Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best vendor PvP sniper:

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nevelator wrote: »
    I got a Weyloran's March to drop with shortgaze,underdog, unflinching and snapshot. Which on paper seems to be decent roll. I tried it for a few games and it just didn't click with me. I was using a 1K stare with Longview before that (which I found grand) - so maybe it will take a few more games to get used to the shortgaze scope.

One thing I don't like about the WM; is that sometimes you need 3 body shots to kill an opponent!

1k stare probably has higher base AA so even with shortgaze WM might not be much kop., just speculating here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    1k stare probably has higher base AA so even with shortgaze WM might not be much kop., just speculating here though.

read the other day that WM has the highest AA in the game for snipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Shortgaze has more aim assist than Ambush and they have the same zoom level, so I'd take it over Ambush though Ambush itself is very usable. Quickdraws probably the best sniper perk in the game so it comes down to whether you want slightly more aim assist (#1) or quicker ADS and weapon swapping (#2).

Snapshot doesn't help with target acquisition. I wouldn't obsess over aim assist, your #1 has a huge amount anyway.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

read the other day that WM has the highest AA in the game for snipers.

Interesting, hadn't realised that. Shame the impact is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Interesting, hadn't realised that. Shame the impact is pathetic.

Yeah, you'd do more damage throwing a wet sponge at them :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    Yes, it has poor impact compared to 1k stare.

Half the impact but double the rate of fire. Even though I don't know why you'd want a sniper with that kind of setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Half the impact but double the rate of fire. Even though I don't know why you'd want a sniper with that kind of setup.

This years Pradeths Revenge. The assist machine!

Played a few games of IB last night and used my fancy new 1000 Yard Stare - I can't believe the difference between the two guns!

Went from struggling to keep a positive KD ratio, to averaging 1.33 on the 8 games I played last night.

But my sniping has noticeable improved, was landing a lot of headshots, won more counter sniper battles than I lost, stole way more kills too :pac:

1000 Yard Stare 2:
    Scope:|Perk 1|Perk 2|Perk 3
    EagleEye SLR20|Eye of the Storm|Quick Draw|Firefly
    ViewTac SLH20|-|Snapshot|-
    Ambush SLH25|-|Bonus damage to Cabal Centurions|-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

1000 Yard Stare 2:
    Scope:|Perk 1|Perk 2|Perk 3
    EagleEye SLR20|Eye of the Storm|Quick Draw|Firefly
    ViewTac SLH20|-|Snapshot|-
    Ambush SLH25|-|Bonus damage to Cabal Centurions|-

Decent roll. You should use Quickdraw rather than Snapshot on that gun. Quickdraw gives you improved ADS time as well as allowing you to draw the gun faster. Check out this thread on Crucible Playbook for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

This archetype of sniper is fine for 6v6 game modes. It can one hit kill with headshots, you can double tap very quickly, and there are no revives to worry about. The only reason I wouldn't go with a sniper like that is for consistency. I find it takes time to adapt when I move from sniper to sniper, so I try to run the same sniper rifle as often as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

1000 Yard Stare is still better in 6v6 because you can bodyshot players who have taken a tiny amount of damage.

Serbian wrote: »
    Decent roll. You should use Quickdraw rather than Snapshot on that gun. Quickdraw gives you improved ADS time as well as allowing you to draw the gun faster. Check out this thread on Crucible Playbook for more info.

Just had a look at it there, pretty interesting. I'll give it a go.

Hey all,

Noticed on a few sniping videos and was also looking at /r/CruciblePlaybook - a lot of the guys who I would consider top snipers seem to have their look sensitivity turned way down.

I've been trying to up my look sensitivity to 6 or even 7, however it looks at though most snipers actually drop their sensitivity to 3 or maybe 4...

I'm guessing this has a lot to do with changing play styles - less blink shotgunning and more passive sniping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It makes sense I suppose. If your going to be focusing on long range combat, there's no real need to have your sensitivity up high.

For me, I've mine set to 5, as I'm a bit schizophrenic with my play style, depending on the map. Frontier I tend to snipe more often than not. Sector 618 and Drifter would be an AR and shotty. Overall I'd be more of a defensive player anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have my sens up to about 5 and sometimes I find it a bit too high.

It makes sense I suppose. If your going to be focusing on long range combat, there's no real need to have your sensitivity up high.

It's something I've noticed alright, I tend to drag snipe a lot and with my sensitivity up so high it can make it pretty difficult.

Siad I'd buy Bloodborne so I've also just forked out for a set of Kontrol Freaks too :)

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I have my sens up to about 5 and sometimes I find it a bit too high.

I was originally using 5 - but then I got too MLG for 5 :pac:

Siad I'd buy Bloodborne so I've also just forked out for a set of Kontrol Freaks too :)

Nice. I've the Galaxy ones and the KontrolFreek grips on one controller and the CQC Signature's on the second (Second controller is for the likes of Far Cry Primal). Using a controller with the KontrolFreeks just feels weird at this stage.

Was thinking of buying one of those Kontrol Freaks grips, I'm a former Xbox 360 user and the Xbox controllers are far more comfortable.

The grips are really comfortable. No more sweaty controller palm syndrome to worry about.

Next purchase is a scuff...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was thinking of buying one of those Kontrol Freaks grips, I'm a former Xbox 360 user and the Xbox controllers are far more comfortable.

I've a set on top of the press here for Xbox. If they fit the PS4 you can have them.

The grips are really comfortable. No more sweaty controller palm syndrome to worry about.

Next purchase is a scuff...:rolleyes:

Xbox one Elite pad is so much better than a scuff.

If Sony did something similar it would be a big hit I'd say.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Xbox one Elite pad is so much better than a scuff.

If Sony did something similar it would be a big hit I'd say.

It would yeah. I've no ACTUAL intention of buying a scuff, not at 200 quid. Thanks but no thanks.

I've a set on top of the press here for Xbox. If they fit the PS4 you can have them.

The grips for PS are completely different. Alot more curves to accommodate.

The grips for PS are completely different. Alot more curves to accommodate.

Were you not referring to the Kontrol Freakz Thumbstick Grips? That's what I have a spare pack of.

Were you not referring to the Kontrol Freakz Thumbstick Grips? That's what I have a spare pack of.

Ah right. The PS Thumbstick are slightly bigger so they won't fit either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Hey all,

Noticed on a few sniping videos and was also looking at /r/CruciblePlaybook - a lot of the guys who I would consider top snipers seem to have their look sensitivity turned way down.

Their pre-aim game is strong, after that only small adjustments so they don't need high sensitivity.

I've started doing the daily with 2 snipers and running around practising pre-aiming, think it's helped quite a bit plus it makes the runs a little less of a grind. I've also been using this method when going through the quests with the old missions on my alts.

I've all but given up on sniping in PvP, I'll do it for the laugh every now and then but it's not my favourite way to engage.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Their pre-aim game is strong, after that only small adjustments so they don't need high sensitivity.

I've started doing the daily with 2 snipers and running around practising pre-aiming, think it's helped quite a bit plus it makes the runs a little less of a grind. I've also been using this method when going through the quests with the old missions on my alts.

I've all but given up on sniping in PvP, I'll do it for the laugh every now and then but it's not my favourite way to engage.

I've brought my sensitivity down from 9 to 4 and I'm hitting alot more snipe headshots not.

I'm so used to run and gun it's completely different hanging back and still needs time to adjust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:

What is pre-aiming exactly? Are you running NLB with your sniper?

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    What is pre-aiming exactly? Are you running NLB with your sniper?

Pre Aiming is where you line the up the cross hair on your target before you ADS to minimise the movement required once scoped in.

Advertisement