Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its the fast charge phone chargers that cause a problem. If it is a standard phone charger it is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

gimli2112 wrote: »
    So my Ps4 charger died yesterday and the Ps3 cable isn't compatible. Never go searching for something when you're drinking, it looks like I've been burgled. Found a video of a stoner who discovered you can charge your dual shock with your phone charger. How on earth did the world solve problems before the internet?

Been doing that for ages, is that not a common thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've been recharging it in one of the PS4 USB ports. Never knew you could use a phone charger. Positive experience so far, on the assumption it hasn't exploded while I'm at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've been recharging it in one of the PS4 USB ports. Never knew you could use a phone charger. Positive experience so far, on the assumption it hasn't exploded while I'm at work.

If it's a fast charge, like a one plus 3 or Galaxy 7, you are most likely fooked, the battery will only keep charge for about 10 mins....

Problem is, half the new phones don't tell you if they are charging at 0.5v or the one that wrecks the DS4 1.0v...

If it's an older 2 or 3 year old standard micro port you will be fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well Zelda on the Switch is class altogether I have to say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No issues with console or anything? How does it feel as a portable? Is there much difference when it's docked? Will probably pick one up eventually.

Picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday. It really is a good looking game, even on the OG4. Plays beautifully. Considering it's in the same vein as Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Far Cry Primal, I'm enjoying HZD a hell of a lot more. (I fell asleep playing Fallout, and compared to Far Cry, the bow handles better, which makes it more enjoyable)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah just got my copy of HZD. I loved Far Cry 3 but couldn't get into Far Cry 4 for some reason (rabid annoying animals most likely)

It feels fine. I dunno what all this feedback about it melting or tasting like petrol or falling apart are about. Feels grand for what essentially amounts to a tablet with a plastic docking station. I think it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No issues with console or anything? How does it feel as a portable? Is there much difference when it's docked? Will probably pick one up eventually.

Picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday. It really is a good looking game, even on the OG4. Plays beautifully. Considering it's in the same vein as Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Far Cry Primal, I'm enjoying HZD a hell of a lot more. (I fell asleep playing Fallout, and compared to Far Cry, the bow handles better, which makes it more enjoyable)

Bit heavy as a portable, but nice in your hands. Having no issues with mine, but someone I know had to get a replacement as it would only work for about 2 mins before crashing.

It feels fine. I dunno what all this feedback about it melting or tasting like petrol or falling apart are about. Feels grand for what essentially amounts to a tablet with a plastic docking station. I think it's great.

The game cartridges/cards have been deliberately design to taste foul, so if a young child decides to chow down on one, s/he will automatically spit it out.

Go to 3:00.

• Advertisement

Bit heavy as a portable, but nice in your hands. Having no issues with mine, but someone I know had to get a replacement as it would only work for about 2 mins before crashing.

Christ.

The usual hyperbole surrounds any console release.

Funny about the game cartridges though :D

giphy.gif

Repost from gaming humour.

It's honestly probably the best game I've ever played, and I've only had one weekend with it...

Dare I say what I have played so far easily beats Ocarina, and I adore OOT, it's one of my favourite games....

Fieldog wrote: »
    It's honestly probably the best game I've ever played, and I've only had one weekend with it...

Dare I say what I have played so far easily beats Ocarina, and I adore OOT, it's one of my favourite games....

Herself played it from like 1pm to 3:30am straight on Saturday. Mesmerised isn't the word

Herself played it from like 1pm to 3:30am straight on Saturday. Mesmerised isn't the word

Yeah we have been flat out taking turns on it, a couple of hours here and there... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah my missus has been glued to the Puyo Puyo demo, zelda is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

There's a train coming Totz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

There's a train coming Totz.

I had ye on in the background while I was working on the laptop last night :D

I had the arsenal game on - I reckon the lads will have put up a better and more coordinated plan in GTA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I had the arsenal game on - I reckon the lads will have put up a better and more coordinated plan in GTA.

Have you seen our rubbish collecting skills?

Have you seen our rubbish collecting skills?

Did you see Arsenal defending?:D

Middle Earth: Shadow of War gameplay trailer looks absolutely great, hype as f**k, loved the 1st one

Middle Earth: Shadow of War gameplay trailer looks absolutely great, hype as f**k, loved the 1st one

Same. Ordered it from GS on the ps4 when they had the pricing error, hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Same. Ordered it from GS on the ps4 when they had the pricing error, hope it doesn't get cancelled.

You know it will.

New PS4 Update going live tomorrow, bringing External Drive Support, custom wallpapers, and BOOST mode for the Pro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

New PS4 Update going live tomorrow, bringing External Drive Support, custom wallpapers, and BOOST mode for the Pro.

So lads, best external drive to get is???

jonnycivic wrote: »
    So lads, best external drive to get is???

A big one. 16TB SSD. Samsung. 10 Grand. Chump change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A big one. 16TB SSD. Samsung. 10 Grand. Chump change.

Max the Ps4 can take is 8TB so try again :pac:

• Advertisement

I wouldn't bother going any bigger than a 2TB.

I Installed pretty much every PS4 PS Plus game from the last 30 months on mine, along with 3 fully digital games (TF2, OW, GTA) and about another ~10 Disc based games with LARGE patches (UC4, Doom, DH2 etc) and I'm not even using a Full 1TB

Advertisement