Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I've heard the guy telling the story on the Joe Rogan podcast before, and I may have seen a kind of South Park Style animated version of it. But I never knew the guys name, so just looking at the title of the video I was thinking "Please be the Machine."

I've watched it a few times now and it always has me in tears laughing. "I am the machine"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Will the name of this be changed now that the Tower Bar is now in the hands of NAMA.

Suggestions: Chicken Coop, Cow Shed, Henhouse, Outhouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Destiny kickabout for the new name

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You're all so heartless.... just chopping and changing... like the Tower bar meant nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The memorial tower bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You're all so heartless.... just chopping and changing... like the Tower bar meant nothing

As long as it isn't playing that terrible Paul McCartney song we'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's time to start letting go.
    I've always liked "The Swamp"

I see the PS Plus thread is in Meltdown in relation to a 20% price increase. Pretty steep uplift alright but I'll still pay it. There's too many games I play online to give it up, really don't purchase it for the free games. Worrying development, Monopolies are bad.
    We may all be playing Destiny 3 on the Xbox whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

gimli2112 wrote:
    I see the PS Plus thread is in Meltdown in relation to a 20% price increase. Pretty steep uplift alright but I'll still pay it. There's too many games I play online to give it up, really don't purchase it for the free games. Worrying development, Monopolies are bad. We may all be playing Destiny 3 on the Xbox whatever

Whingy bastrads it's only a euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Whingy bastrads it's only a euro a month

Now I may be wrong but was I not paying around €50-60 for xbox live around the early 2000's?

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Now I may be wrong but was I not paying around €50-60 for xbox live around the early 2000's?

Xbox Live has always been €55 per year at retail here, but due to the Xbox using global rather than regional keys has always been available for significantly less.

dudeeile wrote: »

I wasn't paying €65 for a tank of petrol back then either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

finally got around to playing TLOU at the weekend. dont really get the fuss. preferred the part when you were controlling her, the sneaking about seemed better than when you were sneaking around with him. having stainless steel ladders & pallets everywhere was a bit lame. real feel of the older MGS's off it - wasnt a fan of those.

anyone playing anything else? thinking of picking up prey

Played Super Hot last week.

Completed it in an hour or so. Great fun, over way too soon.

When you complete it though you open up challenge modes (complete all missions with only a katana for example) and an endless horde mode type thing.

Played Super Hot Not Destiny last week.

I... I don't understand.....

I mean, I know these are words... but I'm totally lost here

:P

I... I don't understand.....

I mean, I know these are words... but I'm totally lost here

:P

I still played a load of destiny.

Bought Dirt 4. Got frustrated within about 20minutes and went back to shooting stuff in destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Played Super Hot last week.

Completed it in an hour or so. Great fun, over way too soon.

When you complete it though you open up challenge modes (complete all missions with only a katana for example) and an endless horde mode type thing.

Try VR to quite shaxx this is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I still played a load of destiny.

Bought Dirt 4. Got frustrated within about 20minutes and went back to shooting stuff in destiny.

Have a steering wheel. I find you need a steering wheel to play the racing games coming out these days.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Try VR to quite shaxx this is amazing
    I do not have the room or the money for PS VR.
    Have a steering wheel. I find you need a steering wheel to play the racing games coming out these days.

I do not have the room or the money for a steering wheel set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I do not have the room or the money for PS VR.

I do not have the room or the money for a steering wheel set up.

Buy a bigger house, rent some rooms then get both, problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For the Darkest Dungeoneers, Stolen from the Random Video Thread

Found Tomb Raider the anniversary in my Library and installed it. Was really getting into it when I realised it was only a demo. It's still 26.99 in the store, which has me disappointed.
    I'd played it several months ago but kept getting killed on a jump at the very start and put it away. Must have died eleventy hundred times in the short demo. It's a huge contrast to something like HZD where deaths just don't happen every few seconds, although Borderlands 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Found Tomb Raider the anniversary in my Library and installed it. Was really getting into it when I realised it was only a demo. It's still 26.99 in the store, which has me disappointed.
    I'd played it several months ago but kept getting killed on a jump at the very start and put it away. Must have died eleventy hundred times in the short demo. It's a huge contrast to something like HZD where deaths just don't happen every few seconds, although Borderlands 2.

not having the best time with demos lately are ya Gim?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Switched ISP to Imagine, and it's weird actually being able to do PvP stuff, I even got around to getting the Y3 Thorn.

I also no longer have to spend a few hours waiting to download patches for games that are only 1gb or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Those looking for a space magic hit could do worse than checking out Skyforge. F2P so be warned,i havent hit the freemium limit yet but its free and im a good few hours in and its enjoyable.

Graphically nice,smooth gameplay,interesting combat system and a decent amount of gear progression.

Tricky Towers (was free on PS Plus) a while back is great fun, would be gas to play in a group. Its essentially tetris, but with a twist, and ye can also f**k each other over which is hilarious. I said I'd give it a whack the other evening, it's very more-ish

Tricky Towers (was free on PS Plus) a while back is great fun, would be gas to play in a group. Its essentially tetris, but with a twist, and ye can also f**k each other over which is hilarious. I said I'd give it a whack the other evening, it's very more-ish

Indeed 4 player races can be awesome, especially when you f someone up with a badly shaped giant piece.

I'd be well up for getting a group of 4 of us together for a few games. It doesn't sound like it's up to much as a game, but I genuinely found myself laughing a LOT when I totally f**ked over the randoms I was playing against online :pac:

Skip to 7:45... these were probably the least annoying group of 4 people I could find playing it on YT :o

Sign me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've that game in my library. Don't think I've ever even started it up

Probably need to download it again but would be up for a few games anyway

Advertisement