Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dudeeile wrote: »
    Looked like a skeleton to me, tell me I'm not wrong?

Oh yeah. That was me and the missus at Halloween a while back :o

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

LG 49UH770V 49 inch Super Ultra HD 4K Smart TV on sale for 699 in did . Any thoughts lads

riggerman wrote: »
    LG 49UH770V 49 inch Super Ultra HD 4K Smart TV on sale for 699 in did . Any thoughts lads

I think the only difference between that and the LG 49UH850V I mentioned is the 850 has "Passive 3D"

http://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/dd9418231

And since you're embarresed to mention you are in Cork, I should point out if you want to spent €150 more, you can get the 55" version, but it's an ex display

http://www.did.ie/lg-55-4k-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-with-magic-remote-55uh770v-prd

Thanks. Generic, off to raid my savings now. Will put up a picture later

Are you getting the Ex Display 55" one or the 49" 770?

• Advertisement

49 inch didn't check for the 55

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ummmm.... so following on from my TV discussion last night.... I noticed the website lists the "Response time" for my current 32" Phillips as a "typically" 5ms

Is that not like really, really good?
    Is response time the right spec to be looking at for input lag?

Yeah, response time and input lag are not the same thing. Response time is just referring to how quickly a pixel can switch from active to inactive. It doesn't take into account things like picture processing etc

Dunno if you've ever had the experience of, say watching a football match, and the ball leaves a sort of trail on the screen. That's a sign of poor response time.

- 55" is too big for your house Generic

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

:o

Just ductape some binoculars backwards on your head.

Is it ductape or ducktape? OK now I'm getting spellchecked on both.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just ductape some binoculars backwards on your head.

Is it ductape or ducktape? OK now I'm getting spellchecked on both.

ductape :P

• Advertisement

ha just googled it It's Duct Tape. Who'd have known?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,247 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, response time and input lag are not the same thing. Response time is just referring to how quickly a pixel can switch from active to inactive. It doesn't take into account things like picture processing etc

Dunno if you've ever had the experience of, say watching a football match, and the ball leaves a sort of trail on the screen. That's a sign of poor response time.

Also worth keeping in mind the response time advertised is the lwoest recorded, not an average or anything.

i think if you're concerned about input lag just get a monitor otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

I wish could go the monitor route, but I sit too far away cause I'm sitting on the couch with herself.

I'm sure there's some issue with monitors and the PS Pro, something like it doesn't do HDR.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I wish could go the monitor route, but I sit too far away cause I'm sitting on the couch with herself.

And im sure the price on a 4k monitor will be higher than a tv :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm seriously considering getting a monitor myself. Want to start playing at a desk rather than slouched in front of a TV

The price of any decent 4k HDR monitor is mental right now though. Like twice the price of some of the TVs mentioned in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Lads just get get a z9d Sony job done

Lads just forget about 4k :P

Just ordered a Sony 49XE9005

jcd5971 wrote: »

How does it stand up to being thrown onto a bouncy cushion though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

How does it stand up to being thrown onto a bouncy cushion though?

For over 5 grand I'd hope well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I like this bit:

420599.PNG

..by watching it on the tele

For over 5 grand I'd hope well

See for 5 grand you can buy 5 of the LG's, use 3 of them to test the bouncability off objects and 2 to use around the house :P

If I bought a PS-Pro, can I just take the hard drive in my PS4 and stick it into it?
    I have a 2TB HDD in the PS4 which is 1TB full so far, transferring 1TB of stuff would be an undertaking

If I bought a PS-Pro, can I just take the hard drive in my PS4 and stick it into it?
    I have a 2TB HDD in the PS4 which is 1TB full so far, transferring 1TB of stuff would be an undertaking

Regardless, as soon as you enter the HDD into another playstation it will wipe it all and set it up for that PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Regardless, as soon as you enter the HDD into another playstation it will wipe it all and set it up for that PS.

Indeed, it needs to be transferred unfortunately.

That makes it tricky to use the 2TB so instead of the 1TB that comes with the Pro :/

That makes it tricky to use the 2TB so instead of the 1TB that comes with the Pro :/

Well yeah. You'd just have to download them all again if you use the 2tb, unless you have an external drive. Then you can transfer to external drive then insert 2tb into the Pro then from external to 2tb in the pro.

Ohhhhhh.... so do the whole transfer thing again? But on Double the Scale you say?

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.png

• Advertisement

Ohhhhhh.... so do the whole transfer thing again? But on Double the Scale you say?

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.png

Yeah, its either that or re-download and I know your connection cant handle all that again :P

Advertisement