Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is that Community? I've been recommended to watch that a load of times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Arrested Development. Community is excellent too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Get out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Califorication for a decent show to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »

Went to buy this from Amazon. They have a 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB and 12TB. Guess which one they don't ship to Ireland. Friggin amazon!
    Really only need it for storage as I'm tired having to delete games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Went to buy this from Amazon. They have a 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB and 12TB. Guess which one they don't ship to Ireland. Friggin amazon!
    Really only need it for storage as I'm tired having to delete games.

Parcel Motel it dude :D

or buy this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057715960

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My Nacon revolution controller broke at the weekend. L3 simply stopped working.

Rang Amazon on Saturday night and was immediately told a replacement was on its way to me. Due up North at Parcel Motel today. Can't fault the customer service. Should have it tomorrow.

Went back to using the standard controller - I missed the mapped jump from the Nacon, but was glad to have the normal PS triggers.

Wish I could get the Striker Pack FPS Dominator addon for the DS4 pad - seems impossible to get over here, and even stock in the US doesn't look great. a $40 Scuff alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

My Nacon revolution controller broke at the weekend. L3 simply stopped working.

Rang Amazon on Saturday night and was immediately told a replacement was on its way to me. Due up North at Parcel Motel today. Can't fault the customer service. Should have it tomorrow.

Went back to using the standard controller - I missed the mapped jump from the Nacon, but was glad to have the normal PS triggers.

Wish I could get the Striker Pack FPS Dominator addon for the DS4 pad - seems impossible to get over here, and even stock in the US doesn't look great. a $40 Scuff alternative.

That actually looks decent. 40 bucks and 17 for shipping. 2 to 4 weeks shipping time though. :(

Who wants to go halvers on shipping?

That actually looks decent. 40 bucks and 17 for shipping. 2 to 4 weeks shipping time though. :(

Who wants to go halvers on shipping?

Same shipping price if you buy two? I'd go halves if you want to post the second on to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Same shipping price if you buy two? I'd go halves if you want to post the second on to me.

Lads, why not get as many people as you can to do a group buy with them and see if they drop the unit price aswell?

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lads, why not get as many people as you can to do a group buy with them and see if they drop the unit price aswell?

Customs charges?

Who are we gonna trust to the post them on - who the feck is gonna be arsed to deal with it!

I'll jump in if someone is happy to do all actual legwork!:D

Yeah shipping costs very rarely change with multiple items.

Right for 2 items, it breaks down as follows:

Order Summary
    Items (2): EUR 77,72
    Shipping & handling: EUR 6,59
    Total before tax: EUR 84,31
    Estimated tax to be collected: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit EUR 19,40
    Order total: EUR 103,71

Import fees are collected by Amazon at PoS, as opposed to waiting for Mr Postman to arrive at your door. If Amazon have over calculated the fees, they will issue a refund of the difference. It's happened to me before and they are fairly prompt with it.

Done some reading on that Striker Pack FPS Dominator thing. Seems very finicky.

From their website:
    Why did my controller become unresponsive and shut off when using the FPS Dominator?
    This occurs if the FPS Dominator is connected before the controller syncs correctly to the wireless profile. Simply unplug and plug back in the cable to FPS Dominator adapter and it will work correctly for the entire play session. In order to avoid this issue, make sure the controller is connected wirelessly and signed into your profile as normal before plugging in the cable to the FPS Dominator adapter. The adapter can remain on the controller at all times, even when unplugged if you want to operate in the normal wireless mode of the controller.
    Why does my Primary Fire keep shutting off?
    This is a common misconception. In fact the Primary fire you have set up in MOD mode is still working, just out of sync. The FPS Dominator senses the press of the Triangle Button to determine weapon swapping from your Primary or Secondary weapon. This allows separate MODS on Primary and Secondary weapons for the highest level of customization. If this goes out of sync due to the character dying or the game session ending while using a Secondary weapon, simply PRESS RIGHT D-PAD and TAP Triangle – this will re-sync and your correct Primary fire mode will return instantly.

Still like the idea of the Rapid Fire mod for SR's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

back in my day there used to be outrage if we thought a guy on the other team was using a modded controller.

Done some reading on that Striker Pack FPS Dominator thing. Seems very finicky.

From their website:

Still like the idea of the Rapid Fire mod for SR's.

my hope would be it can be run with no mods beyond the two mapped back buttons. I've set up no macros on the Nacon and wouldn't be interested in that type of thing on the Strikepack.

my hope would be it can be run with no mods beyond the two mapped back buttons. I've set up no macros on the Nacon and wouldn't be interested in that type of thing on the Strikepack.

They have a tournament mode which activates the paddles only. So on the desync issue with mods, there'd be no issues there. Question is can you live with having to reconnect it every time you turn it on? (First world problems :rolleyes:)

They have a tournament mode which activates the paddles only. So on the desync issue with mods, there'd be no issues there. Question is can you live with having to reconnect it every time you turn it on? (First world problems :rolleyes:)

I'm surprised it needs to start wireless and then go wired.

This is where I first heard of them, by the way:

I'm surprised it needs to start wireless and then go wired.

This is where I first heard of them, by the way:

He actually explains about the desync issue. If the system is turned on by the PS button on the controller, the Mod Pack doesn't sync properly, which causes the issue. If you turn the console on first, then the controller, he says he hasn't had any desync issues.

Tempted by it all the same.

• Advertisement

Langer

The best possible explanation for the ‘penis’ meaning of langer is that it comes from leangaire – apparently a word in a dictionary of the Muskerry Gaeltacht meaning “a long, slender salmon”. (We haven’t been able to confirm this.)

Some have suggested that its association with Cork people comes from a time in the 19th century when the Munster Fusiliers regiment of the British Army was posted to India, and were plagued by Langur monkeys in the jungles. The soldiers brought the word back with them to refer to uncouth, wild people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Langer

How did Flawless go? :D

PetKing wrote: »

I don't want to talk about it. It was achieved, that is all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Which raid did you settle on in the end?

Which raid did you settle on in the end?

Crota. Think the attempt was over an hour longer than it should have been because of me. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gotta say I'm really enjoying Hotline Miami 2. For €2.99 shur ya can't go wrong

Level design can be a bit crap and glitchy at times with enemies wandering off the map.

It's bloody tough

The music is frickin' awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Its got a kickass soundtrack

PetKing wrote: »

After 2 years of sporadic attempts, I finally achieved my first ever Platinum trophy. Have tried for flawless before, but it usually ended in at least one rage quit due to constant silly mistakes. Tried it solo a few times, but could never cheese the bridge.
    Crota. Think the attempt was over an hour longer than it should have been because of me. Oh well.

Too bloody right it was you. Going for 3 swords on Crota, not taking any risks. Generic going for final sword, Conovar goes to help, Guardian Down. Deathly silent for the next 2 attempts. :D

Any recording of it deserves to be in "Remeber when THAT happened?"

• Advertisement

After 2 years of sporadic attempts, I finally achieved my first ever Platinum trophy. Have tried for flawless before, but it usually ended in at least one rage quit due to constant silly mistakes. Tried it solo a few times, but could never cheese the bridge.

Too bloody right it was you. Going for 3 swords on Crota, not taking any risks. Generic going for final sword, Conovar goes to help, Guardian Down. Deathly silent for the next 2 attempts. :D

Any recording of it deserves to be in "Remeber when THAT happened?"

If the mic was better you would have heard "f***, s***, f****** c***, god damn f****** idiot w*****" when I fell down the hole in the abyss on the very next attempt.

SO DAMNED ANGRY WITH MYSELF.

Advertisement