Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Totz: "Seriously though, we should all stop splitting up, we should just take one car, no need for 2 cars"
    Me: "Totz all 4 of us are in a Boat"

Totz: "Let me fly the f**king Helicopter"
    Me: "Why? What's wrong with me being the pilot? I've been the pilot in every mission and had no issues and....."
    Totz: "Let me be the pilot"
    Me: "Fine, just shut up complaining"

Totz crashes in the very 1st object that was more than 20 feet high

:rolleyes:

Also that's helicopter crashing into us was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also that's helicopter crashing into us was epic.

Yes, but that wasn't down to my piloting skills.

You should have shot the helicopter in such a way so it flew in a different direction while blowing up.

Typical Non-Pilot play by the lads yet again letting me down :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone Switching it up from Friday?

Zelda will be having my full attention for the next while.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Okay Cyril, she's all yours :pac:

yjumFOT.png

Don't forget to pick me and dude up off the roof.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fieldog wrote: »

Sniper will be joining ya, seen he got his paid off already. Might get one later in the year but never bothered with the Wii U.

• Advertisement

Yes, have one preorder in Smyths and it was pretty much the same price as Amazon and I can get it for the weekend to surprise herself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yes, have one preorder in Smyths and it was pretty much the same price as Amazon and I can get it for the weekend to surprise herself

Quality, can't wait, haven't had a Nintendo console (like Jonny!) probably since the OG Wii....

Mainly looking forward to first party stuff obviously....

If you take the Console + 6 1st Party Games (over the consoles lifetime) to be roughly equal to ~€600 (300 + 6x50) to be value for money if you get 200 hours of proper entertainment it's great.

Some games you get 800 hours of play for 40 quid

It's a whole Cost v Value thing

The Wii U had, imho 6 1st party games that made it worth owning.

If you cannot wrap your head around owning a console for the sake of 6 (excellent) games, The witch won't be for you.

It's still ~€3 an hour which is cheaper than a lot of things.

But games like Destiny, Minecraft, GTA, WoW all make people think that "Volume of Hours Played" = Quality

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm definitely interested in getting one. Haven't had a Nintendo system since the n64 so feel like I've been missing out. Don't think I want to pay day one price for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Quality, can't wait,

Are you engaged to generic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'll be picking up the switch for sure on friday!

sooooooooon

So is this only for new PSN IDs or can it be used for relapsed subs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yesterday was my PS plus renewal day / birthday. Is this an excuse for a drink?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So is this only for new PSN IDs or can it be used for relapsed subs?

No you can use it as long as you dont have +

gimli2112 wrote: »

Have 2 drinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Finish the aftershock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    Finish the aftershock.

Vom!!

dudeeile wrote: »
    Finish the aftershock.

I think he already did, he just doesnt realise thats not aftershock in the bottle, thats the after effects of drinking the stuff in it :pac:

tbh at this point it's probably fermented into pure poison

• Advertisement

I'm glad I gave up spirits a long time ago

Found an excel file on my computer called "Fragments"... it was my manual tracker for Calcified Fragments, last opened October 12th 2015... Blast from the past :o

Soooo boards now has Video Adverts with sound that autoplay, is this new? I have not seen this s**t before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Soooo boards now has Video Adverts with sound that autoplay, is this new? I have not seen this s**t before

Yup. Really annoying when your supposed to be working, and sat right next to boss.

*dum-de-dum*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Don't think it's supposed to happen. There's a thread for reporting inappropriate ads in Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Autoplay ads are the worst thing on the internet. The people who implement them should be burned at the stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Found an excel file on my computer called "Fragments"... it was my manual tracker for Calcified Fragments, last opened October 12th 2015... Blast from the past :o

This Summer From the same studio that brought you " 2 mins i'm building a smoke"
    "suck a dick" and the critically acclaimed "we 100% need better callouts" comes the latest opus "Fragments" a emotional retelling of one man's epic quest into an alien fortress where he searches out the mysterious "fragments"
    which impart onto him forbidden knowledge of a looming threat facing the entire galaxy, only he can save humanity...

So my Ps4 charger died yesterday and the Ps3 cable isn't compatible. Never go searching for something when you're drinking, it looks like I've been burgled. Found a video of a stoner who discovered you can charge your dual shock with your phone charger. How on earth did the world solve problems before the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

So my Ps4 charger died yesterday and the Ps3 cable isn't compatible. Never go searching for something when you're drinking, it looks like I've been burgled. Found a video of a stoner who discovered you can charge your dual shock with your phone charger. How on earth did the world solve problems before the internet?

I think petking fried his controller before using a phone charger

• Advertisement

crap my house is going to burn down

Advertisement