Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    The map in borderlands 2 is beyond useless, it's more like one of those puzzle mazes that you find in papers.

No its not, you just don't know how to use it correctly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    No its not, you just don't know how to use it correctly :P

Maybe, but I find the map in Destiny to be a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

much like real life I have gotten hopelessly lost in Borderlands 2 at times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

39" Heinsenne ;)

Ok, I'll be more specific. When will Samsung release a 32" 4K screen?????? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ok, I'll be more specific. When will Samsung release a 32" 4K screen?????? :D

My estimates for that are years end/first 1/4 of 2018 :P

• Advertisement

Was just saying that the other day. I've always been led to believe 32" is optimal for gaming. Sitting 5 feet from a 60" TV is going to be head wrecking.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was just saying that the other day. I've always been led to believe 32" is optimal for gaming. Sitting 5 feet from a 60" TV is going to be head wrecking.

To me the perfect range is anywhere between 32 and 40 for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

To me the perfect range is anywhere between 32 and 40 for gaming.

Yeah, I wouldn't really want to go further than 32" where I have everything set up. Plus, desk I have, is probably only big enough to squeeze 2 36's onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

"Map" he says.
    It's a "Select Chapter" loading screen with some Waypoints :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Nonsense, all depends how far away you are going to be, I'm at a desk with 2 monitors, 27 for pc and 24 for ps4, suits my setup nicely. What are most of the streamers or top end players using, I don't have exact facts but when has that ever stopped people making posts here, I'd say most are playing on sets smaller than 30. I made that step back from a 65 plasma.

• Advertisement

Have weeks and weeks of game time on Destiny and yet was sitting there thinking "Map?" when Nev posted. Just didn't have the conviction to question it.

The map in borderlands 2 is beyond useless, it's more like one of those puzzle mazes that you find in papers.

Pay no heed to the comments coming the lads who have played through each mission close to 100 times, YES THE MAP SUCKS.

I can safely say that all the time playing Destiny never once have I been lost and thought "I need to check the map"

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

"Map" he says.
    It's a "Select Chapter" loading screen with some Waypoints :pac:

Yep. The lack of a map is better than what BL2 gives you.
    Spent 1/2 hour trying to reach a waypoint. Eventually googled and found I had to head in the opposite direction of the way point, go into a tunnel, loop around the far side of the map and the you'll get there.

There are about ~5 infamous areas that will make you hate the map alright

When I was buying a new console this week Gamestop offered me a game from a list of about 30 free games. Despite the fact their site advertised the new Wipeout game with the console, it wasn't on offer. More than 1/2 the games I'd never heard of, some sounded like dodgy japanese titles and others were up to date releases like Journey. In the end I chose Bloodborne which they didn't have in stock.
    Just gave the guy a "just give me the fcuking console " stare and left it at that.

When I was buying a new console this week Gamestop offered me a game from a list of about 30 free games. Despite the fact their site advertised the new Wipeout game with the console, it wasn't on offer. More than 1/2 the games I'd never heard of, some sounded like dodgy japanese titles and others were up to date releases like Journey. In the end I chose Bloodborne which they didn't have in stock.
    Just gave the guy a "just give me the fcuking console " stare and left it at that.

Uh, what kind of console didya get?

dudeeile wrote: »
    Uh, what kind of console didya get?

I was hoping somebody would ask. I got a PS Pro.

I was hoping somebody would ask. I got a PS Pro.

Must look amazeballs, what 4k screen you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The Wipeout offer ended on Saturday as it was part of the 9 days of Playstation promotion that Sony were running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

So started a new character on Borderlands 2 on my new PS Pro. Mechromancer, seems pretty good although I don't know what to spec into. Hopefully Nocal sees this otherwise I'm going have to trawl through youtube :)

When I loaded BL 2 up first on my new PS Pro none of my characters had transferred over. There I was level 0 with My First Gun being the only mission available. Thought I had to transfer data from the old PS which was beyond my capabilities. Fortunately the cloud saves came to my rescue. BL 2 and Battlefield 1 transferred over in seconds, Destiny took three frigging hours, thank you digital DLC.

Finally, getting the right 4K HDR TV for my new PS Pro is turning into a truly painful process.

Yup seen it. Now go trawl through you tube...or better yet the gearbox forums.
    Some of the mechro's skills were broken originally, but they have been patched. The build does not really matter to begin with - use the skill points to help your survivability and damage dealing ability.
    Builds begin to come into their own in tvhm and uvhm, once you have enough skill points to spend.

Also, absolutely love the maps in BL2 and how it encourages you to explore and enjoy the world :pac:

Ummmm.... so following on from my TV discussion last night.... I noticed the website lists the "Response time" for my current 32" Phillips as a "typically" 5ms

http://www.philips.ie/c-p/32PFL5604H_12/5000-series-lcd-tv-with-pixel-plus-hd/specifications

Is that not like really, really good?
    Is response time the right spec to be looking at for input lag?

Seriously eyeing this up as it seems value for money

http://www.currys.ie/Product/lg-49uh850v-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-49-led-tv/336492/409.5?awc=5297_1498041401_316c287b0e6dc66fd9bb59795bca0a64&utm_source=Skimlinks&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Affiliate&awc=5297_1498160018_b18b021f76bfd04d0c3e45f4f5b9cd40

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49UH850V

But it says: "BLU Type (only for LED series) Edge" and I had a horrible experience with an Edge LIT LED tv before (was all washed out and grey)

It's within my budget though and would only really be used for gaming fwiw.

N-0-Cal? Sniper? Anyone else.... There's pictures on the Destiny PS4 chat of my rooms set up (yeah it's a mess, wanna fight about it?)... I'm sitting about 2->2.5m back from it

Ummmm.... so following on from my TV discussion last night.... I noticed the website lists the "Response time" as a "typically" 5ms

http://www.philips.ie/c-p/32PFL5604H_12/5000-series-lcd-tv-with-pixel-plus-hd/specifications

Is that not like really, really good?
    Is response time the right spec to be looking at for input lag?

Seriously eyeing this up as it seems value for money

http://www.currys.ie/Product/lg-49uh850v-smart-3d-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-49-led-tv/336492/409.5?awc=5297_1498041401_316c287b0e6dc66fd9bb59795bca0a64&utm_source=Skimlinks&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Affiliate&awc=5297_1498160018_b18b021f76bfd04d0c3e45f4f5b9cd40

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49UH850V

But it says: "BLU Type (only for LED series) Edge" and I had a horrible experience with an Edge LIT LED tv before (was all washed out and grey)

Dude,

As i said to Gimli, if it was my money then I would be picking up the LG ;) I have done enough research into it now :P all im waiting on is 7 months of back pay and I'll pull the trigger if the tax man doesnt stick it to me first :(

Yea I've heard good things about that tv. Comes with the Jonny seal of approval. I was looking for it or a Samsung 7000 but both are seemingly not in stock where I was searching.

5ms lag seems unbelieveably low. I did see one comment on one set though (think it was the Samsung or Sony) that it went from 30ms to 120 ms when you switch to HDR. TOO .... MANY.....FCKN.....VARIABLES.

I only want it for gaming, why is it so difficult?

Me right now

funniest-simpsons-gifs-homer-chili.gif

Me right now

funniest-simpsons-gifs-homer-chili.gif

I was expecting a picture within a picture within another picture.... you disappoint :(

I was expecting a picture within a picture within another picture.... you disappoint :(

I got a disproportionate amount of enjoyment out of that last night :pac:

I got a disproportionate amount of enjoyment out of that last night :pac:

It was the horror picture that made me giggle.

dudeeile wrote: »
    It was the horror picture that made me giggle.

:confused:

• Advertisement

:confused:

Looked like a skeleton to me, tell me I'm not wrong?

Advertisement