Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Who is Faegwent? :/

Dudeeile's stalker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

For anyone streaming and using Revlobot, its going to be taken offline in 3 weeks time so you may want to export your points system and get a new bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    For anyone streaming and using Revlobot, its going to be taken offline in 3 weeks time so you may want to export your points system and get a new bot.

Yup. Seen that. But which Bot is Best :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dudeeile will be the best bet to answer that. He found a few more recently that were good.

I think he mentioned this before: http://www.ankhbot.com/

I was just getting attached to it, nearly had enough points to treat myself to a reward :o

• Advertisement

I was just getting attached to it, nearly had enough points to treat myself to a reward :o

You can keep all your points when you transfer out, revlobot will allow you download your leaderboard into a csv file.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my spicy salad is like eating a bowl of fire
    jesus what they put in this thing?

Is that a euphemism?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    my spicy salad is like eating a bowl of fire
    jesus what they put in this thing?

Why are you eating a salad..... it would want to be at least a wine salad......

I used to eat said spicy salad regularly when hungover but don't remember it being this hot. My eyes were burning that can't be right!

• Advertisement

You're a strange man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

StreamElements has a good few features

https://streamelements.com/

Just put it on my channel the other day. Haven't really played around with yet but it lets you import points etc from other providers like Revlo

There's 'modules' you can add for raffles, gambling, song requests etc.

song requests etc.

> Smoke on the Water
    > You have selected "Scuzz in the Background"
    > I said Smoke on the Water!!!
    > Now playing Scuzz "Machinehead - Locust". Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was watching a stream of Friday the 13th last night - the Destiny Community Podcast members were playing it, looked great craic.

Looked it up on PSN and its looking expensive for the experience - i'd love to get it to play with the regular crew on here, but near €40 seems a bit steep for that. Looks like it is digital download only too.

Yeah seen some positive comments about it not sure though. Saw one guy talking about a dude who hid under a bed for seven minutes. Doesn't seem like fun to me but I haven't tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah seen some positive comments about it not sure though. Saw one guy talking about a dude who hid under a bed for seven minutes. Doesn't seem like fun to me but I haven't tried it.

I don't think you can win doing that though - you need to puts cars or boats back together, or contact the police or do a pile of stuff that ends with Tommy coming in with a shotgun.

Seeming there are a lot of server and connection problems.

Game also looks quite poor graphically - but it sure looked like awesome fun watching it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Used to spend ages under the bed myself.............to get away from the mother and her wooden spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Few of us were talking about that Friday 13th game last night. Be good craic playing it with others alright.

36.99 isn't bad really considering that a single player campaign is being bundled on at a later date

Few of us were talking about that Friday 13th game last night. Be good craic playing it with others alright.

36.99 isn't bad really considering that a single player campaign is being bundled on at a later date

Totz, as much as I want to play this I read a few articles last night after we were chatting and I am going to hold of for another 2 weeks before picking it up at least.

Whats the incentive to shell out €37 now instead of waiting?

• Advertisement

You'd wonder about the longevity in a game like this. By the time you buy it for €5 you may find yourself running round an empty forest (in game).

I get ya. You miss the hype-boat

yup it's not like Destiny where you have the same delinquents hanging round the Tower three years after release

Yeah but if it doesnt last too long then its still 40 euro down the swanny tbf.

yup it's not like Destiny where you have the same delinquents hanging round the Tower three years after release

It only appears like I hang around the tower :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Friday the 13th is brand new, plenty of bugs and issues, not the best graphically but still causing uncontrollable laughter from players I've watched on twitch.

€37 is not cheap but if you want in now then break that cost down over expected playtime to see if it's value for you. I haven't bought a game on release day since Destiny, I was looking forward to picking up Zero Dawn but this is now going to be my next purchase.

It's not going to be a laster by the look of things so waiting off for it to drop in price is not for me, see some of y'all at Crystal Lake.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Friday the 13th is brand new, plenty of bugs and issues, not the best graphically but still causing uncontrollable laughter from players I've watched on twitch.

€37 is not cheap but if you want in now then break that cost down over expected playtime to see if it's value for you. I haven't bought a game on release day since Destiny, I was looking forward to picking up Zero Dawn but this is now going to be my next purchase.

It's not going to be a laster by the look of things so waiting off for it to drop in price is not for me, see some of y'all at Crystal Lake.

Well i'm not holding out too long but I will hold out for another couple of weeks to see how it pans out :)

In other news sure you don't have to buy Zero Dawn, it will only cost ya a bit of Chilli :P

HZD will still be good a year from now. Y'er better off jumping on Friday 13th now instead imo.
    Killing Floor 2 on the PS Plus next month looks like it has good co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Re all the Friday 13th chatter and stuff, I've one word for you all to consider: EVOLVE.

While it might have been a decent game in it's own right, did it do enough to show the 4/5 V 1 formula as a viable, long lasting genre?

I will admit it LOOKS like it'd be a laugh with a few from here, and I've watched a few MrFruit streams and they all end up pissing themselves, but I'm not sure about the longevity of it.

• Advertisement

Re all the Friday 13th chatter and stuff, I've one word for you all to consider: EVOLVE.

While it might have been a decent game in it's own right, did it do enough to show the 4/5 V 1 formula as a viable, long lasting genre?

I will admit it LOOKS like it'd be a laugh with a few from here, and I've watched a few MrFruit streams and they all end up pissing themselves, but I'm not sure about the longevity of it.

Thats the main reason a lot are jumping on it now so that there is a good player base to have a laugh with before it goes stale.

Advertisement