Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best vendor PvP sniper:

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    Are you running NLB with your sniper?

Yep, treated myself to a year 2 NLB as it was the last year 1 exotic I received and I had never really given it a proper go. Using it and another sniper for missions is an easy way to practice and keeps the missions interesting, for that extra edge add quick reload gauntlets and you're all set.

If you have quests to do on your alts I recommend giving it a go for the pre TTK missions to give them a new feel and working you're way to harder stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AdamD wrote: »
    Vendor Antinomy XVI is lovely but you need to be able to revive snipe in Trials. Also being able to 1 hit bodyshot people who have taken a small amount of damage is very helpful too. For those reasons 1000 Yard Stare is untouchable. Vendor rolls okay on it. Luckily I rolled Shortgaze and Snapshot/Quickdraw on one I got from the Cryptarch.

What middle tree perks? You'll want to use Shortgaze there anyway.

Antinomy can now res snipe. Would recommend picking up the vendor one now in case the rolls change on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have a whole bunch of Snipers (like 6?) from the Gunsmith of varying achetypes, might wait till the dust settles here post-patch and let ye tell me which are the winners and losers.

Waiting for the patch notes myself. They were fairly ambiguous regarding the scopes. On stream they said named 3 scopes which were getting nerfed but on the website its:

'Increase base zoom distance on the lowest range sniper scopes. Medium to long range scopes are untouched
    Increase base zoom distance on Sniper Rifles that did not have Optics enhancing scope nodes: Hereafter, Black Spindle, Patience & Time, Stillpiercer'

If guns like Eirene and Antinomy remain untouched they will be the best as they'll have the lowest zoom. Antinomy god roll is for sale from the vendor and most people have Eirene with low zoom scope, snapshot and unflinching from the whole LiTC fiasco.

Pffffft, now I have even more reason to take the Gaze, i find it hard hitting Golgoroths stomach as it is now :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Just píssed away all my marks yesterday buying my Warlock and Hunter the full FWC and DO gear sets... I regret nothing!

Might see if I'll get enough marks tonight from ToO to buy this.

Any idea if Weyloran's March will be up to the job, post patch?

It won't res snipe and doesn't even 2 bodyshot kill, just a pointless archetype of sniper.

Ah right, infusion fuel then suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

It won't res snipe and doesn't even 2 bodyshot kill, just a pointless archetype of sniper.

I used it a bit in Iron Banner, and the aim assist on it is ridiculous. Res sniping only comes into play in Trials, it's rare enough to see it in Skirmish or Salvage. It does 100 damage to the body, so it will two shot all but max armour guardians (full armour striker, or a full armour warlock wearing the Ram).

I didn't love using it, but I think it's workable in many game modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Serbian wrote: »
    I used it a bit in Iron Banner, and the aim assist on it is ridiculous. Res sniping only comes into play in Trials, it's rare enough to see it in Skirmish or Salvage. It does 100 damage to the body, so it will two shot all but max armour guardians (full armour striker, or a full armour warlock wearing the Ram).

I used it in IB too, and found it a nice gun to use. Still a 1 shot head shot. Outside of weekly Trials or the regular elimination/doubles, res sniping is a non issue.

If your someone who is not a regular Trials player, and you are happy and comfortable using Weyloran's, then it's viable.

• Advertisement

I used it in Patrol (seriously) and it was **** :pac:

Like I couldn't hit anything with it.

I'm just laughing here in work cause everyones like "was it viable in end game PvP content" and I'm like "dunno, this level 4 Dreg was really working me over though"

:pac:

Serbian wrote: »

I used it in IB too, and found it a nice gun to use. Still a 1 shot head shot. Outside of weekly Trials or the regular elimination/doubles, res sniping is a non issue.

If your someone who is not a regular Trials player, and you are happy and comfortable using Weyloran's, then it's viable.
    Worth noting that the 1KYS does way more damage on a bodyshot which I find helps me pick up a lot of kills on slightly damaged enemies, and can also 1 hit headshot roaming supers.

I think aim assist is slightly over rated. There's not much difference between 70 and 50, its not like they're definitive amounts, its a scale and 0 would still be the destiny base aim assist which is high already.

Worth noting that the 1KYS does way more damage on a bodyshot which I find helps me pick up a lot of kills on slightly damaged enemies, and can also 1 hit headshot roaming supers.

I think aim assist is slightly over rated. There's not much difference between 70 and 50, its not like they're definitive amounts, its a scale and 0 would still be the destiny base aim assist which is high already.

Not disputing anything you say here, just don't understand a gun being written off cause it can't do one thing in 1 game mode.

If your the type of player to res snipe, and I would put myself in that bracket for the few times I've run trials, your already used to hardscoping, so using Weyloran's outside of trials, where it is still a 1SHS (just made that up) is viable. No, it's not 1KYS which will allow 2 bodyshots if your aim is off, but if your aim is good, it, along withh all other snipers will be 1SHS.

Not disputing anything you say here, just don't understand a gun being written off cause it can't do one thing in 1 game mode.

If your the type of player to res snipe, and I would put myself in that bracket for the few times I've run trials, your already used to hardscoping, so using Weyloran's outside of trials, where it is still a 1SHS (just made that up) is viable. No, it's not 1KYS which will allow 2 bodyshots if your aim is off, but if your aim is good, it, along withh all other snipers will be 1SHS.

1KYS gives me the option to choose to bodyshot players who don't have full health, its not really an aim thing, mine is arguably pretty good but I still choose to bodyshot pretty frequently because the margin for error is way higher. I'd go as low as Glass Promontory (impact wise) which is a guaranteed 2 hit bodyshot and still has a very fast rate of fire with good hidden stats. I just don't think Weylorans is a good gun/archetype. I used to be all about Praedyth's but once you get used to the level of damage the high impact snipers do its difficult to justify lower ones.

I suppose my main point would be - 1KYS is a decent sniper, that does everything you want, has some great scopes. Weylorans March is good but not as good as 1KYS.

Unless you get really lucky and get dropped a god roll Weylorans March, there's no real point using it over 1KYS.

It's much easier to get dropped a decent rolled 1KYS, than Weylorans March.

Some people really like low-impact snipers because they can rattle off a lot of shots quickly, I don't, my play style is to go for the headshot, try to improve my sniping, rather than panic sniping (which I do even with 1KYS).

I'd much rather stick to a 1KYS and practice with it in as many game modes, so when I do get the chance to snipe someone out of a super, I can (did it twice in Trials this week :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

1KYS gives me the option to choose to bodyshot players who don't have full health, its not really an aim thing, mine is arguably pretty good but I still choose to bodyshot pretty frequently because the margin for error is way higher. I'd go as low as Glass Promontory (impact wise) which is a guaranteed 2 hit bodyshot and still has a very fast rate of fire with good hidden stats. I just don't think Weylorans is a good gun/archetype. I used to be all about Praedyth's but once you get used to the level of damage the high impact snipers do its difficult to justify lower ones.

You just answered a question I was about to pose. Finally got the Glass promontory to drop last night and was wondering if it would get a kill with 2 body shots.

I tried the Weylorans but didn't really warm to it. The 1KYS is a little more forgiving to my dodgy sniping due to the high impact and being able to clean up quicker with a primary (or second body shot) after missing a head shot. If you can land head-shots consistently then I can see it (Weylorans) being viable in regular crucible - but it is just not for me!

I suppose my main point would be - 1KYS is a decent sniper, that does everything you want, has some great scopes. Weylorans March is good but not as good as 1KYS.

Unless you get really lucky and get dropped a god roll Weylorans March, there's no real point using it over 1KYS.

It's much easier to get dropped a decent rolled 1KYS, than Weylorans March.

Some people really like low-impact snipers because they can rattle off a lot of shots quickly, I don't, my play style is to go for the headshot, try to improve my sniping, rather than panic sniping (which I do even with 1KYS).

I'd much rather stick to a 1KYS and practice with it in as many game modes, so when I do get the chance to snipe someone out of a super, I can (did it twice in Trials this week :)).

My main sniper is 1KYS, I would use it over any other sniper given the option. All I'm saying is, if you can consistently hit headshots, any sniper, if it feels comfortable to use, is viable in regular crucible.

I used Weyloran's in IB after hitting 5 on all 3. I was grinding for the cloak (which never dropped), and thought I'd give the IB weapons a shot. Wasn't expecting much from the Sniper, but I managed to do ok with it off the bat, so with consistent use I could see myself getting used to how it handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Posted this in April update thread, more suited here :

Is Her Benevolence coming back?

Ain't seen anything to say it is, it was my go to Sniper before 1K Yard Stare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Fieldog wrote: »
    Posted this in April update thread, more suited here :

Is Her Benevolence coming back?

Ain't seen anything to say it is, it was my go to Sniper before 1K Yard Stare

Yep, I believe it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I picked up the Her Fury sniper last night, on its lowest zoom/range settings I can see back to the birth of the universe, don't see it being too useful in PvP :/

• Advertisement

Used Antinomy last night, felt decent. Was cleaning up with my Answering Chord auto.

Used Antinomy last night, felt decent. Was cleaning up with my Answering Chord auto.

Tried it a bit over the weekend - found it very hard to use actually.

I'm not sure of it's the Hakke scope or the large amount of recoil, but I just wasn't doing well with it. But my sniping game seemed way off altogether this weekend, was body shotting everyone in Crucible but missing my headshots.

I'm already back to my old 1KYS, just too used to it. Used Glass Promontory a little bit too but just didn't put enough time in to fully get used to the different handling speed etc.

I got a Longbow synthesis to drop over the weekend. Perks I got were shortgaze, last resort, hidden hand & perfect balance. Which is a better roll than I have on my 1KYS and it has more stability. Is there a reason people want this sniper so much, on Reddit and like; or is it just nostalgia?

It has the best base stats of all the high impact snipers - aim assist, handling etc.

I'd say I've opened about 15-18 crucible weeklys or packages and not seen a single sniper!

I'd say I've opened about 15-18 crucible weeklys or packages and not seen a single sniper!

I saw a clip on youtube last night where they were saying that to boost your chances of getting a sniper you should equip a low level special before opening the package. The logic being that RNG will be weighted more in favour of specials to help you level up.
    Myself, I don't think that it makes a difference. I have got 2 snipers to drop from about 6-7 packages and I would have equipped my highest light gear before opening.

Advertisement