Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sounds like it's just no restrictions PvP for a limited period of time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah I seen it on IGN the other day and mentioned it to Totz and Dude in chat. Its not the worst game in the world in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No the worst game in the world is Metal Gear Solid 3 but don't tell the lads in the Kill your babies PS2 edition, they'll get antsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah I seen it on IGN the other day and mentioned it to Totz and Dude in chat. Its not the worst game in the world in fairness.

I still get a laugh out of the fact that there's an ultra rare medal available for starting a pvp match as a group of 4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    No the worst game in the world is Metal Gear Solid 3 but don't tell the lads in the Kill your babies PS2 edition, they'll get antsy.

After MGS1 I couldn't stand any of the follow ups. Its personal preference at the end of the day.

I don't rate the MGS series. If you didn't grow up fawning over it it looks like the most overhyped, overrated sh!t€ ever

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Loved MGS1, liked MGS2, never got in to the rest at all.

an MGS1 demo came with ISS Pro 98 - great times.

I don't rate the MGS series. If you didn't grow up fawning over it it looks like the most overhyped, overrated sh!t€ ever

I loved the first one tho, but after that its just a re-skin of the same crap really to me. I don't see why all the love for it in fairness. Plenty of games on that list got canned that I would rate far higher than MGS2 but I wouldnt turn around and tell anyone to reevaluate their life because of their preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You know you're in your 30s if
    an MGS1 demo came with ISS Pro 98

Oh and Gwent is the worst game in the world.

Or maybe Halo.

• Advertisement

Oh and Gwent is the worst game in the world.

Don't tell Totz that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Don't tell Totz that :pac:

Already did in his stream.

Already did in his stream.

He doesnt read his stream comments :pac:

I mean Gwent isn't the best of games but I like the change of pace from others I play. Very fast matchmaking and nice short rounds. Plus it's free so there's that

I mean Gwent isn't the best of games but I like the change of pace from others I play. Very fast matchmaking and nice short rounds. Plus it's free so there's that

Cant beat free stuff :D

I'm starting to make coquettish eyes towards 4K tvs now

Me too. I'm going to get one and a Pro for D2.

Me too. I'm going to get one and a Pro for D2.

Me too

anchorman.jpg

I have a 4K TV but it isn't HDR - so now i've to try work out justification to trash upgrade again...

see this is my problem, people start using terms like HDR and such and I just shut down. Just tell me what make and model I need to get and point me in the direction. There's a thread somewhere on boards I need to review it.just.feels.like.so.much.work.

• Advertisement

Gims you need HDR but if I remember rightly then it has to be HDR 10 (No idea what it is) for true 4K.

There was a 4k Heinsenne in Bargain alerts that everyone raved about a couple of months ago and its still cheap enough.

The input lag on some of those TVs is abysmal. Also not all of them support HDR-10 in game mode, just for movies etc

why can't Sony just come out with one and market it as "This wurks gud with the Pro" slap and exorbitant price on it and I'll buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looking to pick up a 4k tv around the time Destiny 2 comes out or atleast around the time of the Scorpio release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I have a 4K TV but it isn't HDR - so now i've to try work out justification to trash upgrade again...

Knock the TV over. Blame the dog. If you don't have a dog, say one broke in and did it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The input lag on some of those TVs is abysmal. Also not all of them support HDR-10 in game mode, just for movies etc

2017 models should have hdr game mode, but its something people should still check. I know a lot of 2016 models didn't have it, but a few got it added in an update. I know my LG tv got a HDR game mode update earlier this year.

why can't Sony just come out with one and market it as "This wurks gud with the Pro" slap and exorbitant price on it and I'll buy it?

The more I think about this, the more I think it's a brilliant idea.
    And ironically it might be actually cheaper than other TVs as a lot of the nonsense could be cut out.
    Have it be essentially a 38"-46" monitor

I reckon there's two types of people who buy tvs. Those who know exactly the specs/applications they want and the remaining 99.5% of the people looking for a tv.
    Saw some ad yesterday for some new LVED (?) system "the new advance in tv technology" Just felt like crying.

The more I think about this, the more I think it's a brilliant idea.
    And ironically it might be actually cheaper than other TVs as a lot of the nonsense could be cut out.
    Have it be essentially a 38"-46" monitor

aren't 4k monitors more expensive than TVs, as they are set for much more latency etc in comparison to a TV.

• Advertisement

aren't 4k monitors more expensive than TVs, as they are set for much more latency etc in comparison to a TV.

But with better Data Packets.... and the Frames... HDR12....

Advertisement