Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anyone up for a fresh raid tonight starting at 8?

hmmmmm.... we get all 5 monitors???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jonnycivic wrote: »
    hmmmmm.... we get all 5 monitors???

No harm in going for them anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No harm in going for them anyway.

Well i know them all now :P

Grand I'll bring my hunter so :)

Well i know them all now :P

Grand I'll bring my hunter so :)

I can go hunter or warlock, whichever is required for balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Throw me down for this raid or any other raid if ye want to fiddle around the ft makeup. Running Titan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Never_Midnight

Throw my titan on the list sniper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dunno what the group I was in are planning - we did two runs (that I was involved in) up to the last boss on one and up to after the zamboni.

I would probably be able to get on for an attempt at the boss from 9 if there is interest in that. If it is a third fresh run I'll give it a miss tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Throw me in for that please Sniper.

I can go hunter or warlock, whichever is required for balance.

Can run a titan or a hunter myself, easy either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dunno what the group I was in are planning - we did two runs (that I was involved in) up to the last boss on one and up to after the zamboni.

I would probably be able to get on for an attempt at the boss from 9 if there is interest in that. If it is a third fresh run I'll give it a miss tonight.

We did the bit before the boss after you went off, but if keep that CP I can help you with it later in the week. So I now have 2 CPs at the final Boss

I'd be happy to have a crack off the final boss after 9. ideally 9:30?

I too will save my fresh 3rd run for later, probably Friday as my missus is going out with her friend so I'll be at home and can have a few drinks and try sherpaing

• Advertisement

9.30 (and actually starting then!) would be even better for me. Gives me that bit more time for brownie point earning with the missus!

9.30 (and actually starting then!) would be even better for me. Gives me that bit more time for brownie point earning with the missus!

you dirty dawg :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Getting 3 runs as far as Aksis part 2 is kind of my personal goals at the minute for drops. Serious attempts on him with plenty of time on hand is the next one for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cormac... wrote: »
    We did the bit before the boss after you went off, but if keep that CP I can help you with it later in the week. So I now have 2 CPs at the final Boss

I too will save my fresh 3rd run for later, probably Friday as my missus is going out with her friend so I'll be at home and can have a few drinks and try sherpaing

Did you get him last night, stream ended abruptly.

PetKing wrote: »
    Getting 3 runs as far as Aksis part 2 is kind of my personal goals at the minute for drops. Serious attempts on him with plenty of time on hand is the next one for me.

Yeah thats what im aiming for, get my drops and LL up towards 370 on at least 2 of my chars then spend on night solely on dropping him if we dont drop him during the raid :D

PetKing wrote: »

That was my line of thinking as well, wouldn't mind just getting 3 characters through and then leaving the weekend for continuous attempts at the boss, rather than just have a stab here or there at the end of every run.

goon_magee wrote: »
    That was my line of thinking as well, wouldn't mind just getting 3 characters through and then leaving the weekend for continuous attempts at the boss, rather than just have a stab here or there at the end of every run.

I was thinking Friday night beers and boss raid :P

PlainP wrote: »
    Did you get him last night, stream ended abruptly.

Nope, at that stage I was a bit salty over the connection/BSOD issues we'd been having and I was fairly tired.

We just got to the boss on a 2nd character and called it a night. JCD having his PS4 repeatedly crash really f**ked us tbh (he knows that himself), we were at the boss at like 9pm (maybe 9:30?) and still just couldn't get all 6 of us there for long enough to actually do it.

I didn't have it in me to run that 2nd group through all the mechanics of the boss since the 1st group all of us took time to actually watch the youtube vidoes of how it was done and by the time we were there with the 2nd group it was like 1:30am and it was like "Let's take 20 mins to watch the vids there lads" and I was spent

Think I was mentally checking out at that stage. Destiny burnout :o

On the plus side, I got 2 of my chars to like ~371 which is nice. And I have the CP on the 2 of them too. So not a wasted night by any means :)

I was thinking Friday night beers and boss raid :P

Pretty much read my mind lol I'm definitely game for that :)

So 1 space left for my group at 8. As mentioned we will be going for the monitors.

Confirmed:
    Sniper_samurai
    jonnycivic
    Petking
    Goon
    never midnight

• Advertisement

This needs to happen friday. I'll be game, can i stream it too?

So 1 space left for my group at 8. As mentioned we will be going for the monitors.

Confirmed:
    Sniper_samurai
    jonnycivic
    Petking
    Goon
    never midnight

I think dudeeile is in, ill just check now.

I posted regarding a Raid run attempt at Killing the Final Boss in the PS4 chat for whoever is interested.
    It'll be 9:30pm. Message me on PSN please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I wouldnt mind getting in on a raid.

360 Hunter

Available tonight if there is room

I posted regarding a Raid run attempt at Killing the Final Boss in the PS4 chat for whoever is interested.
    It'll be 9:30pm. Message me on PSN please.

Just on this, I'm gonna give 1st refusal to Wes/Totz/JCD/Nev since they were there for the whole thingy before the actual boss fight fwiw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You can count me in on that, numerous hard completions and a complete set of blue weapons at 365 with all nodes unlocked.
    I think dudeeile is in, ill just check now.

Nope I'd prefer a crack at the boss, my characters are over 370 and I feel now is the time.

Just on this, I'm gonna give 1st refusal to Wes/Totz/JCD/Nev since they were there for the whole thingy before the actual boss fight fwiw

Not even a mention.

Nope, at that stage I was a bit salty over the connection/BSOD issues we'd been having and I was fairly tired.

We just got to the boss on a 2nd character and called it a night. JCD having his PS4 repeatedly crash really f**ked us tbh (he knows that himself), we were at the boss at like 9pm (maybe 9:30?) and still just couldn't get all 6 of us there for long enough to actually do it.

I didn't have it in me to run that 2nd group through all the mechanics of the boss since the 1st group all of us took time to actually watch the youtube vidoes of how it was done and by the time we were there with the 2nd group it was like 1:30am and it was like "Let's take 20 mins to watch the vids there lads" and I was spent

Think I was mentally checking out at that stage. Destiny burnout :o

On the plus side, I got 2 of my chars to like ~371 which is nice. And I have the CP on the 2 of them too. So not a wasted night by any means :)

Was a bit sh1t when yiz were just getting into it and JCD goes missing. Not his fault by any means but sh1t all the same.

Well I hope you are streaming when you actually do conquer it, would be nice to see you all do it together.

Will have to get some Omnigowel on the go to try and get my level up enough for a Sherp for the weekend?!

Was a bit sh1t when yiz were just getting into it and JCD goes missing. Not his fault by any means but sh1t all the same.

Well I hope you are streaming when you actually do conquer it, would be nice to see you all do it together.

Will have to get some Omnigowel on the go to try and get my level up enough for a Sherp for the weekend?!

Once your 355 light at the start of the raid your grand.

We had the same issues with Madra last night on the first boss, he dropped out completely and we managed to finish the boss just after he landed back in on the same try.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Not even a mention.

I thought you were going with Jonny, he mentioned your name above.

Sure you can have a spot and we'll see if JCD can actually turn on his bust up PS4. Things probably a flaming mess at this stage

What Jonny said, it's fine at 355. But it would be good to farm Omnigul for a bit.

I often found it took like 30mins to get into the swing of farming her, then you can just whizz up the light levels once your group gets into the swing of it.

Being 360 would be better though imho, just means you can survive a few hits more. Plus it means your Raid drops will that bit higher too.

And getting to ~363 is fairly handy farming Omnigul (assuming Aritfact is holding you back from going full 365)

• Advertisement

Once your 355 light at the start of the raid your grand.

We had the same issues with Madra last night on the first boss, he dropped out completely and we managed to finish the boss just after he landed back in on the same try.

Yeah I'm about 351-352 so if I can get some strikes in over the next couple of evenings I should be good to go.

Can't wait for the final room, as Dave mentioned me, my left and right are confused at the best of times so fun should ensue when I'm calling out for this :-/

Yeah I'm about 351-352 so if I can get some strikes in over the next couple of evenings I should be good to go.

Can't wait for the final room, as Dave mentioned me, my left and right are confused at the best of times so fun should ensue when I'm calling out for this :-/
    Genuine call out I heard the other night:

"Upper left right TV.

well what you can do is write an "L" on your left thumb and "R" on your right thumb, then you look down and your grand..... #protip :P

Your grand about your level now to do the raid.

if the artifact is holding you back from getting passed 363, farm court of oryx and level up eris, she has a package which more or less drops a high level artifact

Genuine call out I heard the other night:

"Upper left right TV.

I thought it was Top Left Bottom :pac:

I thought it was Top Left Bottom :pac:

Will ya go away out of that its side, under, over top :D

• Advertisement

Will ya go away out of that its side, under, over top :D

By the end it was just "TV!!!!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

To be fair it probably started top left but moved to bottom right due to my lag...bad times.

On a lighter note why do isp's all seem to hire their helpdesk from the same village in banglapakaindia he actually said to me today have I tried plugging the WiFi cable directly into the WiFi port on the router as connecting by wireless can be unreliable

Jesus wept

That was me Cormac with the right top left.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    To be fair it probably started top left but moved to bottom right due to my lag...bad times.

On a lighter note why do isp's all seem to hire their helpdesk from the same village in banglapakaindia he actually said to me today have I tried plugging the WiFi cable directly into the WiFi port on the router as connecting by wireless can be unreliable

Jesus wept

qsr4j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Jesus wept

My PS comes nowhere near the speed of my PC, both sit at the same desk and both are hardwired. For a few months I experienced really bad connections in Destiny but by in large that has improved. If I could get rid of this eircom box I'm pretty sure things would increase even further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus wept

Fuuny how you never get that when contacting them about a billing issue :pac:

They're all ears and eager to help then

dudeeile wrote: »
    My PS comes nowhere near the speed of my PC, both sit at the same desk and both are hardwired. For a few months I experienced really bad connections in Destiny but by in large that has improved. If I could get rid of this eircom box I'm pretty sure things would increase even further.

Thats just the PS4 Dude, Sony don't know wtf they're doing when it comes to networking. The PS3 was s**t, the PSP and Vita were s**t and the PS4 is equally as s**t. My Xbox wirelessly is faster than the PS4 wired.

Thats just the PS4 Dude, Sony don't know wtf they're doing when it comes to networking. The PS3 was s**t, the PSP and Vita were s**t and the PS4 is equally as s**t. My Xbox wirelessly is faster than the PS4 wired.

It has to do with the posts that PSN use, most routers don't open the ports etc. When I had an eircom box the only thing that sped it up was putting it into DMZ mode for the PS4 only and it flew along.

It has to do with the posts that PSN use, most routers don't open the ports etc. When I had an eircom box the only thing that sped it up was putting it into DMZ mode for the PS4 only and it flew along.

Small packet sizes throttle it too jonny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

Small packet sizes throttle it too jonny.

Sniper. I confused my work hours and am in til 9 tonight. Will be hone and ready by 2130.
    What time do you plan on kicking off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's just distance compared to Xbox AFAIK - the PS servers are mainly based in UK/Amsterdam, as opposed to having the MS servers here in Ireland...

MS will always blow Sony out of the water with their online network, especially here....

PSN was always flaky from the get go but I believe it's more Sony's fault for not improving it from PS3 to PS4, probably could not afford to after the big hack of 08, and not many buying a PS3 until near the end of the console's life cycle...

Now we can't even change our online ID or anything, nor do region moves or stuff like that, it's ridiculous if put side on side against Xbox...

At the same time, ain't no exclusive Destiny **** on Xbox so far... :)

Could change in 2 or so years, when the exclusivity is up...

Similar to how CoD exclusive went from Xbox to PS...

Conar wrote: »
    Sniper. I confused my work hours and am in til 9 tonight. Will be hone and ready by 2130.
    What time do you plan on kicking off?

Could be trying to get the boss with last nights group, if not we will run. Noob finished it himself last night. Swirched my cp for the same phase with all the monitors on btw so we will be able to open the hidden chest.

Could be trying to get the boss with last nights group, if not we will run. Noob finished it himself last night. Swirched my cp for the same phase with all the monitors on btw so we will be able to open the hidden chest.

Fire ahead with last nights group and I'll keep an eye in this thread for info.
    Got tomorrow off so may just go drink some pretentious ales down the local microbrewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Keep me posted as to when we're going to try to finish Tuesday's run anyway.

jackrussel wrote: »
    Keep me posted as to when we're going to try to finish Tuesday's run anyway.

I can always get bottles to satisfy my thirst so will keep an eye here. Am still available.

• Advertisement
Advertisement