Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Has anyone run Kings Fall at higher light since ROI dropped? If so is it far easier now?

A few lads ran it the other night. I was doing it too but jumped out to do the new raid.

I got as far as Totems and didn't notice that much of a difference in terms of difficulty. We wiped a few times there before I departed.

CDB, Kaiser, n-o-cal and a few others continued on after that. Afaik they got as far as Oryx

Cormac... wrote: »
    Might have 1 or 2 spaces for Death Zamboni later (358+).
    Maybe 1 spot for final boss (368+).
    Lemme know if interested
    Not sure what the plan is yet tbh.

I'm only at 365 now (will try and lvl up a bit more this evening) but would love to get the final boss done, so if you're stuck for numbers let me know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dude and Co, we going for a fresh run on the raid tonight? I have all chest locations down (We missed just 1) and I know all 5 monitor locations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Dude and Co, we going for a fresh run on the raid tonight? I have all chest locations down (We missed just 1) and I know all 5 monitor locations

Put me down as sub if ye have your 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Dude and Co, we going for a fresh run on the raid tonight? I have all chest locations down (We missed just 1) and I know all 5 monitor locations :P

Throw my name down again anyway Jonny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If there's space I'm up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm looking to do a fresh raid from 7:30pm (or thereabouts, depends who's ready) if others are around then.

Have all the stuff down now except the damn final boss :/

Might knock out the Nightfall 1st to get a potential 365+ drop if time permits

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm looking to do a fresh raid from 7:30pm (or thereabouts, depends who's ready) if others are around then.

Have all the stuff down now except the damn final boss :/

Might knock out the Nightfall 1st to get a potential 365+ drop if time permits

Well it is first come first served, so we have 4 so far for raid, I was hoping to kick off at 8 if thats ok? (Cant guarantee Ill be home to kick off at 7:30)

Well it is first come first served, so we have 4 so far for raid, I was hoping to kick off at 8 if thats ok? (Cant guarantee Ill be home to kick off at 7:30)

I'm easy man, I know Conovar and myself were thinking 7:30 so we can either:

1) Wrap it up early with our tail between our legs after being crushed by the boss
    2) Have a good run of time to practice the boss
    3) The classic: Have Lag/Disconnects add a good hour to the raid time overall :o

So we can probably run 2 groups I'd say.

I'd be loath to use the term "Race" though if we have the Terry/JCD/Hoch combo :D

It's like playing russian roulette as to who will have the internet s**t itself as we're 80% through an encounter -_-

That being said, JCD seems to have fixed his internet. Last week we were doing the 1st boss and he was at like 0.1mbs :pac:

I was a broken man there on Saturday. The Wrath of the Machine was Vodafone Broadband

I'm easy man, I know Conovar and myself were thinking 7:30 so we can either:

1) Wrap it up early with our tail between our legs after being crushed by the boss
    2) Have a good run of time to practice the boss
    3) The classic: Have Lag/Disconnects add a good hour to the raid time overall :o

So we can probably run 2 groups I'd say.

I'd be loath to use the term "Race" though if we have the Terry/JCD/Hoch combo :D

It's like playing russian roulette as to who will have the internet s**t itself as we're 80% through an encounter -_-

That being said, JCD seems to have fixed his internet. Last week we were doing the 1st boss and he was at like 0.1mbs :pac:

I was a broken man there on Saturday. The Wrath of the Machine was Vodafone Broadband

Grand so you and conovar too, that means we have 1 last space for the raid :D

Yeah the boss can be a pain but the ads werent too bad now im at 365 so I am hoping to get the boss down at least once this week :P

I will aim to be on for 7:30 but we will see later haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Would anyone be up for a later run through? Say 10 / 10 turty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm all for option 2. I said it last night, I'd be delighted to get through one successful rotation of shanks, servitors, and stun stage with everyone still standing. I want the practice on him to boost the confidence.

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm all for option 2. I said it last night, I'd be delighted to get through one successful rotation of shanks, servitors, and stun stage with everyone still standing. I want the practice on him to boost the confidence.

Good man thats a full team of 6 so, aiming for 7:30 but could be closer to 8 :)

Death Zamboni spoiler
    You can skip the Siege Engine encounter entitely and still get the chest. Personally, I won't be doing that. I want to play the video game, not glitch out to get rewards, it's not my scene

Good man thats a full team of 6 so, aiming for 7:30 but could be closer to 8 :)

I'm aiming for 7:30..... so I'll be on around 9 :pac:

I'm aiming for 7:30..... so I'll be on around 9 :pac:

Here you should be aiming for 5:30 (PCT)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone up for a raid at 8pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

Anyone up for a raid at 8pm?

I'd be game for an earlier raid. Should have numbers for a 2nd group?

Conar wrote: »
    I'd be game for an earlier raid. Spewed have numbers for a 2nd group?

I would imagine you could easily have 4 or 5 groups running it later on tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I'd stick my name down too if there's a spot. Am 369 at the moment. Might be able to increase it with NF, CoE & shaxx rank up before ye start. Dunno how useful/useless id be though

jackrussel wrote: »
    I'd stick my name down too if there's a spot. Am 369 at the moment. Might be able to increase it with NF, CoE & shaxx rank up before ye start. Dunno how useful/useless id be though

I'm 366, you'll be fine.
    3 spaces for raid at 8pm.

I'm 366, you'll be fine.
    3 spaces for raid at 8pm.

Yup, for the encounter all the way up to the last boss second phase I was around 352-357 and found no issues. It was on the 2nd phase of the final boss where my LL held me back but since I went to 365 the ads are far easier to take down.

So I would suggest anything floating around 355 is perfect for starting the raid.

So I would suggest anything floating around 355 is perfect for starting the raid.

Lemme just put that part in Bold.

That last fella is a serious messer altogether

At least you get 2-4 (key dependant) drops between those stages

Lemme just put that part in Bold.

That last fella is a serious messer altogether

At least you get 2-4 (key dependant) drops between those stages

Oh yeah the start is forgiving but not the end so 365+ for the last phase of the boss would be minimum tbh.

We should probably start committing to groups Raid wise.
    Otherwise people can start getting awful cranky.
    Especially when they are left in the lurch as people they were meant to be raiding with move into another group.

• Advertisement

We should probably start committing to groups Raid wise.
    Otherwise people can start getting awful cranky.
    Especially when they are left in the lurch as people they were meant to be raiding with move into another group.

Yeah but with the way our groups work with times etc it would be very hard to tie it down. Like all last week it was the same 4 or 5 on our team with subs coming in as necessary.

What's wrong with letting people raid with people when they're ready? If you have 6 on a Wednesday 8pm that differs from Tuesday 8pm have at it. The number of people who are able to kick off a raid early outweighs those of us latebirds. But, on the off chance that a latebird is able and ready to go early, this individual is essentially forced to wait. Now, I'm not saying pick this individual over one of "The 6" if all 6 are available, but concrete locking of raid teams seems counter to what we as a community have going at the moment.

One space left for my raid group at 8pm.

Currently
    Sniper_samurai
    SirConar
    Kaiser69r
    Johnny Reynolds
    Totzire

What's wrong with letting people raid with people when they're ready? If you have 6 on a Wednesday 8pm that differs from Tuesday 8pm have at it. The number of people who are able to kick off a raid early outweighs those of us latebirds. But, on the off chance that a latebird is able and ready to go early, this individual is essentially forced to wait. Now, I'm not saying pick this individual over one of "The 6" if all 6 are available, but concrete locking of raid teams seems counter to what we as a community have going at the moment.

Thats why i still go with the first come first served approach. Its fairer overall.

Thats why i still go with the first come first served approach. Its fairer overall.

Exactly. If your ready and there's a spot hop in.

• Advertisement

There's talk of 3 groups running at 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00. I have no issue pulling someone in when someones late, that makes sense. My issue is with people who go early and leave the team they committed to later on short members.

It's frustrating being on the receiving end of it, and I am speaking from experience here. I've had times when I log in and low and behold it's me and the 2 newbies and the rest have magically ended up in a different group and the PS4 Chat did not reflect why and you don't even get a "hey I have to bate off early, so gonna go with X's group, sorry man" heads up.

Simply put, I think it's a bit of an unfair move to make.

When you end up in scenarios (and this has happened) where you have ~14 Sherpas and ~4 newbies and all of a sudden crunch time comes and It's 2 groups with 5 sherpas each and 1 newbie each and me sitting there in Orbit with 2 newbies basically spamming/begging in chat for help. I don't think that's cool.
    I know a lot of people are happy to just go "Ah well, sorry new guys, looks like it ain't happening tonight" and what not, but I don't think thats fair (especially since some people make a concentrated effort to be available).

I mean even if people here can say "I'm available at X and Y but would prefer to go at X", fair enough

Essentially, I understand what you're saying Solvable, but looking over from the other side of the fence I can't say I 100% agree. But I am projecting a bit, so I'll digress.

This all relates to sherpa running more so anyway I guess, but same principles.

Both times I've run the raid so far have been instances where I hadn't a place 'booked' in advance. I had my name down for the first run in a group, grinded like a madman to get my level up, and lost out because a guy was like half a light level above me when raid time came, which is just as frustrating as being left in the lurch with half a fireteam and unable to fill it.

I dunno what the best way to go about making the whole thing fairer would be. Maybe instead of committing to a specific group beforehand, everyone who intends to raid on a given evening put their names down and when its determined how many there are, groups are set up according to what time suits people best.

Maybe instead of committing to a specific group beforehand, everyone who intends to raid on a given evening put their names down and when its determined how many there are, groups are set up according to what time suits people best.

That's kind of what I was getting at in a very round about way

Like I understand "1st come, 1st served" but I was hoping to have a balance of Experience and "newbies" in my group (like 4/2)
    I had my name down for the first run in a group, grinded like a madman to get my level up, and lost out because a guy was like half a light level above me when raid time came,

That was an unusual one, as I said in the chat, there was 9 of us there and 6 spots. It was a uniquely s**t situation tbh

There's talk of 3 groups running at 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00. I have no issue pulling someone in when someones late, that makes sense. My issue is with people who go early and leave the team they committed to later on short members.

It's frustrating being on the receiving end of it, and I am speaking from experience here. I've had times when I log in and low and behold it's me and the 2 newbies and the rest have magically ended up in a different group and the PS4 Chat did not reflect why and you don't even get a "hey I have to bate off early, so gonna go with X's group, sorry man" heads up.

Simply put, I think it's a bit of an unfair move to make.

When you end up in scenarios (and this has happened) where you have ~14 Sherpas and ~4 newbies and all of a sudden crunch time comes and It's 2 groups with 5 sherpas each and 1 newbie each and me sitting there in Orbit with 2 newbies basically spamming/begging in chat for help. I don't think that's cool.
    I know a lot of people are happy to just go "Ah well, sorry new guys, looks like it ain't happening tonight" and what not, but I don't think thats fair (especially since some people make a concentrated effort to be available).

I mean even if people here can say "I'm available at X and Y but would prefer to go at X", fair enough

Essentially, I understand what you're saying Solvable, but looking over from the other side of the fence I can't say I 100% agree. But I am projecting a bit, so I'll digress.

This all relates to sherpa running more so anyway I guess, but same principles.

Well I do agree with the sherpa runs there dude and the last time you got left with the newbies was completely on me for poor organisation and people not commiting to times.

I think we should set it as first come first served, people should drop off a message if they are going to be late etc (Saturday night I had commited to 8 but with the youngest in hospital I was running late, just dropped a message off to dude and all was well with the world and we were good to roll at 8:30ish :D

Ok, well for clarities sake

7:30pm ACTW:*
    GenericDreadhead
    Conovar
    JCD

So that means 3 spaces (as of now)

*ACTW = Adjusted Cormac Time Window

Well I do agree with the sherpa runs there dude and the last time you got left with the newbies was completely on me for poor organisation and people not commiting to times

It's not the end of the world, but I've been on the receiving end of that now 3-4 times overall so just took this opportunity to say my piece :)

Ok, well for clarities sake

7:30pm ACTW:*
    GenericDreadhead
    Conovar
    JCD

So that means 3 spaces (as of now)

*ACTW = Adjusted Cormac Time Window

******COUGH*******COUGH*********COUGH******* :pac:

was there not 6 already confirmed or has that changed again haha

I thought ye had 5 and then I was speaking in terms of Me+Conovar (I should have made that clear) so that would have made 7?
    Hence why I thought we had 2 groups :confused:

That was an unusual one, as I said in the chat, there was 9 of us there and 6 spots. It was a uniquely s**t situation tbh

Ah yeah, I know. It was made clear anyway that those with highest light levels would be given preference so I can't complain too much about that :)

Is anyone posting about these raids in the PS4 chat btw?

I'm gonna be a real pain in the hole now and say that the 7:30 raid would suit me better than the 8pm one. I should have read further back in the thread to see if there was an earlier one on the go.

I'll be home at 6, want to do nightfall and should be all set by 7:30

I *may* have to collect my brother from the airport after midnight, so that extra half hour could make the world of difference and would be far less stressful :pac:

If I'm locked into the 8pm run now that's fine too, no biggy. It's unlikely but possible that I will need to collect the brother

I thought ye had 5 and then I was speaking in terms of Me+Conovar (I should have made that clear) so that would have made 7?
    Hence why I thought we had 2 groups :confused:

Well i had included you and conovar with all of us, the order was me, goon, varik, you+c then petking :P

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, I know. It was made clear anyway that those with highest light levels would be given preference so I can't complain too much about that :)

I'm gonna be a real pain in the hole now and say that the 7:30 raid would suit me better than the 8pm one. I should have read further back in the thread to see if there was an earlier one on the go.

I'll be home at 6, want to do nightfall and should be all set by 7:30

I *may* have to collect my brother from the airport after midnight, so that extra half hour could make the world of difference and would be far less stressful :pac:

If I'm locked into the 8pm run now that's fine too, no biggy. It's unlikely but possible that I will need to collect the brother

To clear it all up, if goon, varik and totz are good with 7.30 then run ahead. I can swap over to the 8 one with sniper if there is room?

I will grab petking then for 7:30 ish and get a few more heads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

To clear it all up, if goon, varik and totz are good with 7.30 then run ahead.

I will grab petking then for 7:30 ish and get a few more heads :)

I'll stick with the 8pm run with jonny and petking, may have to nip out at 7 for an hour so cant commit to half 7, but well defo be back for 8. If that suits anyway.

Ok, I'll take Totz.

Your pick Johnny, you'll need a goalie

I didn't (but I did post in the smaller sub-chat my group used for scheduling last week, which is redundant now anyway), in case we had a template ready here. Would have just caused further confusion.

At present so, I have a group of 4 (maybe 5 depending on Hoch/JCD)
    I *may* have to collect my brother from the airport after midnight, so that extra half hour could make the world of difference and would be far less stressful

Conovar normally wraps up at 11:30pm anyway, so that makes sense

Ok, I'll take Totz.

Your pick Johnny, you'll need a goalie

Im in stiches now and my monitor is covered in tea :D

Grand, take totz (Kaiser might wanna go with that group too?) and I can bring Varik with me Petking and goon at 8 then :D

Grand, take totz (Kaiser might wanna go with that group too?

Bebop and Rocksteady

So that leaves me with 3-4 confirmed in my group. Anyone else for an 8pm raid

Sniper_samurai
    SirConar
    JohnnyReynolds
    Kaiser69r?

Wanna just do a few rounds of Double Mexico instead lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

goon_magee wrote: »
    I'll stick with the 8pm run with jonny and petking, may have to nip out at 7 for an hour so cant commit to half 7, but well defo be back for 8. If that suits anyway.

Tenner says you throw a message up @ 7:55 saying you're not going to make it.

Updated
    So that leaves my group full. Anyone else for an 8pm raid

Sniper_samurai
    SirConar
    JohnnyReynolds
    Kaiser69r
    noobzerker28
    Toaster

• Advertisement

Anyone up for a fresh raid tonight starting at 8?

Advertisement