Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Online - Support for other Browsers

Options
  • 13-01-2016 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI Reps,

Can you advise when Business Online will be supported  on other browsers such as Chrome and when it will no longer require Java ?

I know this question has now been asked countless times over the past 3 years plus and we are still waiting on updates and answers but now that Microsoft has announced that they are have ended support and are no longer issuing updates for IE 8,9 and 10 I think its about time the Chrome , Opera etc are supported and Java is ditched.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Jambo,

Thank you for your post here today.

We are looking into this for you at the moment and will come back to you here tomorrow with an update.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Jambo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're not aware of any immediate plans for this however we'll certainly pass on your feedback to our BOL Team.

We would recommend downloading IE9+, Mozilla Firefox or Safari to ensure you have uninterrupted use of New Business On Line.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hi Jambo,

We're not aware of any immediate plans for this however we'll certainly pass on your feedback to our BOL Team.

We would recommend downloading IE9+, Mozilla Firefox or Safari to ensure you have uninterrupted use of New Business On Line.

Thanks,

Sharon
    You recommend IE9 & 10?
    I honestly hope not, because Microsoft ended support for IE9 and IE10 from the 12th January,
    As such it is no longer receiving any security updates and is a security risk for consumers to use, you may want to raise this with your online banking team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Cabaal,

We'll pass on your feedback to our Business On Line team.

Thanks

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Cabaal wrote: »
    Hi Jambo,

Thanks,

Sharon
    You recommend IE9 & 10?
    I honestly hope not, because Microsoft ended support for IE9 and IE10 from the 12th January,
    As such it is no longer receiving any security updates and is a security risk for consumers to use, you may want to raise this with your online banking team.
    You beat me to it - unreal that they would even suggest that - let alone advertise it on the Business Online website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Jambo,

Thanks,

Sharon
    Can you please confirm if Bank Of Ireland are recommending your customers use a browser that is no longer supported and will no longer receive security patches?

I would like an official statement please.

You are not adhering to your own "Security Commitment" statement.

"At Bank of Ireland Group we are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information and seeking to attain the highest standards of security at all times"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning,

We have received the below response from our Business Online.

"IE9 and IE10 are no longer officially supported, as they are a security risk given they are not receiving security updates. And that the help and support page will shortly be updated reflecting this."

As this change was announced by Microsoft at a short notice we will be working to our update customers as soon as possible.

As always, all feedback is appreciated and will be forwarded to the relevant departments.

Thanks,

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

As this change was announced by Microsoft at a short notice we will be working to our update customers as soon as possible.
    August 2014. Someone must have been asleep...
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/07/microsoft-will-kill-support-for-ie-8-the-worlds-most-popular-desktop-browser-by-2016/

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Good Morning,

"IE9 and IE10 are no longer officially supported, as they are a security risk given they are not receiving security updates. And that the help and support page will shortly be updated reflecting this."

As always, all feedback is appreciated and will be forwarded to the relevant departments.

Thanks,

Evie
    "As this change was announced by Microsoft at a short notice..."

This is simply not true. It was widely reported in mid 2013 that support for IE10 was ending Q4 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon Tow,

Thanks for getting in touch. Microsoft had initially planned on supporting browsers from IE 9 to IE 11 as mentioned in this article. This has now changed however, and they have recently announced it is no longer the case.

"By Jan. 12, 2016, Microsoft cautions that it will only support the following browser-operating system combinations:

Internet Explorer 9 on Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2
    Internet Explorer 10 on Windows Server 2012
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2"

Thank you for posting as always, all feedback is noted.

Evie

• Advertisement

Good Morning,

Thanks,

Evie
    Back to my original question is there any chance your team could answer that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Jambo, thanks for posting today.

As Sharon has mentioned, at the moment we're not aware of any immediate plans for the Java requirement to change. Please get in touch again if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Now that Oracle has announced the final nail in the coffin for Java can you advise when BOI also phase it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi Jambo,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’ve contacted our Business Online team and they’ve confirmed that they’re currently working on this however we have no confirmed date at the moment.

We’ll post here when we have an update.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

On Friday I upgraded my office PCs to Windows 10 and now I cannot access the Business Online login page.
    I have tried using Firefox and IE 11 (I am aware that the new Edge browser doesn't work).
    When I type in 
    http://www.businessonline-boi.com/  
    I actually get brought to this page 
    http://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/payments-and-cards/online-banking/business-on-line-status-page/
    See attached screen grab image which shows what is on this page.  If I click on the 'login to Business On Line' link a new tab opens showing the exact same page.  I did tweet someone at the bank yesterday and got some feedback none of which helped.  I need to get this fixed ASAP as I need to make some payments and check the company bank account urgently.
    Thanks
    S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

On Friday I upgraded my office PCs to Windows 10 and now I cannot access the Business Online login page.
    I have tried using Firefox and IE 11 (I am aware that the new Edge browser doesn't work).
    When I type in 
    http://www.businessonline-boi.com/  
    I actually get brought to this page 
    http://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/payments-and-cards/online-banking/business-on-line-status-page/
    See attached screen grab image which shows what is on this page.  If I click on the 'login to Business On Line' link a new tab opens showing the exact same page.  I did tweet someone at the bank yesterday and got some feedback none of which helped.  I need to get this fixed ASAP as I need to make some payments and check the company bank account urgently.
    Thanks
    S.
    Good morning PosterKing, 

We're sorry to hear you experienced difficulty accessing Business On Line.

Can we ask you to please try clearing your cache and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement