?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-seagate-firecuda-2tb-review

This firecuda yoke seems to be the shizzle, you won't see any benefit without a Pro though I'm guessing....

My BF 1 loading speed is fairly rocket fast with my 1TB SSHD, I'm usually in a tank before the rest even load in....

The game needs to take advantage of it also, and feck all do at the moment, will only get better in future with newer releases...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

That Firecuda will see decent benefits if you only play a one or two games. As it only has a certain amount of nand cache that it can use to speed up games. Once that caches is full and you start a new game one of the old games has to come out of the cache. Meaning the old games loading times will be back to square one when you start it up.

Still though,if you only play one or two games should see a decent benefit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    That Firecuda will see decent benefits if you only play a one or two games. As it only has a certain amount of nand cache that it can use to speed up games. Once that caches is full and you start a new game one of the old games has to come out of the cache. Meaning the old games loading times will be back to square one when you start it up.

Still though,if you only play one or two games should see a decent benefit

You will also see a benefit as you continue through a game as a lot of the game engine will end up in the cache. Thats why I mentioned how good my ps3 sshd was with Gran Turismo. The ps4 should be able to do it more justice though as the PS3 max read speed is poor.

I didn't bother yet. Spent the weekend drunk and playing Overwatch or hungover and building flat pack furniture Lo

I didn't bother yet. Spent the weekend drunk and playing Overwatch or hungover and building flat pack furniture Lo

Fair play, we got the IKEA dude to do that ****, I'm awful when handed instructions...

My sister loves doing IKEA assembly but alas she popped a baby out of her a few months back and has little interest in IKEA since.... :P

Well I be it must be nice shopping at IKEA. I'll stick to usual old Argos $hite here in Cork thank you very much :D

Will upload a picture of the ole gaming set up later

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bought a chair in IKEA a few months back and got my brother to construct it. Have little patience for stuff like that and if I'd tried it's 50/50 if it would have ended up in the bin.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Bought a chair in IKEA a few months back and got my brother to construct it. Have little patience for stuff like that and if I'd tried it's 50/50 if it would have ended up in the bin.

BniXC3yCEAA9mbb.jpg

67240418.jpg

Well I be it must be nice shopping at IKEA.

Believe me, it's not...

Not in Ballym(f)un anyway...

My relatives come up for the day from Kilkenny to my Mams a few times a year for an IKEA pilgrimage and a fry up in our house after, they love that stuff, I do like IKEA horsemeat meatballs though...

And the sweets of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

IKEA is a headwrecker. So many people. People enjoy this stuff? I only wanted a chair. Don't go with a hangover.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Believe me, it's not...

Not in Ballym(f)un anyway...

My relatives come up for the day from Kilkenny to my Mams a few times a year for an IKEA pilgrimage and a fry up in our house after, they love that stuff, I do like IKEA horsemeat meatballs though...

And the sweets of course...

Dude dont be giving them all ideas down in Cork or he will be doing a monthly IKEA pilgrimage on ya :pac:

Advertisement