Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Jonny are you down for a Raid so at 8:30pm with the 2 lads you helped with the Spindle?

I know you said earlier in the week you were game, just wanted to double check cause we have the other 5 guys from the same run ready to go. One of the guys we were attempting to carry can't make it

So the plan for 8:30pm is:
    Me
    Linksenn
    ProjectUdyr
    Conovar
    Optimus

That's 2 new lads who are only just 390LL and haven't done the VoG Challenges before, hence the need for some more experience as I can't be online too late

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Jonny are you down for a Raid so at 8:30pm with the 2 lads you helped with the Spindle?

I know you said earlier in the week you were game, just wanted to double check cause we have the other 5 guys from the same run ready to go. One of the guys we were attempting to carry can't make it

So the plan for 8:30pm is:
    Me
    Linksenn
    ProjectUdyr
    Conovar
    Optimus

That's 2 new lads who are only just 390LL and haven't done the VoG Challenges before, hence the need for some more experience as I can't be online too late

only seeing this now man sorry. Wasn't in until late last night and I still need the vex myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hilarious how we did the templar challenge first run last night after banging our heads against a wall for ages earlier in the week.

Got the Atheon challenge done fairly handy too all told.

Crota is a piece of p when not bothering with the challenge - though reckon the crota challenge itself would have been easy out last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Crota is a piece of p when not bothering with the challenge - though reckon the crota challenge itself would have been easy out last night.

At this stage I'm not bothered with challenge runs. I have the bulk of the exotics, and not bothered about the ones I don't have, bar Vex and Fatebringer. I'd rather a few normal runs through VoG, as I'm missing a big chunk of the legendary VoG weapons. The VoG challenges have been such a time sink (normally) that I never seem to walk away with loot.

They are actually grand once you give them a shot, but it generally does take a good few runs to iron out the kinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I watched Generic's stream of the Crota run last night, it's a great learning tool of what's going on at the Crota end. As one of the lads said, you made it look like a strike, not a raid :)

I would love to finish a raid for my age of triumph quest (weekly featured raid) before the D2 beta drops and ye lads all f*ck off there, so I'm up for any raid between now and then. I'm not bothered so much about challenges, just want to get the friggin thing done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Beta for Destiny one was pretty short. They'll be back.

Yakuza wrote: »
    I watched Generic's stream of the Crota run last night, it's a great learning tool of what's going on at the Crota end. As one of the lads said, you made it look like a strike, not a raid :)

I would love to finish a raid for my age of triumph quest (weekly featured raid) before the D2 beta drops and ye lads all f*ck off there, so I'm up for any raid between now and then. I'm not bothered so much about challenges, just want to get the friggin thing done.

Tbh, most of that looked easy since a lot of the lads raid with me regularly and we kind of went into Auto Pilot.

In order of complexity and individual responsibility the raids go as follows

Kings Fall - Longest, most complex, no-one can f**k up once really, most challenges
    Vault of Glass & Wrath of the Machine - more of less equal, Aksis and Atheon are as complex and require the same perfect timing, Templar ~= Voksis, Woth is slightly shorter though but they are 90% equal
    Crotas Strike - Can carry 2 - 5 dead guardians per section, shortest raid, less individual responsibility

So, you may have picked the toughest week to get it done, but the only way you'll learn and get it done is to try. The fact Iron Banner is on this week and Kings Fall is a known time sink (easily 2.5 hours, often >4) it might prove tricky though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So, you may have picked the toughest week to get it done, but the only way you'll learn and get it done is to try. The fact Iron Banner is on this week and Kings Fall is a known time sink (easily 2.5 hours, often >4) it might prove tricky though

The Oryx encounter felt to be the uber auto pilot challenge of the lot, being what we all did anyway. I think grabbing his CP and dishing out Oryx kills is the way to go this week.

The golgoroth challenge is the one that causes the problems imo - the rest of it should be grand for the most part I'd have thought. Sherpaing people through Warpriest and Oryx is ok as you can give one person almost nothing to do. On Oryx tell them to go Titan with a sleeper simulant and they should be grand - as long as the other person with them knows to watch for the 4th knight and 4th bomb group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Any interest in a Kings Fall raid this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

nevelator wrote: »

Yessum

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Linksenn

Count me in and DXVDBL(ProjectUdyr)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The golgoroth challenge is the one that causes the problems imo - the rest of it should be grand for the most part I'd have thought. Sherpaing people through Warpriest and Oryx is ok as you can give one person almost nothing to do. On Oryx tell them to go Titan with a sleeper simulant and they should be grand - as long as the other person with them knows to watch for the 4th knight and 4th bomb group.

I'd say the totems is the biggest drain on mental health in KF and responsible for the majority of lost time. One down and it's over unless you have just one run left to do.

Warpriest and Golgoroth are easy once it's explained and a run or two down, it's rountine. Totems is a whole other problem with timing, sniping and clearing adds not really giving people a second to think. Again, once experienced it's also pretty straightforward but until then it's a hot mess of confused guardians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'd say the totems is the biggest drain on mental health in KF and responsible for the majority of lost time. One down and it's over unless you have just one run left to do.

How much of that lost time is down the the brand not transferring? I'd say I've lost more time due to that over someone being an orb.

dudeeile wrote: »

Very True. Totems are what will break you. By the time you get to the Warpriest its usually 60-90 minutes if you're not doing things super effectively

How much of that lost time is down the the brand not transferring? I'd say I've lost more time due to that over someone being an orb.

I'm putting that down as a timing issue, I think in the beginning it may have been glitchy but it could have been easily down to lack of experience as well.

You MUST fully empty the Brand BEFORE returning to the your side plate, I've done it myself more than once and that **** causes a wipe 99% of the time. You can get away with it if you call it early and the person on your side grabs the new brand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The brand can un-sync from each side so time may be out by a couple of seconds etc.

Some people didnt realise the brand wasn't fully worn off them but the totems is a timesink, especially straight after having to do the pillars and jumping section.

You have to stand in the centre of the circle, not just on the plate. The outer 1/3rd of the circle technically doesn't count. Red-Bar issues aside, this is 90% of the reason you hear the "It didn't transfer". God I hate the totems tbh

I get annoyed by people waiting for a call to go middle --> totem or vice versa.

If you are in the middle, once your timer is done just head to the totem. Just make sure it has transfered between the two that were down there before you step into its area of effect.

And the two people at the totem should make sure they are in the area of effect - I reckon a lot of 'brand didn't transfer' are because they are on opposite sides of the plate - outside of the area of effect/transfer zone.

If you are at the totem and are running tight on time for the person from the middle to get to you - move towards them, go to the edge of the plate - shorten that distance!

• Advertisement

You have to stand in the centre of the circle, not just on the plate. The outer 1/3rd of the circle technically doesn't count. Red-Bar issues aside, this is 90% of the reason you hear the "It didn't transfer". God I hate the totems tbh

Nah most are good with that now, I think in 90% of raids i've been on in the last 4-5 months on KF its mainly someone still has the deathsingers power when running back to the plate.

You don't have to be centre of the plate to transfer - you just need to be close enough. I have transfered to people who hadn't even made the plate yet.

Silent Totems = Best totems

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nah most are good with that now, I think in 90% of raids i've been on in the last 4-5 months on KF its mainly someone still has the deathsingers power when running back to the plate.

Yep, that is one that gets me. I see the orbs in the front and leave my station to get them.

Silent Totems = Best totems

Actually speaking of that, there are plenty of places within the raids that require silence(unless its a callout) such as:

Aksis Stage 1 & 2 - Plenty of people chatter away during this so the empowered calls dont get heard and cause plenty of wipes.

Oryx - I think silence unless its a call out is not needed here as theres so much to concentrate on.

Atheon - You need call outs only on this especially in challenge mode.

Theres plenty of other places but it should be get the job done then you can yap away.

Yep, that is one that gets me. I see the orbs in the front and leave my station to get them.

Yeah and the orbs are only in front cos someone legged it from the plate while using their super. If they stayed on the plate then the orbs would be there :P

Yeah and the orbs are only in front cos someone legged it from the plate while using their super. If they stayed on the plate then the orbs would be there :P

Or they're the orbs from all the supers used to initiate the totem phase by killing the worshippers. ;)

Or they're the orbs from all the supers used to initiate the totem phase by killing the worshippers. ;)

That too but there should be well beyond enough on the plate to stop anyone from running up front. Sure hell I get tonnes of bubbles etc for the warpreist from the left overs.

Actually speaking of that, there are plenty of places within the raids that require silence(unless its a callout) such as:

Aksis Stage 1 & 2 - Plenty of people chatter away during this so the empowered calls dont get heard and cause plenty of wipes.

Oryx - I think silence unless its a call out is not needed here as theres so much to concentrate on.

Atheon - You need call outs only on this especially in challenge mode.

Theres plenty of other places but it should be get the job done then you can yap away.

If you're talking sh!t€ during any of those sections you'll generally here about it from me.

It's really killing my Twitch viewer interactions though :o

• Advertisement

If you're talking sh!t€ during any of those sections you'll generally here about it from me.

It's really killing my Twitch viewer interactions though :o

4182902.jpg

What time we looking to start this evening lads? I finish work at 7 so I'll be good to go around then

Linksenn wrote: »
    What time we looking to start this evening lads? I finish work at 7 so I'll be good to go around then

Anytime from 7.30 on is good for me. I think we have 4, so 2 spots left.

8 would suit me, gives me a chance to grab some dinner before the time hole that is Kings Fall :pac:

Kings Fall is the only one where I wouldn't be all like "sure we'll start around 9:30" alright tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

It's really killing my Twitch viewer interactions though

Nah I'm cool with it.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Nah I'm cool with it.

sckghzj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'd like to go but realistically won't be ready until 2100 or so tonight, RL stuff blah blah. Perhaps another run another night (or I could nick an Oryx CP?)

So what's the story with the raid Nevelator?

Was trying to watch you helping the lads through KF, accidentally had left my PS4 queue up Downloading the Monthly games and hit my Daily DL cap and my speed went down to 0.36Mbps. Seen you got pretty far. When it went past midnight and my interent speed came back up to normality I went to check and was left with Cal and Nev in the tower ragging on Darkest Dungeon :pac:

Was trying to watch you helping the lads through KF, accidentally had left my PS4 queue up Downloading the Monthly games and hit my Daily DL cap and my speed went down to 0.36Mbps. Seen you got pretty far. When it went past midnight and my interent speed came back up to normality I went to check and was left with Cal and Nev in the tower ragging on Darkest Dungeon :pac:

We got to Oryx, decent run tbf. We grabbed a Warpriest CP along the way - should be online tonight if anyone wants it.

• Advertisement

Yeh we actually flew the totem section surprisingly, I thought that might have taken us longer.

Got my missing armour bits too so I was happy out.
    #fullsetwanker

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dxvdbl

Just wondering if anyone is looking to finish the raid tonight or tomorrow? Oryx checkpoint

Dxvdbl wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is looking to finish the raid tonight or tomorrow? Oryx checkpoint

I can be of assistance

I can be of assistance

Yes you can but it's better to not leave it too late. If ya need a hand just send an invite.

DcYP8we.jpg

We'd have 4 then, finished work at 6:30 and should be good to go whenever after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I can go this evening. Can not be on too late and unfortunately the 4k sweet spot will not apply to me this evening.

That puts us to 5 with Dude so, just 1 more and we're off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'll go if you's are still looking for one at kick-off. Is it challenge mode you're doing?

Yeah challenge mode

I'm up for finishing it off this evening.
    Any of the team from Wednesday not able to finish it this evening?

• Advertisement
Advertisement