Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Works and Common Sense

• 13-01-2016 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

No idea if im posting in correct category,
    today i was dropping the other half to work and its near a school so i meet all the cars dropping their kids to school (They could walk) but there was road works on that road which was causing mayhem. I wouldn't mind if they were working or at least working since early hours of morn, they weren't, they were only setting up the traffic lights and barriers and doing f**k all. If they had any common sense they could have waited half an hour for the traffic to flow as it gets quiet after 9.30am. It just irritates me that people don't just stop and think. They could have also gave road users warning a day or 2 in advanced as no one knew this was going to happen, im sure many were late for school and not just me getting to work
    Rant over
    Relief
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

No idea if im posting in correct category,
    today i was dropping the other half to work and its near a school so i meet all the cars dropping their kids to school (They could walk) but there was road works on that road which was causing mayhem. I wouldn't mind if they were working or at least working since early hours of morn, they weren't, they were only setting up the traffic lights and barriers and doing f**k all. If they had any common sense they could have waited half an hour for the traffic to flow as it gets quiet after 9.30am. It just irritates me that people don't just stop and think. They could have also gave road users warning a day or 2 in advanced as no one knew this was going to happen, im sure many were late for school and not just me getting to work
    Rant over
    Relief
    :)

Or maybe, as you said, people walk short distances instead of driving and adding to the mayhem. But yeah maybe roadworks on busy routes could be scheduled better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Or maybe, as you said, people walk short distances instead of driving and adding to the mayhem. But yeah maybe roadworks on busy routes could be scheduled better

i used to live in the area and my old neighbor drops her son to school and collects him each day, yet he is a 10 min walk away.
    After the bad rain we got lately they spent some time filling in some pot holes, didn't do good job but at least we not swerving to avoid them, but they did them after rush hour traffic so people going to work or school weren't been delayed

Advertisement