Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to transfer CC transactions to Excel

Options
  • 13-01-2016 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi

Since your latest move to enforce eStatements, my credit card transactions for previous statements are only now displayed in PDF format.  It used to be possible to copy/paste transactions into Excel, and after a bit of manipulation filter the transactions as required.  Unless I've missed something, this is now no longer possible as the statement is rendered as a PDF document.

Can I have the ability to quickly transfer transactions re-instated?  I do tend to have quite a lot of CC transactions (due no transaction charge).

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think BoI have removed this feature. Like the last poster, people require data in formats that they can easily analyse and import into other software.  Please put this back, no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Red Alert wrote: »
    I think BoI have removed this feature. Like the last poster, people require data in formats that they can easily analyse and import into other software.  Please put this back, no excuse.
    Agreed.   Shouldn't be difficult to have an export option that would spit the transactions out in CSV format...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi All,

Thanks for posting here.

We’re aware that it’s no longer an option to copy and paste transactions to excel. You can of course print or download your statement and check transaction this way.

All Customers who are registered for Banking 365 Online are automatically been switched to estatements, however you do have the option to switch back to paper statements. To do this you go Manage accounts, Manage statements and select the option to switch to paper statements.

Thanks,
    Tara C

Hi All,

Thanks for posting here.

We’re aware that it’s no longer an option to copy and paste transactions to excel. You can of course print or download your statement and check transaction this way.

All Customers who are registered for Banking 365 Online are automatically been switched to estatements, however you do have the option to switch back to paper statements. To do this you go Manage accounts, Manage statements and select the option to switch to paper statements.

Thanks,
    Tara C
    Tara

thanks.  I saw that mentioned however I only see two options:
    • eStatements and Paper
    • eStatements only
    [*]

I'm currently on eStatements and Paper, which is giving the issue reported.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants to filter and sort transactions outside of the BOI system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi WicklowTiger,

Thanks for coming back to us.

While the export to excel option is available for current accounts, this was not previously a service available for Credit Card accounts. As you correctly mentioned, there was a work around for this by manipulating the data and copying and pasting to excel. However, with the recent online updates for customers, I'm afraid your online statements will now only appear as eStatements.

We are sorry to hear that this deployment has affected your online use. Please be assured that we appreciate all our customers feedback and we will certainly pass on your comments to our online development team for future reviews.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have been waiting for boards to come back on line so that I could log in to express my dissatisfaction with this 'improvement'! Like the above posters, I like to keep track of my expenditure in a budget spreadsheet and having this data locked in to a PDF does not allow this. Please pass my comments on too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Poochie05,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're very sorry to hear you're unhappy with the recent updates on Banking 365 Online. We will of course pass your feedback on to our Development Team.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Splat_Mc

Good Afternoon,

I would also like to express my disappointment at not being able to extract credit card transactions directly from the banking 365online website.  For the previous 10 years, I have extracted the transactions directly from the website to Excel.  As part of our own financial planning and management, I would like to continue to be able to do this into the future as, I am sure, are many other 365online customers.

I would appreciate if the website developers could prioritise this enhancement as soon as possible, or revert back to the former method were the data could be extracted directly from the website.

Regards

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Splat_Mac (Pat)

We'll certainly forward on your feedback to our Online Development Team and appreciate the time taken today to get in touch.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Splat_Mc wrote: »
    Good Afternoon,

I would also like to express my disappointment at not being able to extract credit card transactions directly from the banking 365online website.  For the previous 10 years, I have extracted the transactions directly from the website to Excel.  As part of our own financial planning and management, I would like to continue to be able to do this into the future as, I am sure, are many other 365online customers.

I would appreciate if the website developers could prioritise this enhancement as soon as possible, or revert back to the former method were the data could be extracted directly from the website.

Regards

Pat
    It's pretty bad that it's been over a month since I raised the issue and nothing meaningful in response.   Don't hold your breath!

• Advertisement
Advertisement