Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I can join if numbers are needed. Can run any class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Cormac, set up an event and invite us (I'm free from about 7.30/8)

I haven't ever used "Events" tbh. I'll leave it your capable hands. I'm in work and genuinely thinking about heading home early cause I feel sick

They (Linksenn & ProjecdtUdyr) said they'd be on at 9:30/10pm

If I am up and about I'll join ye :)

Speaking of which, what does an "Event" actually do? I've seen it mentioned before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭weiland79

It seems I've gotten myself and The40watt mixed up with 2 other lads needing help with the raid. We have the same checkpoint and would appreciate some help this evening if anyone can.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Speaking of which, what does an "Event" actually do? I've seen it mentioned before

Basically, you create the "event" it will ask all players to register for it. You can then set it to autojoin the party etc as soon as the start time is available etc.
    Its handy to use expecially for chat etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Not too sure if 10 is a wee bit too later, whats everyone thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I should be on early enough, for the night (provided the the miniknaves don't decide on a late night stroll), so anytime is fine for me. I'll be pisin about with Gunsmith weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

I'll be on later if you're looking for bodies to make up the numbers.

The lads said 9:30pm to 10pm.

So ye'll have enough for 2 runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Whether I am on tonight depends on the other half. She has been working nights the last two nights, so I plan on spending her awake time tonight chatting and watching tv with her. However, as she has been working the last two nights her 'awake' time could end at 9pm, with a lot of napping before hand! If i'm on i'll look to help, til it is my own bed time (11pm sharp!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Has anyone found Oryx very glitchy this week?
    I've gotten to the stage about 5 or 6 times where I detonated all bombs but Oryx health didn't reach 0...
    On 1 run we detonated 18 bombs (2 ogres teleported and left their bombs away from the others, so we did another run) and it didn't take all of his health.

I've gotten to the stage about 5 or 6 times where I detonated all bombs but Oryx health didn't reach 0...
    On 1 run we detonated 18 bombs (2 ogres teleported and left their bombs away from the others, so we did another run) and it didn't take all of his health.

Ran it 3 times already this week and not a bother with regards to glitches or anything like that.

If you detonate all bombs, and the guy putting DPS on Oryx isn't doing his job - what happens?
    Does Oryx slam, or does he just not lose all health?

Ran it twice. First was night of the weapon balance. Couldn't get it.

Last night? Perfect. No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

say you have 4 bombs but 1 is away from the other 3 to the point you have to run in a circle to make sure they detonate. I find something weird happens in that instance. It once showed up I detonated 8 bombs when the death screen popped up.

Ran it with a group from LFG last night and they had a great setup.

Titan and Hunter in centre - both using Sleeper Stimulant.
    Hunter uses Shadowshot with Quiver and Predator to trap ogres 1-3 as they spawn.
    Titan uses Blessing of light or Weapons.

They were MELTING the ogres, the ogres weren't even fully standing and they were down...

If you detonate all bombs, and the guy putting DPS on Oryx isn't doing his job - what happens?
    Does Oryx slam, or does he just not lose all health?

He regains the favour of the darkness, closes his chest and friendzones you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Titan and Hunter in centre - both using Sleeper Stimulant. Hunter uses Shadowshot with Quiver and Predator to trap ogres 1-3 as they spawn. Titan uses Blessing of light or Weapons.

They were MELTING the ogres, the ogres weren't even fully standing and they were down...

Make sure the host is solid with their connection!

Also, I'm liking the sound of all of that!! ^^^^^^^^^ send newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So is anyone available to help myself and Weiland through The Sisters and Oryx tonight? Both online now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

So did my first raid last night; thanks to the lads for the explanations (particular shout out to JohnnyCivic, CDP, Never_Midnight and Walshy) and so forth. Managed to get my light up by 7 points over the course of one evening.

• Advertisement

So is anyone available to help myself and Weiland through The Sisters and Oryx tonight? Both online now.

Did you get it done in the end last night?
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    So did my first raid last night; thanks to the lads for the explanations (particular shout out to JohnnyCivic, CDP, Never_Midnight and Walshy) and so forth. Managed to get my light up by 7 points over the course of one evening.

No problem at all dude, its great to get the big man down and out :D Did you get any nice bits and pieces in CoE after?

No problem at all dude, its great to get the big man down and out :D Did you get any nice bits and pieces in CoE after?

Got a techeun rage and a witness helm; kept the helm and ditched the fusion rifle... The helm came in a 310 which was handy.

Will probably get my defender class up through campaign mode for a little bit; from what Im seeing its pretty essential to have it there for the bubble.

Got a techeun rage and a witness helm; kept the helm and ditched the fusion rifle... The helm came in a 310 which was handy.

Will probably get my defender class up through campaign mode for a little bit; from what Im seeing its pretty essential to have it there for the bubble.

The bubble is pretty handy for most of the raid. Make sure to do your CoE today after reset so you can get a new weapon and piece of armour too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

We managed to get past The Sisters and had a few unsuccessful runs against Oryx. It was past midnight then so we called it a night.

We had 3 people in the fireteam doing it for the first time so I think we did okay. I certainly have the mechanics down now for The Sisters. And I think overall for the other bosses in the Raid I have a fair idea of what to do.

I'll try and get it done fully over the next week.

The bubble is pretty handy for most of the raid. Make sure to do your CoE today after reset so you can get a new weapon and piece of armour too :)

Ha well im planning on doing it a bit earlier; didnt finish up til bout 1.30 last night .

whats the chance of it dropping the same reward?

ALL CHALLENGE MODES ARE ACTIVE THIS WEEK.

so all fragments can be got from the raid this week.

Is that you Closersolid?

ALL CHALLENGE MODES ARE ACTIVE THIS WEEK.

so all fragments can be got from the raid this week.

Wow. Fair play Bungo. One final attempt to help those in need.

Is that you Closersolid?

It is indeed.

• Advertisement

It is indeed.

Do you have the small headset thing that comes with the PS4? That has a mic

Do you have the small headset thing that comes with the PS4? That has a mic

He had a headset for last nights raid in the end :D

Ah very good, cause I forgot I had that headset cause it was still in the PS4 box myself :P

Right lads, Fresh raid running all Challenges for the loot @ 9PM tonight, whos in for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Right lads, Fresh raid running all Challenges for the loot @ 9PM tonight, whos in for it?

Might do if ye don't mind toing and froing from the postmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Sure sure sure

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Might do if ye don't mind toing and froing from the postmaster.

Thats all good with me Dude, Might grab alternate CP's then for specific frags that any of the lads need :D

Also for the absolute hilarity of it I will stream our attempt on twitch so if anyone wants to see a riad live in action they can :P

Count me in. Should be on by 9

I'll be on from 9 myself so Im down...
    Ah very good, cause I forgot I had that headset cause it was still in the PS4 box myself :P

Ha, would you believe thats where I found it!

Right ladies and wilderbeasts, we have 5 so far for the Live Stream Loot Pinata, 1 more space available :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Right ladies and wilderbeasts, we have 5 so far for the Live Stream Loot Pinata, 1 more space available

I'll go

• Advertisement

*COUGH
    Ahem - Borderlands arranged for tonight....
    *COUGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

*COUGH
    *COUGH

Todays Tuesday, he's ours.

*COUGH
    *COUGH

2 SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR TONIGHTS NON STREAMED LOOT PINATA

*COUGH
    *COUGH

Was it not wednesday/Thursday agreed?

Was it not wednesday/Thursday agreed?

Nope - Tuesday 8-11.

2 SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR TONIGHTS NON STREAMED LOOT PINATA

Whats a loot pinata?

Nope - Tuesday 8-11.

OK I'm double booked so 1 space for the loot Pinata (raid) - non streamed :P

I'll stream a raid tomorrow night haha

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'd be up for a raid this evening.

Whats a loot pinata?

I normally say Oryx on Hard Challenge mode..... but in this instance, it's the whole raid :pac:

Whats a loot pinata?

On the challenge mode for each of Warpriest / Goggleballs / Oryx you get double loot chests. If done correctly

• Advertisement
Advertisement