Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have very few platinums. Battlefield 4, Destiny, Hotshots Golf World Tour (I think) and Far Cry 3.
    One I regret not platinuming is TLOU. I was 1/2 way through the MP trophy and got my group wiped out. I needed a kill and had a guy down but time ran out before I could finish him off. Really really annoyed and I gave up on the MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

If the mic was better you would have heard "f***, s***, f****** c***, god damn f****** idiot w*****" when I fell down the hole in the abyss on the very next attempt.

SO DAMNED ANGRY WITH MYSELF.

Ah it was all good. Even if we didn't get it, it was quite an enjoyable few hours. Have missed that side of Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Assassin's Creed 2 was my first platinum. It was a proxy easy one to get too.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Assassins creed 2 , destiny, borderlands 2 and a pis easy tales from borderlands

I've no real interest in the trophy things, or GS or XBox. But if, like the Flawless trophy, it's the last one I need, I'll try for it, but not religiously or to the detriment of fun. Rise of Iron I've 2 trophies left to get, the one for the 8 Iron Lord Artifacts (I've 6) and a hidden one (which I'm assuming is tied to the Artifact one). I'll get it, but in no rush to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've no real interest in the trophy things, or GS or XBox. But if, like the Flawless trophy, it's the last one I need, I'll try for it, but not religiously or to the detriment of fun. Rise of Iron I've 2 trophies left to get, the one for the 8 Iron Lord Artifacts (I've 6) and a hidden one (which I'm assuming is tied to the Artifact one). I'll get it, but in no rush to do it.

the hidden one is ringing the bells to sound the song of the iron lords.

Don't have that one myself, tried it once and it didn't work.

It's a pain to do it. I managed it but it seemed very glitchy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's easier with 2 or 3 people (think the gap between ringing each bell has to be pretty short), plus you also have to bank on no-one in the area realising what you're doing and running over to mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Only one I don't have either, every time I got a group to do it some random prick would come up and intentionally disrupt it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only one I don't have either, every time I got a group to do it some random prick would come up and intentionally disrupt it.

Yeah I tried it a few times so maybe when a few feck off with the new updates will this get done :D

• Advertisement

Ah right. Yeah, I'll not be too worried if I don't get it.

Got Horizon Zero Dawn and really enjoying it. So much so I bought another open world game The Witcher 3 GOTYE. Now I really want to finish off HZD but I really really want to start up the Witcher.
    First World Problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got Horizon Zero Dawn and really enjoying it. So much so I bought another open world game The Witcher 3 GOTYE. Now I really want to finish off HZD but I really really want to start up the Witcher.
    First World Problems

Screw em both and just replay TLOU, you know you want to.

Hmmm I actually do now I've figured out how to make screen shots into screensavers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah Gims and you can post HZD up to me and I will give it a good playthrough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

wexdevil wrote: »
    Its got a kickass soundtrack

It has.

The main theme is by a guy from Dublin

http://bennysmiles.com/

Some Mass Effect goodness

Remember seeing one of the live shows in the RDS way back when. I don't think it was ever physically possible for them to stay in character for too long. Pure comedy gold.

Lads have we any vapers in here? Bought one but looking for info on juices if anyone has some advice :)

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote:
    Lads have we any vapers in here? Bought one but looking for info on juices if anyone has some advice

I started 2 weeks ago after having lengthy discussions with mates that vape. As far as juice goes, you'd want to be on the 18mg juice to start with, considering the strength of Mayfair. I smoked a box of Marlboro Lights a day which is roughly 14mg. Going up to 18 has meant at the very least I can get the fix and make the clean break from smoking cigarettes. I'd aim to reduce to the 12mg eventually but not there yet. Not going to put myself under pressure and say I'm quitting. It was more a financial decision. As far as the flavour of juice to go for, it really is subjective. A mate of mine is a big advocate of the cigarette flavour and wanted it to closely resemble the real thing. I thought I'd be the same but I've tried others that I'm taking to more. I've settled into Lemon Sherbet as the one I'm smoking now. It's not sweet and the taste is mild so it's easy to take to. Strawberry and apple cider is another one I'm liking as again the taste is milder, I really can't stand the sickening sweet ones at all.

PetKing wrote: »
    I started 2 weeks ago after having lengthy discussions with mates that vape. As far as juice goes, you'd want to be on the 18mg juice to start with, considering the strength of Mayfair. I smoked a box of Marlboro Lights a day which is roughly 14mg. Going up to 18 has meant at the very least I can get the fix and make the clean break from smoking cigarettes. I'd aim to reduce to the 12mg eventually but not there yet. Not going to put myself under pressure and say I'm quitting. It was more a financial decision. As far as the flavour of juice to go for, it really is subjective. A mate of mine is a big advocate of the cigarette flavour and wanted it to closely resemble the real thing. I thought I'd be the same but I've tried others that I'm taking to more. I've settled into Lemon Sherbet as the one I'm smoking now. It's not sweet and the taste is mild so it's easy to take to. Strawberry and apple cider is another one I'm liking as again the taste is milder, I really can't stand the sickening sweet ones at all.

Good man thanks :) have you online shops for your liquids?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Terrible for you though

jonnycivic wrote:
    Good man thanks have you online shops for your liquids?

I just pick them up in a shop in town. A lot of places will let you sample the flavours to see what ones you like

Terrible for you though

Bar the delivery of nicotine to the system they're light years better than smoking tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

PetKing wrote: »
    Bar the delivery of nicotine to the system they're light years better than smoking tobacco.

There's a lot of harmful chemicals in them, anyway not my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Good man thanks :) have you online shops for your liquids?

This is a mate of mines shop :

http://www.vaporium.eu

I got her ladyship her awesome vape for Xmas here, she got a strawberry menthol one she liked...

I started on it after Xmas, used it for about 3 or 4 weeks and stopped altogether, was brilliant help to quit fags...

Fieldog wrote: »
    This is a mate of mines shop :

http://www.vaporium.eu

I got her ladyship her awesome vape for Xmas here, she got a strawberry menthol one she liked...

I started on it after Xmas, used it for about 3 or 4 weeks and stopped altogether, was brilliant help to quit fags...

Thanks man, I'll give them a look.

726d153f572fe8fc54e7f666d3796554.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Advertisement