Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,662 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

fry image

Fine, i'll play some control on D1. just trying to branch out.....(mumble mumble)

It does look awesome. Looks like a fun action/puzzle game. don't know why i didn't simply buy it for the xbox. Also, which I had PSVR so I could play the VR version of it.

May wait til pay day at the end of the month to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Fine, i'll play some control on D1. just trying to branch out.....(mumble mumble)

It does look awesome. Looks like a fun action/puzzle game. don't know why i didn't simply buy it for the xbox. Also, which I had PSVR so I could play the VR version of it.

May wait til pay day at the end of the month to pick it up.

if you have vr get bound demo.....JUST.....DO...IT...

BEST GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER.....that is all

jcd5971 wrote: »
    if you have vr get bound demo.....JUST.....DO...IT...

BEST GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER.....that is all

I do not have PSVR. Too expensive to justify, and I don't think there is enough space between where I set and where the camera would be - its a thin room.

If I ever get my own house I might look at a vr setup.

Just got offered a job up in Longford...anyone know what the **** is in Longford?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just got offered a job up in Longford...anyone know what the **** is in Longford?

I think they got a zebra crossing a while ago...

Are you going to be a lollipop man or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Don't listen to him Gowel there's a whole section devoted to Places of Interest on the Wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longford

Fieldog wrote: »
    lollipop man

Yea, something like that :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yea, something like that :pac:

I work there, I am leaving in a few weeks and I'll be glad to see the back of the place. Anything you need to know about it just let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I work there, I am leaving in a few weeks and I'll be glad to see the back of the place. Anything you need to know about it just let me know :)

What's the pringle situation like?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    What's the pringle situation like?

Depleted, I bought them all and ate them so theres a massive shortage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

There's about a million roundabouts...

Woah thats not true, its closer to 2 million :P

roundabouts...

My mortal enemies.

My mortal enemies.

Ah they are all out on the bypass, not many around the town at all if any. Are you going working around the town or?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The job is in Edgeworthstown.
    Just trying to sort out some apartment viewings for next week.

The job is in Edgeworthstown.
    Just trying to sort out some apartment viewings for next week.

Edgeworthstown is a rough enough spot. I already have an idea who your going working for :P

If you drive then take a look in Longford town (Clonbalt Woods is a really nice area on the edge of town) or newtownforbes for renting, newtownforbes would be my preference, I lived there for a few years its a nice quiet little village and I was renting a 3 bed apartment for 350 a month.

I already have an idea who your going working for :P

Hah. Have you heard good things or bad things about them?

No car unfortunately, but with the train, and possibly bus, it should be handy enough to get a place in Longford town. Looks like only a short trip to Edgeworthstown.

Hah. Have you heard good things or bad things about them?

No car unfortunately, but with the train, and possibly bus, it should be handy enough to get a place in Longford town. Looks like only a short trip to Edgeworthstown.

Well if its the place im thinking of they are grand to work for :)

Well if anything I would not rely on buses around here. The train would be the way to go so that rules newtownforbes out. I doubt there is much to rent around longford town at the moment tho?
    I have a mate living in edgeworthstown that I could ask later if he knows of any rentals, he might even have a room for rent in his place if you were interested, and if its the place im thinking of where you are going to work then its practically at your front door.

• Advertisement

There's a handful or so up on Daft.
    At the moment, I'm more inclined to try get a place to myself. If it doesn't work out, I've no choice but to share, so I'll do it.
    No harm in seeing if your mate knows of anything around, cheers.

There's a handful or so up on Daft.
    At the moment, I'm more inclined to try get a place to myself. If it doesn't work out, I've no choice but to share, so I'll do it.
    No harm in seeing if your mate knows of anything around, cheers.

Grand job, from the list I see on Daft avoid the one thats down as Legion Terrace (Rough enough area), Fee Court apartment is a handy area but I know alot of the lads that rented the apartment beside that and because it was rentals most those apts are in rag order. Sandy lane is a block or party apartments and the same goes for hibernian court.

As far as letting agents go you could give Longford Lettings a shout and ask them is they have anything around the town, normally they will know in advance if anywhere is going to be vacant soon and I have used them a good few times and they were spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So what does this do to the Boards Clan Take-the-Pi$$-Out-Of-Where-You-Live-League table

So what does this do to the Boards Clan Take-the-Pi$$-Out-Of-Where-You-Live-League table

Gowl goes straight to the top of the list :P

Sooo...

- Gowel
    - Abuses
    - Me
    - ???
    - ???
    - Optimus
    - The Pale
    - ???
    - Conovar
    - JCD/Madra (because they are too ashamed to be in Cork)
    - ???
    - Totz
    - ???
    - North Inner City Dublin
    - Nice Parts of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sooo...

- Gowel
    - Abuses
    - Me
    - ???
    - ???
    - Optimus
    - The Pale
    - ???
    - Conovar
    - ???
    - Totz
    - ???
    - Nice Parts of Dublin

Tallaght has to close to the top :cool:

Sooo...

- Gowel
    - Abuses
    - Me
    - ???
    Knave
    - ???
    Dudeeile
    - Optimus
    - The Pale
    - ???
    I slot in here for now :P
    - Conovar
    - ???
    - Totz
    - ???
    - Nice Parts of Dublin

FYP

My name should not appear on that list at all! How dare you try to besmirch the good names of Delgany and Greystones! HOW DARE YOU!?

My name should not appear on that list at all! How dare you try to besmirch the good names of Delgany and Greystones! HOW DARE YOU!?

The league table is not about the quality of the place you live, it's about how many times it gets brought up in conversation in a way to belittle you
    FYP

You're taking it as some sort of Daft report. Abuses could live in a mansion (though I doubt it with the proximity of his kids) and he'd still be up there cause it's Arizona :D

• Advertisement

The league table is not about the quality of the place you live, it's about how many times it gets brought up in conversation in a way to belittle you

You're taking it as some sort of Daft report. Abuses could live in a mansion (though I doubt it with the proximity of his kids) and he'd still be up there cause it's Arizona :D

You do realise that the imperial data I collected on this would p!ss all over your spreadsheets :P that list is the best who get what abuse for where they live that we could have right now :P

Advertisement