Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicky Byrne to sing at Eurovision

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

It could have been Tubridy.

Tubs could be used like a skiffle washboard with his emaciated ribs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I'm someone who believes the voting blocs largely decided that, although having said that many of the songs were like this years entry, bland.

To win Eurovision your entry has to stand out, not blend in.

We probably would have more hope if we sent a transgender person of east European extraction with a half decent song. That would tick at least a couple boxes.

Was pantywhatistsface busy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

The song is more like darkness than sunlight. In any case why is Nicky Byrne getting promoted right, left & centre anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tubs could be used like a skiffle washboard with his emaciated ribs

Now that I would watch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ah feck.

I though the recession was over but it turns out we still can't afford to win Eurovision :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

"My lovely horse running through the. .................. field "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭satguy

I don't care about the Eurovision, I really don't care about who sings the song, It's just about the dresses and the lady beards these days anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

The song is more like darkness than sunlight. In any case why is Nicky Byrne getting promoted right, left & centre anyway?

Seems to be on his way to becoming the new RTE golden boy alright, the new Ryan Tubridy.

FF connections definitely seem to help in RTE.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's an inoffensive number that might get out of the semis but will go nowhere on the big night.

I heard that Panti will be doing the Irish vote announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

The song title rhymes with my 1st thoughts listening to it. Sunlight/ loadash!te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

When we sent a turkey puppet to the Eurovision, we insulted them all, and ensured that we will never win it again. The puppet was a disgraceful thing to do. It was a two fingers to the contest, and it was very insulting. Give an honest effort or don't bother. That puppet was not an honest effort. We're wasting our time entering from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

We should do a Lordy and send some heavy metal outfit or ask Les Claypool to represent us

It's not the type of song I'd generally listen to but for Eurovision it's grand, the lyrics are cringey but the tune is quite catchy. And let's be honest, we've sent worse*! Nicky Byrne actually seems like a sound enough fella, definitely less of a knob than Brian McFadden or Kian Egan, so I wish him well.

*Not 2015; I genuinely think Molly Sterling's entry last year was criminally underrated, and the best we've sent since Eimear Quinn's "The Voice" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I'm really surprised they didn't go all out and send Daniel ODonnell.

One way ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

We should do a Lordy and send some heavy metal outfit or ask Les Claypool to represent us

Get him to perform Wynona's Big Brown Beaver :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Get him to perform Wynona's Big Brown Beaver :D

or John Wayne is big leggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Mr.S wrote: »
    Because sending someone via public auditions worked out so well.....

Yes, Did You ever hear of the National song contest? It was responsible for the first 5 of our 7 wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I think we should send the Rubberbandits.

Advertisement