Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Thinking of upgrading to the Pro soon, before D2, try and get the most out of it. For those that have it, is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thinking of upgrading to the Pro soon, before D2, try and get the most out of it. For those that have it, is it worth it?

If you have a 4k HDR TV, maybe yes.

If you don't, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This site is awesome. Type in a TV show name and it graphs how it was rated on IMDB so you can see trends (like when shows get rubbish or have 1 bad season etc)

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This site is awesome. Type in a TV show name and it graphs how it was rated on IMDB so you can see trends (like when shows get rubbish or have 1 bad season etc)

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 8.2/10
    Site appears legit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer 8.2/10
    Site appears legit

If you ever diss Buffy I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish :pac:

But OMG she was unreal hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I named my puppy Buffy

She only slays socks though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

At least he didnt check out "Muffy, The Vampire Layer"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    At least he didnt check out "Muffy, The Vampire Layer"

"The movie is intentionally camp and never tries to build a serious feeling of suspense."

The Overwatch PvE mode is pretty fun, jumped on for a few runs last night after Raiding.

• Advertisement

The Overwatch PvE mode is pretty fun, jumped on for a few runs last night after Raiding.

Indeed it is - Bastion and Reinhardt are just silly in it. Good fun.

Indeed it is - Bastion and Reinhardt are just silly in it. Good fun.

All 3 games last night (on Advanded/Expert) had 3 of us as Bastion/Rhein/Mercy...... and Genji

He was CONSTANTLY Dying and then Mercy would go help him and she'd Die, she should have just left him. D**k

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

All 3 games last night (on Advanded/Expert) had 3 of us as Bastion/Rhein/Mercy...... and Genji

He was CONSTANTLY Dying and then Mercy would go help him and she'd Die, she should have just left him. D**k

Do the hero picks vary by difficulty or just by game, we played on easy the other night to kill some time but those heros were greyed out.

What did I play with you? Beginner?

dudeeile wrote: »
    Do the hero picks vary by difficulty or just by game, we played on easy the other night to kill some time but those heros were greyed out.

as far as I know there is a version where you can only be Reinhardt/Mercy/Tracer/Torbjorn - and then a version where you can pick anyone.

dudeeile wrote: »

Yeah, as Conovar said there's 2 versions.
    What did I play with you? Beginner?

Maybe Hard I think (2nd) difficulty. 3rd difficulty is a good bit tougher, would be an enjoyable challenge in a group though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Depends on a lot of things whether it is worthwhile upgrade, it doesn't do anything for Destiny 1 with boost mode anyway

I got the Pro on release day, I play mainly on a 1080p TV, Battlefield 1 looks a lot sharper and clearer and maintains its FPS consistently as opposed to the "normal" version that plods between 45 and 60fps and is up and down like a yo-yo...

The main games I've seen differences are Infamous, Uncharted 4, TLoU, Rise of the Tomb Raider, No Man Sky, Fallout, Shadow Of Mordor, there's probably more I haven't​ even seen tbh...

The boys have a gaming PC and a 4K HDR TV in the kitchen (I am allowed on every so often!) and it obviously comes into its own there...

I can't wait to see what Bungie do with it... :)

I'm holding off as long as possible for a proper 4K set for the sitting room, next year I'll upgrade that...

Fieldog wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what Bungie do with it... :)

I'm holding off as long as possible for a proper 4K set for the sitting room, next year I'll upgrade that...

This is what I'm thinking. Bungo will try to optimise the game in such a way as to get the most it can from the Pro while also pushing the OG4 as much as they can. The game will be on a new engine I believe as the current one on D1 is pretty tough to work with.

I've 2 1080p's in the cave, dual monitor set for the PC or 1+1 with the 4. When the 4k's drop in price I'll get one and go for a dual + 1. :cool:. (I've a very understanding wife)

I'm playing on a 32" Phillips TV from about 8 years ago. Stay in your lane

But i believe your speakers are broke :pac:

ah no I had voice turned off on my stream last night, i just had it like that the other day when ghost hunting so didnt enable them again :D

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    But i believe your speakers are broke :pac:

ah no I had voice turned off on my stream last night, i just had it like that the other day when ghost hunting so didnt enable them again :D

That was on my laptop, thought I'd kills some time while I waited for the patch to DL/Install which took Ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

10 year old 32" panasonic telly for me.

complete tangent..... I want a new Split/Second game. that game was great fun! might fire it up on the PS3 over the weekend. Had great fun playing that with mates when it came out.

complete tangent..... I want a new Split/Second game. that game was great fun! might fire it up on the PS3 over the weekend. Had great fun playing that with mates when it came out.

I like games with Car Combat. Loved NFS Most Wanted with the Criterion Engine. So satisfying

I like games with Car Combat. Loved NFS Most Wanted with the Criterion Engine. So satisfying

Burnout Paradise has hit Xbox One on backwards comparability.

I remember Blur coming out about the same time as Split/Second - a realistic(ish) car combat game - was a much bigger fan of Split/Second.

Just after watching a HD vid of it on youtube, still looks like great fun.

I have BLUR on the 360, came with it, never played it

Anyone remember Interstate 76?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This is what I'm thinking. Bungo will try to optimise the game in such a way as to get the most it can from the Pro while also pushing the OG4 as much as they can. The game will be on a new engine I believe as the current one on D1 is pretty tough to work with.

I've 2 1080p's in the cave, dual monitor set for the PC or 1+1 with the 4. When the 4k's drop in price I'll get one and go for a dual + 1. :cool:. (I've a very understanding wife)

If you have a PC do you think you will go PC for D2 or are you going to stick it out with the PlayStation?

I know the exclusive stuff will be on PS4 so I'll stick with that for now...

That deal is up in 2 years so you never know, Bungie could crawl back to MS if the Scorpio takes off...

Or piss all the console gamers off and go PC exclusive for DLC, pitchforks at the ready if so... :)

Ah I'll be sticking with console. We've built a bit of a community here and thats the bigger draw for me than 8K 4D graphics enhanced with quantum entangled physics engine's on PC.

• Advertisement

Ah I'll be sticking with console. We've built a bit of a community here and thats the bigger draw for me than 8K 4D graphics enhanced with quantum entangled physics engine's on PC.

Exactly my opinion. I don't have the PC choice (my laptop wouldn't be top end gaming spec or anywhere close) but I could go to Xbox - i may even buy a scorpio - but there was no hesitation in pre-booking on ps4. Destiny ain't the same without the sh1ttalk from the lads!

Advertisement