Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm starting to make coquettish eyes towards 4K tvs now
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Me too. I'm going to get one and a Pro for D2.
    Me too

;)
    I'm playing on a 32" Phillips TV from about 8 years ago. Stay in your lane

101.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Met with a consultant yesterday who plans on taking my tonsils out. Have to speak with him next week to sort a date that works around his slots and my work schedule. I'm thinking arriving home to recover just around September 8th would be good. Couch, jelly and ice cream, job!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

;)

101.gif

If you swap the order of those quotes it paints a wonderful story that makes perfect sense

Why do they keep breaking the PS Messages App.... like... why? The updates add nothing and they just f**k it up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have a sneaking suspicion they do it just to update their terms and conditions.
    Here's an update, you must agree to our terms and conditions to continue playing destiny and then they slip in something in the t&cs like "All your money goes to Sony when you die"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Just finished tales from the borderlands and have a borderlands type itch now. Is it worth getting The Handsome Jack collection at this stage? Is anyone still playing it and is it any good as mostly single player game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    Just finished tales from the borderlands and have a borderlands type itch now. Is it worth getting The Handsome Jack collection at this stage? Is anyone still playing it and is it any good as mostly single player game?

Yes go and buy it, great fun on your first play Solo. There will be 3 play throughs total for you to complete the game so once you get through the first one we can all jump on for a few co-op sittings. Will i add you into the chat?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yes go and buy it, great fun on your first play Solo. There will be 3 play throughs total for you to complete the game so once you get through the first one we can all jump on for a few co-op sittings. Will i add you into the chat?

I'd argue 2 playthroughs would be sufficient tbh, but yeah, 2.5 -> 3 if you wanted to 100% it and do every single mission and get trophies etc

It's easily in my top 20 games of all time, maybe even Top 10. But a lot of that has to do with the company you keep.

I had like 3 (maybe 4?) playthroughs up to level 50 (ish)
    One with Conovar and n0Cal and Jonny
    Another with Totz and Solvable and Dudeeile (?)
    And another with my Fiancee and Gimli and Dudeeile (?)

You can easily solo the 1st playthrough in a few sittings Solo (caps out at ~lvl30), so even if you didn't want to give the New Game Plus mode a go, you'd get your moneys worth.

If you did get to like lvl15 or lvl30 or whatever and wanted to group up, I'd be game for it. Basically set up a session once a week (or 10 days) and have the group log on. It's the ideal game to play if you're burned out on Destiny imho. And can be a lot of fun and is very forgiving (except for a few optional end-game bosses)

Many of us have like 6 characters and they could be levels 12, 18, 29, etc etc so once we're all around the same, we can hop in and hop out. Fwiw, you hit level ~16 in like ~6 hours iirc. There's 21 of us in the chat (including some randoms, might "refresh" the chat actually if people are gonna start using it again), and it's only been dead really cause of people playing other games. Doesn't take much to get a 4player co-op session going again

Just don't get Power Levelled on your 1st playthrough, totally ruins the fun of the game the 1st time imho.

Given the price of the Handsome Collection, how good the game is and how much content is in the bundle, you'd be stupid not to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Given the price of the Handsome Collection, how good the game is and how much content is in the bundle, you'd be stupid not to buy it.

Cheers lads. You can add me to the chat Jonny, I'll be getting it over the weekend.

I'll set up a new BL2 chat. If people want to be added to it, they know where to find us. I'll post a screenshot of my characters later.

Actually, Nev, don't buy it yet. I may have 2 copies and I'll PM you

• Advertisement

JCD was in one of those playthroughs also, somewhere, understandably forgettable though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

JCD was in one of those playthroughs also, somewhere, understandably forgettable though

He was in with me on the odd occassion when you and your missus couldnt get the 4 going :P

Also Nev if you need to boost your alt chars I will help you with that, I can boost you in minutes :P

Why are you setting up a new chat for bl2 generic? The other one is still there sure.

I had like 3 (maybe 4?) playthroughs up to level 50 (ish)
    One with Conovar and n0Cal and Jonny
    Another with Totz and Solvable and Dudeeile (?)
    And another with my Fiancee and Gimli and Dudeeile (?)

From memory you done upto 70 with cal/convar and me :P
    I think they were a mismash of runs with various of us dropping in and out of the different sessions at points in fairness but the main point is all of us played it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's still 59.99 on the PS Store. It was cheaper than that last year wasn't it?

€15.99 in Argos atm which is great value

Why are you setting up a new chat for bl2 generic? The other one is still there sure.

Random Inactives annoy me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What the f**king f**k is going on the PS Messages app these days. F**k

mine has been broken for months now, if i get a friend request it wont show in the app and if I go looking gor it the app crashes. Also if i got to the friends list I can only see the online list as everything else crashed the app.

It's still 59.99 on the PS Store. It was cheaper than that last year wasn't it?

€15.99 in Argos atm which is great value

Was only 10.99 in one of the sales there recently. It pops up on the store for 15.99 every couple of weeks at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My app is cooperating well these days. Used be the case I'd open it to read new messages and be brought back to my last post in the chat, and have to scroll to the most recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

God help me but the six minute clip I saw of the new COD MP looked great. Must.....resist....the evil....

• Advertisement

Finally got my Dualshock 4 working with my PC last night.
    Had been trying with a combination of that and my X-Box 360 controllers for a few days to no success.
    Only realised last night I'd never plugged the PS4 out, so everytime I'd been trying to connect the DS4 to the PC it was powering on and connecting to the PS4 downstairs :o
    And I'd even drove a good 30km and paid €10 for one of those yokes that lets your X-box 360 Wireless controllers connect wirelessly to the PC (which was a heap of rubbish and didn't work anyway)
    God help me I do some stupid sh!t

Got me some new Kontrol Freeks though (the Purple Galaxy ones) which is nice as my Black Ops3 ones were all worn away.

Finally got my Dualshock 4 working with my PC last night.
    Had been trying with a combination of that and my X-Box 360 controllers for a few days to no success.
    Only realised last night I'd never plugged the PS4 out, so everytime I'd been trying to connect the DS4 to the PC it was powering on and connecting to the PS4 downstairs :o
    And I'd even drove a good 30km and paid €10 for one of those yokes that lets your X-box 360 Wireless controllers connect wirelessly to the PC (which was a heap of rubbish and didn't work anyway)
    God help me I do some stupid sh!t

Got me some new Kontrol Freeks though (the Purple Galaxy ones) which is nice as my Black Ops3 ones were all worn away.

360 pad on the PC is brilliant in fairness. I have a wired one I use the whole time. Also for your DS4 I started by wiring mine to PC and it was a mess but I'll set it up again soon enough.

I own 3 X-Box 360 Pads, all of them are wireless

I got a yoke like this thingy but it's just not working :rolleyes:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKORD-Wireless-Receiver-Windows-Controller/dp/B00ECEMS7I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497435387&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+360+wireless+receiver

So Dual Shock 4 it is!

I own 3 X-Box 360 Pads, all of them are wireless

I got a yoke like this thingy but it's just not working :rolleyes:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKORD-Wireless-Receiver-Windows-Controller/dp/B00ECEMS7I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497435387&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+360+wireless+receiver

So Dual Shock 4 it is!

I would stick with the official one tbh for the 360 pad man. Never had an issue with that before. Also if you have a play and charge kit I think that works the controller as wired.

I normally always would get the official yoke, but I saw this yoke on Adverts nearby and rolled a dice on it and failed
    Also if you have a play and charge kit I think that works the controller as wired.

Nope, it simply provides power the signal of the controller is still sent over wirelessly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Popped up on Facebook this morning. Can't access through work machine as they've blocked it because "Games".

419915.PNG

Darkest Dungeon - €11.59

And the DLC arrives in 4 days and looks awesome and includes a new Hero who gets his jollies off whipping himself!

(poor Leper below :()

DB5rYoRUMAAGcfo.jpg

And the DLC arrives in 4 days and looks awesome and includes a new Hero who gets his jollies off whipping himself!

(poor Leper below :()

DB5rYoRUMAAGcfo.jpg

So they put you into the game? :eek: :p

Jonny, why on gods earth would you quote an image that size? (even I tried to resize the original and failed miserably)

Gonna do the 2nd "Lighting the Way" Darkest Dungeon (end game run) later after this evening if anyone cares to tune in I'll put in on Twitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Jonny, why on gods earth would you quote an image that size? (even I tried to resize the original and failed miserably)

Gonna do the 2nd "Lighting the Way" Darkest Dungeon (end game run) later after this evening if anyone cares to tune in I'll put in on Twitch

*prepares snarky comments*

Advertisement