Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads if you havent seen it already go and see deadpool its brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I watched Interstellar for the 1st time over the weekend (after all the GW talk) and it was amazing. Bit miffed that I missed it in the cinema as I'd say it looked awesome. Really like Matt McConaghy (sp) he's certainly beefed things up after the cowboy role he did.

If yiz haven't seen it its well worth your time, a few wanky bits but overall brilliant.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, the ending was a bit weak. It still left me (honestly) open mouthed in a bit of shock but overall the last episode didn't feel like a season finale, more a mid season break.

10 months to the next series.

You're not too far off with it feeling like a mid season break as it's only the mid point of the first book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Has anyone checked out 112363 yet? I read the book and loved it. First Stephen King book in donkey's years that I enjoyed. Hope show lives up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    Has anyone checked out 112363 yet? I read the book and loved it. First Stephen King book in donkey's years that I enjoyed. Hope show lives up.

Will probably watch it with herself over the next week or so - being released weekly so I'm in no great rush to get started on it. Want to watch The People vs OJ Simpson which started last night, and The Night Manager which starts on Sunday as well.

So 3 new shows to add to the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You're not too far off with it feeling like a mid season break as it's only the mid point of the first book.

That kinda gives me a good feeling that season 2 will "kick off" right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Will probably watch it with herself over the next week or so - being released weekly so I'm in no great rush to get started on it. Want to watch The People vs OJ Simpson which started last night, and The Night Manager which starts on Sunday as well.

So 3 new shows to add to the list!

Watched a bit of this last night as I was obsessed with the court case when it was on. To describe the show as beyond awful would do a disservice to the term beyond awful. It's only saving grace is the subject matter is interesting.
    He did it but gets away with murder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PlainP wrote: »
    I watched Interstellar for the 1st time over the weekend (after all the GW talk) and it was amazing. Bit miffed that I missed it in the cinema as I'd say it looked awesome. Really like Matt McConaghy (sp) he's certainly beefed things up after the cowboy role he did.

If yiz haven't seen it its well worth your time, a few wanky bits but overall brilliant.

The Matt Damon cameo was a master stroke (had to be careful with autocorrect there).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anyone see the trailer to the new Warcraft movie? It looks like it could be good :D

The Matt Damon cameo was a master stroke (had to be careful with autocorrect there).

Thought he was ok in this. He was in that other space one with Jody Foster as well (which i fell asleep watching) and I haven't seen the Martian either so might give this a go next.

I don't really rate the Bourne films. I'm mean they're good for what they are but they just seem a bit meh to me. I could take them or leave them.

• Advertisement

I really rate the Bourne films. I'm mean they're very, very good. I could never leave them.

I corrected a few typos. Hope you don't mind.

Lol.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I don't really rate the Bourne films. I'm mean they're good for what they are but they just seem a bit meh to me. I could take them or leave them.

Bashing on the Bourne films, and with the new one coming out soon, is bordering on sacrelege. The only one you can bash is the Jeremy Renner one, and that's only because Bourne isn't in it. It was still a good movie.

Bashing on the Bourne films, and with the new one coming out soon, is bordering on sacrelege. The only one you can bash is the Jeremy Renner one, and that's only because Bourne isn't in it. It was still a good movie.

Bashing is a very strong word. I thought they were meh, that's all. :P

I'll have to start watching the latest TWD. Is it any good this season? Is it worth the bandwidth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bashing is a very strong word. I thought they were meh, that's all. :P

I'll have to start watching the latest TWD. Is it any good this season? Is it worth the bandwidth.....

I'm going to let about 3 or 4 episodes build up before watching it. Found the last few seasons a bit of a drag pacing wise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Not really. The usual crap where the entire episode except the last 2 minutes is filler for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I wait until the season is over or almost and then start watching, breaking bad was the exception. I can't be dealing with this weekly episode malarkey.

Just finished season 2 of house of cards, well worth a watch. I used to look forward to house of lies but haven't watched the last season at all. Mighty laughs at that show for season 1 & 2 anyways, I'll be starting season 3 next week. Oh and Archer, god I missed this, have a whole season to check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    Just finished season 2 of house of cards, well worth a watch. I used to look forward to house of lies but haven't watched the last season at all. Mighty laughs at that show for season 1 & 2 anyways, I'll be starting season 3 next week. Oh and Archer, god I missed this, have a whole season to check out.

House Of Cards is fantastic. Archer completely lost the plot, sooooo not funny anymore, I gave up on it.

I'll leave TWD for another while so. Still have to watch the Making a Murderer series so maybe that'll be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

@ Cormac - I have a Bluray of John Wick, wasn't a fan and I wanted to love it!

You are welcome to it if you want it... :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    @ Cormac - I have a Bluray of John Wick, wasn't a fan and I wanted to love it!

You are welcome to it if you want it... :)

Well I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth :)

Sound man!

House of Cards has overstayed its welcome. The original was only 3 seasons and far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    House Of Cards is fantastic. Archer completely lost the plot, sooooo not funny anymore, I gave up on it.

I've done Archer to S4 and so far so good, really hope it keeps me entertained.
    House of Cards has overstayed its welcome. The original was only 3 seasons and far superior.

I'm watching S3 now, 1 and 2 were awesome but I get what you mean by stuff dragging on. I'll finish out 3 and then make a decision on whether to carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Finally managed to get to the cinema to see Star Wars.
    Was supposed to be working late, with some fairly stressful meetings up until about 6:30, but I skived off instead and went to the cinema :pac:

Great movie, thinking about it now, I think it could be the best Star Wars movie.

Finally managed to get to the cinema to see Star Wars.
    Was supposed to be working late, with some fairly stressful meetings up until about 6:30, but I skived off instead and went to the cinema :pac:

Great movie, thinking about it now, I think it could be the best Star Wars movie.

It really is a great movie.

I especially liked the bit where
    things happen on the planet
    and also
    all the stuff that happens in space
    and
    Captain Phasma looks so shiney
    . ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

It really is a great movie.

I especially liked the bit where
    things happen on the planet
    and also
    all the stuff that happens in space
    and
    Captain Phasma looks so shiney
    . ;):D

Lotta spoilers in that moview too I was delighted when:
    nobody spoiled the ending for me!

There's a few lads in work who are notorious for that, saying they saw a great movie at the weekend and just blurting out the ending to it.

Playing Grim Fandango there last night, how in gods name did anyone figure out how to play these Lucas Arts games before the internet :pac:

I mean, I finished The Curse of Monkey Island back in the day on normal mode. I don't know how I did it.

I can see myself googling my way through the whole thing, my creative thinking isn't what it was 20 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I know. I can't be lost for 2 minutes in something like Borderlands without going online to find out what I need to do next. Years ago I was playing Final Fantasy 7 & put it away for a while. When I came back I was wandering around the map for a week before I found out where I needed to go.

Have yet to give Grim a go, but by god those where days. Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Full Throttle. Excellent games with some great humour thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anyone watching TWD? This weeks episode was tame enough with some good parts but it looks to be shaping up to something big for the finale :)

Advertisement