Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ehhhh I already bought it. Might aswell use it

Yeah but now you dont have to go to the hassle of opening up etc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah but now you dont have to go to the hassle of opening up etc :pac:

I can't use a USB for an external as Solvable said. 1 for headset, 1 for joypad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I wonder if there would be any issues with one of those PS4 USB hub thingies.

ps4-usb-hub.jpg

I can see the controller charging being ok, but the Headphone Dongle? That would be questionable. There's no reason it SHOULDN'T work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I wonder if there would be any issues with one of those PS4 USB hub thingies.

ps4-usb-hub.jpg

I can see the controller charging being ok, but the Headphone Dongle? That would be questionable. There's no reason it SHOULDN'T work.

Actually the dongle uses feck all power so would work fine, it would be the joypad I would be worried about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The ds4 will charge off a wall plug unlike the ds3 if you need to free one up.

• Advertisement

The ds4 will charge off a wall plug unlike the ds3 if you need to free one up.

I think he is referring to his new shiny NACON controller :pac:

It's going to end up looking like a Sega with all those ad ons

4QSK6cU.jpg

Yeah, had a bit of random money sitting around my paypal account that I didn't know about so said I'd treat myself :pac:

Yeah, had a bit of random money sitting around my paypal account that I didn't know about so said I'd treat myself :pac:

You hardly got that for the 2 PS4's/PS'3 and xbox360 games you found knocking about? :pac:

Which will be gathering dust before long. Shhhhh

If the dongle works, the Nacon will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ehhhh I already bought it. Might aswell use it

Got mine last night too, looks like a bit of a hassle copying the games across, but it's better than having an external HDD poking out too for a toddler to grab...

Which will be gathering dust before long. Shhhhh

If the dongle works, the Nacon will work.

To be fair. 1st impressions of the physical distance from R3 stick to R2 trigger was not great. Might just be small hands.

Then again after moaning about my TV for hour or so and realising I was watching SD and not HD I feel a bit of a fool :o

Then again after moaning about my TV for hour or so and realising I was watching SD and not HD I feel a bit of a fool :o

Hahaha - you got it sorted then?

I actually went through an online guide for setting the TV up with the PS4, it looked much better too. Changing the colours, contrast, brightness, and TV mode which I wouldn't have had much of a clue about.

To be fair. 1st impressions of the physical distance from R3 stick to R2 trigger was not great. Might just be small hands.

It is a contender for the "Remember when that happened" thread.

It is a contender for the "Remember when that happened" thread.

Put it in regardless :P

Altho i heard JCD had another mishap lately with Pro Controllers.... not just one but two of them :D

Might just be small hands.

ySFtYLc51D3pK.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I currently use a usb hub that takes the headset receiver and a keyboard, my controller gets its own special little usb slot.

The Nacon takes some getting used to, that was always going to be the way, minimum of 2 weeks easily. I remember changing profile in Destiny which took about 2 weeks of solid play to feel right, not back to my best but at least it was becoming intuitive, it's all about regaining the muscle memory.

The main problem I've had so far is the bumper design, they just don't feel right, of course I'll get used to them but I think it's one area where design improvements could be made, also what's with the 2 different size thumbsticks, absolute madness.

The biggest difficulty I've found so far is the confusion with all the buttons so what I did was to forget about the rear buttons and just play as normal, once you're comfortable with the new layout then you can introduce the rear buttons, again at the start I was just using one mapping on each side. This has worked for me and may help someone else out before they decide it's not for them.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I also adjusted the triggers so that they reach 100% after only 50% trigger pull.

I'll be running these settings starting tonight.

8wHJp87l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

With only 2 ports on the console, 1 taken up with Headphone dongle and other for DS4 socking station, there will have to be a rethink.

At least Generic doesn't have to worry about swapping the drive out anymore.

Ye but what's a socking station.

Ye but what's a socking station.

It's where ya get put for asking silly questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dudeeile wrote: »
    It's where ya get put for asking silly questions.

IqNkWuv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Super Bowl.
    So had to leave the match at half time cause I needed to be up at 7 for work. GOD BLOODY DAMN IT

Super Bowl.
    So had to leave the match at half time cause I needed to be up at 7 for work. GOD BLOODY DAMN IT

I ended up watching it all. There was only 16 minutes of play in total =/

http://supplementreviews.com/articles/entertainment/ball-in-play-for-a-total-of-387

Someone deleted all of the interesting comments.
    What was said?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Someone deleted all of the interesting comments.
    What was said?

NSFW comments:
    A guy was talking about how a girl he knew had some illness which took away her spirit and eventually killed her, and within the same post immediately described how this girl was his and his wife's swinging partner and took some extra big dildo with an engine from him one time, with pictures.

Its how she wanted to be remembered.

NSFW comments:
    A guy was talking about how a girl he knew had some illness which took away her spirit and eventually killed her, and within the same post immediately described how this girl was his and his wife's swinging partner and took some extra big dildo with an engine from him one time, with pictures.

Its how she wanted to be remembered.

Have you a copy of said pictures? Purely for educational reasons :pac:

Have you a copy of said pictures? Purely for educational reasons :pac:

Check your backup jonny, you might already have a copy.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Check your backup jonny, you might already have a copy.

It appears that I don't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Didn't realise ye were all hiding away in this little old thread. Sweet lord Johnny I thought you were a choir boy

• Advertisement

Oh, he's a choir boy alright. The choir boy the priests love. :D

On an unrelated note, someone has developed Portal for the MS Hololens.

Advertisement