Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Darkest Dungeon seems to be affecting my language in real life. I've used aforementioned, hyberbolic and obtuse in sentences this week. My speech is not normally so flowery. My boss had to google obtuse.

Did you have to google it too?

2qj94dv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

honestly yes but only to ensure my intended insult was hitting the mark

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,247 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Reminds me of a scene from The Shawshank Redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Darkest Dungeon seems to be affecting my language in real life. I've used aforementioned, hyberbolic and obtuse in sentences this week. My speech is not normally so flowery. My boss had to google obtuse.

This is fantastic! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Will I be seeing all you Dubliners in Portlaoise in 2 weeks?

• Advertisement

Messing round on Black Ops 1 over the weekend and watching some of my old games. God I loved search and destroy. One match 4-5 down and I made what only could have been an alcohol fuelled decision to change to a sniper, I'm a lousy sniper. Enemy tried to flank us and I killed 5 of them next round. Furious they launched a bitter attack against my position the following round and I killed them all including a 1v1 clutch with a pistol.
    Good times.
    May try the s&d mode when Destiny 2 comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

That flippin Aksis challenge... Still haven't got it done.

I'm still there myself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Same, still haven't been able to do the 390 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'm still there myself. :(
    Same, still haven't been able to do the 390 version.

If ye want to try this evening, I can help out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Happy to help also.
    One more and we have a team? Any volunteers with experience of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nocal wrote: »
    Happy to help also.

I'm in for helping tonight.

nocal wrote: »
    Happy to help also.

Great, doubt Conovar would be up for it again tonight. Yakuza and Iceninja don't have enough experience, might be able to take down Aksis but a long way from challenge mode.

Start around 9 seeing as Knave is usually on later?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Great, doubt Conovar would be up for it again tonight. Yakuza and Iceninja don't have enough experience, might be able to take down Aksis but a long way from challenge mode.

Unless the wife goes to bed early I won't be on tonight. Gonna veg infront of the TV with her once I get home. I would say the earliest I would be on, if on at all, will be 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nevelator wrote:
    If ye want to try this evening, I can help out?

nocal wrote:
    Happy to help also. One more and we have a team? Any volunteers with experience of it?

dudeeile wrote:
    I'm in for helping tonight.

I'll post inspirational quotes in Dude's chat to keep morale up!

The jump in difficulty in Darkest Dungeon from level 3 to 5 can be quite steep. It's not difficult per se but generally I'll be cruising along and out of no where have a battle that goes
    Me: Dodge....Dodge.....Dodge.....Dodge
    Them: Critical A devastating Blow...Critical Mortality clarified in a single strike....Critical...Madness....our old friend
    so fn annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The jump in difficulty in Darkest Dungeon from level 3 to 5 can be quite steep. It's not difficult per se but generally I'll be cruising along and out of no where have a battle that goes
    Me: Dodge....Dodge.....Dodge.....Dodge
    Them: Critical A devastating Blow...Critical Mortality clarified in a single strike....Critical...Madness....our old friend
    so fn annoying

It all goes to **** so quickly sometimes

Those 2 Deaths when I was streaming against the Flesh.... Jesus.... I had to go off Mic in a Rage for like 10 minutes. So much for the "No Deaths Run". The lads from the Clan watching missed out on a mighty fine time to Schadenfreude by like 15 minutes :D

Came back with 2 dead and
    "The Shrieker has Stolen 8 of your Trinkets".... then some random in the Twitch chat pipes up with "Go do the Shrieker", the b@st@rd! Silently watching and enjoying my misery until that point

Cheers for the help with WotM the other night, did ye manage to get Knave through the Challenge mode?

I've had a lot of very early mornings recently, so had to bail at midnight...

Posting on topic stuff in the off topic thread? Next thing we'll be posting darkest dungeon stuff in the PSN chat and there'll be uproar!

• Advertisement

Cheers for the help with WotM the other night, did ye manage to get Knave through the Challenge mode?

I've had a lot of very early mornings recently, so had to bail at midnight...

Nope. :(
    After you left there was no-one else online really. I didn't want to be holding everyone on for longer than was required, and everyone had been running it since 10. I wasn't in a real rush to get it done, I can wait 4 weeks. Plus, I'm not chasing the T-Shirt from the book so, :cool:.
    Posting on topic stuff in the off topic thread? Next thing we'll be posting darkest dungeon stuff in the PSN chat and there'll be uproar!

I believe this has been done in many a thread already.

It was one Post!

What about all the Battlefield 1 sh!t posting that goes on in all the chats eh? Do ye not have a dedicated chat? :P

Nope. :(
    After you left there was no-one else online really. I didn't want to be holding everyone on for longer than was required, and everyone had been running it since 10. I wasn't in a real rush to get it done, I can wait 4 weeks. Plus, I'm not chasing the T-Shirt from the book so, :cool:.

I believe this has been done in many a thread already.

You only need the completion for the book, not the challenge, so I was happy enough.

It was one Post!

What about all the Battlefield 1 sh!t posting that goes on in all the chats eh? Do ye not have a dedicated chat? :P

No backseat modding, this isn't a Reddit!!!

You only need the completion for the book, not the challenge, so I was happy enough.

The challenge is required for a separate entry, doesn't have to be done on the 390LL version though.

Yo, just saw that...

The challenge is required for a separate entry, doesn't have to be done on the 390LL version though.

True on both, but I also need both for the book, so 2 birds 1 stone sort of thing

Who is Faegwent? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Think I might change my internet this week from eir to virgin. Currently on 24mb/d, .6mb/u so I would make a jump to 300mb/d , 37mb/u just been sick of redbarring in destiny lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Who is Faegwent? :/

Bot of some sort.

Advertisement