Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Jonny, why on gods earth would you quote an image that size? (even I tried to resize the original and failed miserably)

Just to trigger people, thats all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Killing Floor 2 (which came free with PS Plus this month) is actually pretty decent. It's essentially COD Zombies mode but 6 player and has some RPG-lite elements. Worth having a few goes off anyway imho. Download is about 15GB and it's good fun in a group. Played it in a team of 3 for a few hours and had a blast :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Killing Floor 2 (which came free with PS Plus this month) is actually pretty decent. It's essentially COD Zombies mode but 6 player and has some RPG-lite elements. Worth having a few goes off anyway imho. Download is about 15GB and it's good fun in a group. Played it in a team of 3 for a few hours and had a blast :)

Yeah im going to download it later. I was trying to get dude and totz to do the same too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

jonnycivic wrote:
    Yeah im going to download it later. I was trying to get dude and totz to do the same too

Oh yeah dude and totz only...... Well **** you so I have better things to do anyway.

*Sobs silently in the corner

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Oh yeah dude and totz only...... Well **** you so I have better things to do anyway.

*Sobs silently in the corner

You werent on when i was telling them to give it a bash for Co-Op :P But come here ill hug your tears away hunzo :*

• Advertisement

You're not gonna get months worth of play out of it. I think lvl25 is the Cap and I was level 8 after playing maybe 7 rounds. I was "Maining" the Demolotions guy

You're not gonna get months worth of play out of it. I think lvl25 is the Cap and I was level 8 after playing maybe 7 rounds. I was "Maining" the Demolotions guy

For free i don't expect months of play tho :P

jonnycivic wrote:
    You werent on when i was telling them to give it a bash for Co-Op But come here ill hug your tears away hunzo :*

That comment genuinely sent a shiver down my spine

That comment genuinely sent a shiver down my spine

53368971.jpg

Looks like the Platnium headset has dropped in price to £99 (I paid £133 for mine at launch) for anyone with excess money who prefers to stay wireless

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headsets-Earphones/Sony-9812753-PlayStation-4-Platinum-Wireless/B01LVU8NQL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497873367&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+platinum+headset

• Advertisement

Looks like the Platnium headset has dropped in price to £99 (I paid £133 for mine at launch) for anyone with excess money who prefers to stay wireless

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headsets-Earphones/Sony-9812753-PlayStation-4-Platinum-Wireless/B01LVU8NQL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497873367&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+platinum+headset

You mean that fancy headset I still havent seen you wear :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    You mean that fancy headset I still havent seen you wear :P

One of the speakers blew and it's back with Sony for a repair/replace atm. Would be using it otherwise. These things happen though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So started a new character on Borderlands 2 on my new PS Pro. Mechromancer, seems pretty good although I don't know what to spec into. Hopefully Nocal sees this otherwise I'm going have to trawl through youtube :)

When I loaded BL 2 up first on my new PS Pro none of my characters had transferred over. There I was level 0 with My First Gun being the only mission available. Thought I had to transfer data from the old PS which was beyond my capabilities. Fortunately the cloud saves came to my rescue. BL 2 and Battlefield 1 transferred over in seconds, Destiny took three frigging hours, thank you digital DLC.

Finally, getting the right 4K HDR TV for my new PS Pro is turning into a truly painful process.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    So started a new character on Borderlands 2 on my new PS Pro. Mechromancer, seems pretty good although I don't know what to spec into. Hopefully Nocal sees this otherwise I'm going have to trawl through youtube :)

When I loaded BL 2 up first on my new PS Pro none of my characters had transferred over. There I was level 0 with My First Gun being the only mission available. Thought I had to transfer data from the old PS which was beyond my capabilities. Fortunately the cloud saves came to my rescue. BL 2 and Battlefield 1 transferred over in seconds, Destiny took three frigging hours, thank you digital DLC.

Finally, getting the right 4K HDR TV for my new PS Pro is turning into a truly painful process.

Thinly veiled "I have a PS Pro post" :P

jonnycivic wrote:
    Thinly veiled "I have a PS Pro post"

About as thinly veiled as Derek Davis in a bikini

About as thinly veiled as Derek Davis in a bikini

Banned for making me think of such a thing....... :mad:

Subtlety is not my strong point. Had to google it just to spell it.

Subtlety is not my strong point. Had to google it just to spell it.

Gim's how much have you to spend on a 4K tv and I will get you the list today :P

Gim's how much have you to spend on a 4K tv and I will get you the list today :P

I'm getting a grand off work so that expands the budget a bit. Not too pushed on price but I don't want to spend 8k on some monstrosity that's going to take up the whole room. I think about 50" is probably as big as I want it to be. *insert hilarious meme here*

Was chatting with Cal over the weekend and he's researching too. At this point I'm just going to roll the dice. As with subtlety, patience is not an attribute I'm blessed with.

I'm getting a grand off work so that expands the budget a bit. Not too pushed on price but I don't want to spend 8k on some monstrosity that's going to take up the whole room. I think about 50" is probably as big as I want it to be. *insert hilarious meme here*

Was chatting with Cal over the weekend and he's researching too. At this point I'm just going to roll the dice. As with subtlety, patience is not an attribute I'm blessed with.

Well hold off and I will have you a tv by the end of today :P

• Advertisement

Well hold off and I will have you a tv by the end of today :P

It's so utterly confusing. One poster suggested the Samsung KS8000 which is what I had decided to get but then realised the KS8000 here is really the KS7000, which is one I'd heard had real bad latency in HDR. Now I don't know if the ks7000 is the one I should get or avoid.

It's so utterly confusing. One poster suggested the Samsung KS8000 which is what I had decided to get but then realised the KS8000 here is really the KS7000, which is one I'd heard had real bad latency in HDR. Now I don't know if the ks7000 is the one I should get or avoid.

no the KS8000 here is actually a low end KS9000 :P so now your really confused :P

Just purchased seasons 1-3 of Z-nation based on your comments in the other thread. I'm too impulsive,

Just purchased seasons 1-3 of Z-nation based on your comments in the other thread. I'm too impulsive,

Gims, the final episode of season 1 has a moment in it that had me in stitches for hours :D
    If your into your zombie stuff its actually a decent watch :)

gimli2112 wrote:

Z nation started out as a poor man's walking dead, now it's significantly better than the walking dead.

I actually liked it lot tho especially Murphy what a scamp.

Could never get into Walking Dead. Watched the first series and apart from one or two good scenes it didn't do it for me. Strange as normally I lap up anything zombie related. You know for future survival techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wish manufacturers would hurry up with the smaller than 40" 4K screens. No room for 2 40"'s

Wish manufacturers would hurry up with the smaller than 40" 4K screens. No room for 2 40"'s

39" Heinsenne ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

The map in borderlands 2 is beyond useless, it's more like one of those puzzle mazes that you find in papers.

Advertisement