Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I prefer not to brandish pitchforks based on drunken, wild speculation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

What's up gents, it's like the calm before the storm in here... :)

I haven't been on the PS much at all lately as I'm 150 hours into Zelda since I got Switch back from repair off Nintendo and I was away for a week also in Spain.

I actually haven't even pre ordered D2 yet, I know I'll have to get it done in a week or two before the beta goes live...

I think I will be going digital this time as changing the Destiny disc is a pain at the best of times and I doubt there is a midnight launch for it around my way

• Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    COD is my true obsession but the post above was more a concern of things to come for Destiny, with paid for DLC and other shenanigans being the order of the day.

Paid DLC and micro transactions are a neccessary requirement for the gaming industry now - especially triple a titles.

Game prices haven’t really increased since the PS3 release, some are cheaper than what we saw with the N64 - but by basic inflation we should have seen price rises. The cost of creating games is, as far as I am aware, far higher now than 10-15 years ago but the cost of buying them hasn’t. They are keeping the base price the same and supplementing that price with DLC and micro-transactions.

I suppose the choice is do we start paying 100 for a ‘full’ game or do we pay 60 plus extra’s based on us wanting extra content for the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

From the other thread since its relevant in here:

Conovar, surely you have unplayed/unfinished games on the ps4?

• Skulls of the Shogun was a lot of Fun, operative world being fun, it made me laugh/smile
    • I really like Binding of Issac, I go back to often
    • Tales from the Borderlands is AMAZING craic, best Telltale game imho
    • Life is Strange is like a better Telltale game, and one you can play with a partner
    • Killing Floor 2 is COD Zombies, it's free, it's fun, I'm playing it with some friends, it does what it says on the tin.
    • Tearaway Unfolded gets rave reviews from other players
    • Transformers: Devastation is the same, others rave about it, but not played it
    • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is meant to be pretty chill and enjoyable for what it is
    • Resident Evil (2014) is the definitive Resi experience and free, amazing stuff, played on the GC back in the day, probably my fave entry
    • This War of Mine: The Little Ones is f**king amazing (but we know that kind of game is right up my street, permadeath-rng-misery a-la DD and X-Com) and it's a game everyone should play (like Journey) because of what it does as a game.
    • Day of the Tentacle Remastered is meant to be great, not played it personally, but I liked Monkey Island a lot
    • Journey, if anyone hasn't played that, you're just stubborn, it's really worth the 2.5 hours

And thats not even going back a year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have so many unfinished games over the past few years it's untrue. Was embarrassed to post on the thread as there are some pretty good games. I blame Destiny/ TLOU as I'll be playing something and then think I'd prefer to be playing Destiny and the game goes back in the machine and doesn't come out.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    From the other thread since its relevant in here:

Conovar, surely you have unplayed/unfinished games on the ps4?

Yep, and a load on the Xbox too - but zero inclination to play most of them!

Tried playing Call of Duty the other week, could not get on with it at all!
    Same with Horizon Zero Dawn, played the opening few hours but my strategy/aim/thinking just isn't good enough so I couldn't enjoy it. Too much just running away from 12 robosaurs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yep, and a load on the Xbox too - but zero inclination to play most of them!

Tried playing Call of Duty the other week, could not get on with it at all!
    Same with Horizon Zero Dawn, played the opening few hours but my strategy/aim/thinking just isn't good enough so I couldn't enjoy it. Too much just running away from 12 robosaurs!

Ah man with Zero Dawn you are missing out big time, its amazing.

Call of duty I understand in fairness.

I couldn't even enjoy the Zombie mode in CoD BLOPS3 cause they made it such a convoluted mess.... like how do you f**k that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think Horizon is going to be the next big single player game I tackle post BoTW, I know already it probably won't have a patch on it but I can't wait to give it a go...

Might have to commandeer the kids 4K telly for that one... :)

• Advertisement

I couldn't even enjoy the Zombie mode in CoD BLOPS3 cause they made it such a convoluted mess.... like how do you f**k that up?

By making it a run and gun, they ruined it. I spent 110 on that game and didnt bother with it at all which is not like me at all.

I might go back to HZD and do an Easy run, just to get it played and see what the actual story of the game/world is.

I might go back to HZD and do an Easy run, just to get it played and see what the actual story of the game/world is.

There's two perks at the beginning you need to get.
    One is a stealth kill and the other is a lure (whistle). They are at the beginning. Once you unlock those you have easy mode engaged.
    Don't think there's a difficulty setting. Some of the boss battles can be infuriating. I did a lot of yelling at times but completed it in the end easily enough.
    edit: oh and fire arrows for the love of god fire arrows

Yeah its more of a cautious approach you take in HZD and not a I'll rush in and kill all these beasts with my bow.

I finished Wolfenstein: New Order the other day. Started tales from the borderlands yesterday and only have 1 episode left so making a huge dent in my backlog :D

Loved the New Order. Couldn't really get into the Old Blood. I'd be playing it, start thinking I'd prefer to be playing the first one and end up playing that. Like Tales of the Borderlands/Life is Strange. Really have to be in the mood for them but once I am, really enjoy them. Must download Until Dawn now I think of it.

So, after spending 3 days drinking and HDR gaming, I have to ask. Was everything always this black and white in real life?

Am playing through a bit of my backlog at the moment.

The Little Acre - Really enjoyed it, for the 90 or so minutes of it's length I found it enjoyable and it brough a few laughs. Reminded me of if Monkey Island mixed with Alice in Wonderland. I'd recommend it tbh, me and the missus enjoyed it in the way one would enjoy a Pixar movie due to its length. It is very low octane stuff.

Transformers Devastation - Did 2 chapters (of 7?), seems fun alright. Enjoying it so far. Will see if it holds my attention to the actual end.

Until Dawn: Got 2 chapters of this completed. Visually very Pretty game. Kind of reminds me of older Resi Evil games. The cast are (predicatably) annoying and so far it's all been very vague. I've heard good things, so expecting it to ramp up soon. It's really good so far.

Life is Strange - In the middle of Chapter 3, finding it hard to motivate myself to plow on. There's only so much angst college aged girls I can tolerate listening too

not sure I'll get to the end of Until Dawn, I'm rapidly running out of people. Pretty sure I already killed the killer.

came across this ad on YouTube - autoplayed before a BBKDragoon vid....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-YJs_U2QI&feature=youtu.be

Wow.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    not sure I'll get to the end of Until Dawn, I'm rapidly running out of people. Pretty sure I already killed the killer.

If I want spoilers, I'll go looking for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

came across this ad on YouTube - autoplayed before a BBKDragoon vid....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-YJs_U2QI&feature=youtu.be

Wow.

Wow indeed. Bloody bargain.

I've booked a call a day with him for next week. The 3 y/o really needs help with his obsession with tractors and dresses. I think it's holding him back a little.

The 3 y/o really needs help with his obsession with tractors and dresses. I think it's holding him back a little.

I see he's taking after you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

If I want spoilers, I'll go looking for them

Meow

Oh, I forgot, I also played MGS Ground Zero. I forgot because I had a Muller Crunch Corner around the same time and they lasted about equal length

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Oh, I forgot, I also played MGS Ground Zero. I forgot because I had a Muller Crunch Corner around the same time and they lasted about equal length

That being charged for was the biggest Rob ever, Konami at it's worst kojima always intended it to be a demo to show off the engine and build up the world before phantom pain.

The credits were amazing:

- HIDEO:
    Hideo Kojima

Super Hot out on PS4 tomorrow. Might pick it up, looks awesome.

Super Hot out on PS4 tomorrow. Might pick it up, looks awesome.

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The credits were amazing:

- HIDEO:
    Hideo Kojima

In the full game there are credits after every mission. Get's annoying af after a while

Advertisement