Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

riggerman wrote: »
    Didn't realise ye were all hiding away in this little old thread. Sweet lord Johnny I thought you were a choir boy

See what this lot have done to me :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

riggerman wrote: »
    Didn't realise ye were all hiding away in this little old thread. Sweet lord Johnny I thought you were a choir boy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Portal is awesome.

Had great fun playing couch co-op with my buddy (though it might have been Portal 2 only)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is anyone else unable to navigate to Gaming -> General?

Keeps bringing me to Boards main page -_-

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is anyone else unable to navigate to Gaming -> General?

Keeps bringing me to Boards main page -_-

Nope its working fine for me :P

Direct linky: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nope its working fine for me :P

Direct linky: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I'm on Chrome and that link brings me right to http://www.boards.ie/

Works fine on Safari

I'm on Chrome and that link brings me right to http://www.boards.ie/

Works fine on Safari

Im using chrome here and its fine? Clear your cookies, i noticed a tonnes of redirect loops on the main page yesterday so its probably that.

I assume your looking for the OW thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102547316

Try that and see if it gets you in.

Finished the Titanfall 2 campaign last night, its brilliant.

Started Alien, on chapter 3 now and enjoying it so far :D

I think a cow was in labour outside my house on Wednesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Y'always get these really useful pieces of information in this thread round this time of the week.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Y'always get these really useful pieces of information in this thread round this time of the week.

I'm trying to keep the community spirit alive.

Not all of you have come over to Overwatch yet, so I'm doing my best to provide stimulus

I'm trying to keep the community spirit alive.

Not all of you have come over to Overwatch yet, so I'm doing my best to provide stimulus

Hence the pregnant cow?

Look, getting your Twitch vies into the double digits isn't as easy as it used to be, you have to be willing to branch out and experiment a bit.

I've seen a bit of Overwatch. There just seems like too much going on. Can't imagine I'd be able to keep up after a glass of wine.

As I'm too scared to play it I've watched RE7 on youtube. Actually think I might pick it up now. Really looks good. Youtuber playing it used to get really distressed

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Look, getting your Twitch vies into the double digits isn't as easy as it used to be, you have to be willing to branch out and experiment a bit.

Those are just Rossi watching on multiple devices
    I've seen a bit of Overwatch. There just seems like too much going on. Can't imagine I'd be able to keep up after a glass of wine.

It's not that bad. There does usually be at least a few of us drunk when playing

Perfect Wine game.
    • Pick Mercy
    • Stand Next to a Tank
    • Hold R2, once you have pressed it once You dont even need to look at them or aim
    • Win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Huh.
    Perfect Wine game.
    • Pick Mercy Bastion
    • Stand Next to a Tank
    • Hold R2, once you have pressed it once You dont even need to look at them or aim
    • Win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cheers, the cow is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

There does usually be at least a few of us drunk when playing

Really:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

A bit of a WotM vibe from this Virgin Media ad??

Gone Resident Evil crazy. Playing Revelations 2 yesterday. Played it before when it was free on plus but gave up on it. Really enjoying it this time round. Just bought the remaster of 4 and Origins. Sterling is really weak :)
    Finding it hard to get into the remake of the original. The controls are terribad. Deleted (in frustration) and reinstalled. Think I'm doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gone Resident Evil crazy. Playing Revelations 2 yesterday. Played it before when it was free on plus but gave up on it. Really enjoying it this time round. Just bought the remaster of 4 and Origins. Sterling is really weak :)
    Finding it hard to get into the remake of the original. The controls are terribad. Deleted (in frustration) and reinstalled. Think I'm doing something wrong.

They altered the controls so that left moves left etc which actually makes it more difficult imo, switch it back to the old school tank controls and try again.

yeah I think that could be it. keep trying to run away from zombies and run right into them. "aaarrhhhhh" munch munch munch

So, I'm gonna perform the PS4 HDD upgrade tomorrow.

I have a query about the "Backing Up/Restoring" piece. So, the PS4 doesn't recognise certain external SSDs I've tried before.

When doing the back up and using the external, is there a certain type I need to use?

Do I need to back up the whole PS4 storage (pictures, apps, Games, Videos) or Can I just back up the Saved Games and P.T.

If I wanted to do that, would I need to delete all the other stuff off the PS4 1st or what

I have like 3 externals hard drives (HDD and SSD) and a 16GB USB Flash Drive.

Previously my issue was I couldn't get Pics/Vids off the Hard drive to an external and it HAD to be a "Flash Drive"

Explain like I'm 5yo here cause watching videos they are like "Back up your PS4" and I'm like..... ugh

just checked on youtube on the HDD thing and the video was 42 minutes long. I'm just going to buy a pro instead.

Generic, would you not hold out until external support comes in that way you have an additional 500gb of storage?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Generic, would you not hold out until external support comes in that way you have an additional 500gb of storage?

You run into USB connection issues doing that (might not be an issue for Generic, might be, dunno).

Also, he already bought the HDD, so may as well use it.

I look forward to the stories.

You run into USB connection issues doing that (might not be an issue for Generic, might be, dunno).

Also, he already bought the HDD, so may as well use it.

I look forward to the stories.

USB hubs work with no problem. I just see it as madness going through the hassle now that we know external support is just about ready. No messing around its just plug and play.

But hey, i will look forward to hearing about how it goes :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, I'm gonna perform the PS4 HDD upgrade tomorrow.

I have a query about the "Backing Up/Restoring" piece. So, the PS4 doesn't recognise certain external SSDs I've tried before.

When doing the back up and using the external, is there a certain type I need to use?

Do I need to back up the whole PS4 storage (pictures, apps, Games, Videos) or Can I just back up the Saved Games and P.T.

If I wanted to do that, would I need to delete all the other stuff off the PS4 1st or what

I have like 3 externals hard drives (HDD and SSD) and a 16GB USB Flash Drive.

Previously my issue was I couldn't get Pics/Vids off the Hard drive to an external and it HAD to be a "Flash Drive"

Explain like I'm 5yo here cause watching videos they are like "Back up your PS4" and I'm like..... ugh

Ideally, you would want (need) 2 USB sticks (it's what I used). The issues with external drives forces you to the USB sticks. They even say it on their website. First one for all your game saves/PT/vids/pics. Second for the latest O/S. For a new install, just go to the bottom of the page.

Depending on how much data you want to bring over, it can take an hour or so to transfer all your files from the 4 to the stick (and again in the other direction). Delete the stuff (Vids/Pics) you know you wont use, then just save the rest to the stick. The more you delete, the faster the transfer is, obviously.

The physical process of swapping out the HDD takes 10 mins. Installing the O/S takes 20/30 mins I think.

It is a fairly easy process (minus the "Oh **** what have I done" sweats).

Edit: Direct from the PS website. Instructions.

It's the site I used.

You'll then just have the hassle of reinstalling the games and downloading all their updates.

Advertisement