Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    You do realise that the imperial data I collected on this would p!ss all over your spreadsheets :P that list is the best who get what abuse for where they live that we could have right now :P

I read that in a Derek Zoolander voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

that list is the best who get what abuse for where they live that we could have right now :P
    nevelator wrote: »
    I read that in a Derek Zoolander voice!

I was more .....
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Cork was meh ok to a point... Doesn't hold a candle to the mighty banner county though

Grand job, from the list I see on Daft avoid the one thats down as Legion Terrace (Rough enough area), Fee Court apartment is a handy area but I know alot of the lads that rented the apartment beside that and because it was rentals most those apts are in rag order. Sandy lane is a block or party apartments and the same goes for hibernian court.
    Cheers for the info.
    Longford Lettings
    Boss lady is out of the office today, so will give them a shout come Monday when I am on the way up to view a few from Daft. Other letting agents seem to be tapped out at the moment.
    Sooo...

- Gowel
    - Abuses
    - Me
    - ???
    - ???
    - Optimus
    - The Pale
    - ???
    - Conovar
    - JCD/Madra (because they are too ashamed to be in Cork)
    - ???
    - Totz
    - ???
    - North Inner City Dublin
    - Nice Parts of Dublin

Where would I have come in with Wexford before?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cheers for the info.

Boss lady is out of the office today, so will give them a shout come Monday when I am on the way up to view a few from Daft. Other letting agents seem to be tapped out at the moment.

Grand job, sure if your up on monday and stuck about the place sure give me a shout I should be around :P

I will try dig out a couple more contacts I had for house lettings later on and let you know.

• Advertisement

Will see how it goes.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

So what does this do to the Boards Clan Take-the-Pi$$-Out-Of-Where-You-Live-League table

Tullow is still top. Although our position could be threatened next season as financial fair play is really hampering us in this transfer window. It's tough operating sell to buy in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Today on Destiny Digs....

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

- Gowel - Abuses - Me - ??? - ??? - Optimus - The Pale - ??? - Conovar - JCD/Madra (because they are too ashamed to be in Cork) - ??? - Totz - ??? - North Inner City Dublin - Nice Parts of Dublin

West cork for the win generic , ye city boys with yer fancy paved roads. But your a country boy now out in the sticks
    With us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I was renting a 3 bed apartment for 350 a month.

€350 a month??? This must have been back in the 80's or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

€350 a month??? This must have been back in the 80's or something.

Nope, it was only 3-4 years ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Transformers Devastation (was free a while ago on PS Plus) was actually fairly enjoyable for what it was. Kind of like a Bayonetta/DMC game with some minimal item/rpg/speccing elements. Finished it in 2 sittings, was pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got attacked by a dog in real life on Saturday. Real life is scary. Managed to smite the beast with my kindle I was carrying at the time. Owner gave me a real dirty look. FFS it was her dog that started it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got attacked by a dog in real life on Saturday. Real life is scary. Managed to smite the beast with my kindle I was carrying at the time. Owner gave me a real dirty look. FFS it was her dog that started it.

Or was the dirty look just the look she gives when she wants to bed you :P

Ouch... What kind of dog? Did it do any damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it was some kind of mix, mainly poodle I think. It was quite big but not too scary. It just snapped at me which I managed to avoid and backed off once I smacked it but it really went for me. So no harm. My barber told me after it's normally quite a docile dog. I'm getting f-all sympathy from anyone I tell. It was early morning and I was sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

jonnycivic wrote:
    Or was the dirty look just the look she gives when she wants to bed you

Doggy style

it was some kind of mix, mainly poodle I think. It was quite big but not too scary.

Those little yappy ones are the worst, mainly due to the fact, the owners tend to treat them like babies - rather than dogs. So they never get trained properly, or disciplined. They're terrible to have around kids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

it was some kind of mix, mainly poodle I think. It was quite big but not too scary. It just snapped at me which I managed to avoid and backed off once I smacked it but it really went for me. So no harm. My barber told me after it's normally quite a docile dog. I'm getting f-all sympathy from anyone I tell. It was early morning and I was sober.

There is something about this story that I am not buying... can't quite put mu finger on it...

There is something about this story that I am not buying... can't quite put mu finger on it...

I bet ya its the poodle part isnt it :P

• Advertisement

I'm picturing a drunk gimli walking down the street, checking out some Paris Hilton wanna-be, and makes a lewd comment.
    Then her chihuahua dives out of her handbag, locks onto gimli's neck and he's running around in circles trying to bat it off with a Kindle.

I'm picturing a drunk gimli walking down the street, checking out some Paris Hilton wanna-be, and makes a lewd comment.
    Then her chihuahua dives out of her handbag, locks onto gimli's neck and he's running around in circles trying to bat it off with a Kindle.

Holy crap, i found actual video footage of the attack...... skip to 1:10 for best bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cffWWCnHGs

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Holy crap, i found actual video footage of the attack...... skip to 1:10 for best bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cffWWCnHGs

Lmao love how the dog takes piss on him at the end

Grand job, sure if your up on monday and stuck about the place sure give me a shout I should be around :P

I will try dig out a couple more contacts I had for house lettings later on and let you know.

Didn't have much luck getting places to view today. Went up with the mother (who really just wanted to see the cathedral, it burnt down few years ago).

The first was ****e, smelled of damp, dog, and damp dog. A two bed apartment squeezed into the ground floor of a house.

The second, we didn't actually view, it was a bit out from the centre of town, not so bad, but the boarded up houses, the ****ty looking building, and the like. As soon as we pulled up outside it, we both said nope, and got just left.

The third, and final, was a bloody lovely apartment, just off main street. And thanks to some ****ery by some couple that said they would pay extra for it, it looks like I am moving in on the weekend.

Mother****ing Goldilocks over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Sober? Took me by surprise.

Didn't have much luck getting places to view today. Went up with the mother (who really just wanted to see the cathedral, it burnt down few years ago).

The first was ****e, smelled of damp, dog, and damp dog. A two bed apartment squeezed into the ground floor of a house.

The second, we didn't actually view, it was a bit out from the centre of town, not so bad, but the boarded up houses, the ****ty looking building, and the like. As soon as we pulled up outside it, we both said nope, and got just left.

The third, and final, was a bloody lovely apartment, just off main street. And thanks to some ****ery by some couple that said they would pay extra for it, it looks like I am moving in on the weekend.

Mother****ing Goldilocks over here.

Yeah the first place you were out I think I know where that place is. Most the rentals around the town were just young fellas and young ones renting them for a party place etc hence why they stink haha. Ah I take it you found a place at the back of the hotel then?

Ah I take it you found a place at the back of the hotel then?

For the one that we just drove away from on sight? Nah, it was out the road past Supervalue.

For the one that we just drove away from on sight? Nah, it was out the road past Supervalue.

Oh yeah there a really rough estate out there thats kinda built on bogish land and the foundations are all in tatters haha

I have to say, this is just brilliant :D

• Advertisement

I have to say, this is just brilliant :D

I've heard the guy telling the story on the Joe Rogan podcast before, and I may have seen a kind of South Park Style animated version of it. But I never knew the guys name, so just looking at the title of the video I was thinking "Please be the Machine."

Advertisement