Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'll be on for that time too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

What's the going rate for a sherpa from Carlow these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I believe fisting is involved, flaming fists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Depends, what's their level of English like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I said I'd go Raiding with 3 of the lads later this evening, if you're on, we can happily give you a hand.
    Drinking has been planned though, so don't expect anything amazing.
    There's room for 1 more so if anyone else needs a hand.
    Probably start around 8:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r59KUoc-_Bc

2 man run of Calus,takes up a pretty interesting spot in the shadow realm.

Apart from that just need absolutely insane aim haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

I'll be on at some stage too. Haven't done any parts of raid or nightfall but it can be that hard.....

Psn: superdigzi

Icaras wrote: »
    I'll be on at some stage too. Haven't done any parts of raid or nightfall but it can be that hard.....

Psn: superdigzi

The NF is pretty tricky if you try and rush parts of it (which I did stupidly) but definitely a bit more forgiving if you utilise all the heavy ammo you get.

My group looks like it's full now, but I'll invite you if we have a drop-out/no-show

The Raid is actually considerably easier in D2 once you've given it a shot the 1st time, more so than previous iterations imho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a run at the raid last night with a group, got as far as Calus before we called it a night cause some of the lads were getting frustrated. Can be fierce unforgiving at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Looking to give the raid a try tonight 
    Have done last few NF's but not the raid yet
    WillardWhite222 is my username if any of you are 1 short - 297 Titan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Angron wrote: »
    Had a run at the raid last night with a group, got as far as Calus before we called it a night cause some of the lads were getting frustrated. Can be fierce unforgiving at times.
    We got to that point last night, getting late and silly mistakes being made.

But then we had a run and on the first DPS phase, we took just short of two thirds of his health, it was crazy damage. Slaughtered him in two phases, then went for a stroll in the underbelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well done to the lads last night with the hastily put together raid at the last knockings, 3 new lads to the raid and coped very well. Information overload the 1st time anyone does this raid and can take a while to adjust....but we smashed it.

Will finish off Calus tonight or tomorrow, and get all the keys in the belly of the beast!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well done to the lads last night with the hastily put together raid at the last knockings, 3 new lads to the raid and coped very well. Information overload the 1st time anyone does this raid and can take a while to adjust....but we smashed it.

Will finish off Calus tonight or tomorrow, and get all the keys in the belly of the beast!
    Our group had two raid noobies.

Good lord the calus fight almost broke me. Nowt to do with the two new lads.... Just little mistakes constantly doing us in, were at the fight for hours!

Getting calus to his last stand and his shield just straight up taking ZERO damage made me particularly salty.

I'm holding 6 of those keys and I know chul has at least 2 so if a vacancy for the underbelly shows up, drop an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dudeeile wrote:
    I'm holding 6 of those keys and I know chul has at least 2 so if a vacancy for the underbelly shows up, drop an invite.

Get on to civic the guy has that place down to a T.

I ****ing hate it always get lost.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Get on to civic the guy has that place down to a T.

I ****ing hate it always get lost.

It's a pain in the hole but because I have so many I thought I could get a group together and spend some time picking them all. I won't start to panic until Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dudeeile wrote: »
    It's a pain in the hole but because I have so many I thought I could get a group together and spend some time picking them all. I won't start to panic until Monday night.

I have keys and time to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I lost the 6 keys I had but I'll jump in to help if you just need numbers for killing watchers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

I'm around tonight looking for fresh raid if anyone fancies explaining s*** to me.

Yeah Deffo, giz a shout anytime.

I have 6-8 keys, so knowing my luck I will have to run around with my main and 2 alts. Highly doubt you can open them all on the same dude, that would be tooooooo easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah Deffo, giz a shout anytime.

I have 6-8 keys, so knowing my luck I will have to run around with my main and 2 alts. Highly doubt you can open them all on the same dude, that would be tooooooo easy.

Need to do the underbelly too. Will be on later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you are desperate, you can open the underbelly and loot all 9 chests solo if you need to. There is a youtube video showing how. I've done it myself too. A grenade launcher with more than 6 rounds helps. 3 of the chests can just be walked up to and opened. The other 6 require killing the 4 watchers at once but its doable solo.

The only one that is very hard is the Pipeline one. The rest just take a couple of practice runs and some patience.

Not desperate....YET.

Well done to the new lads who popped their cherry last night in the raid (hail to da chimp & Fiachra I think), hope you got good gear and see you on Tuesday when it starts ALL OVER AGAIN. Its not as much fun doing a raid with no loot (did it with all my chars) but it was good craic and experience counts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, if anyone wants to go around the underbelly its easy to solo in but if I am online just pop me a message and I will give yis the guided tour :) Hopefully I will be online tonight (internet is down) but if I amn't still send me the message and I will throw the 4g on and jump on :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lads, if anyone wants to go around the underbelly its easy to solo in but if I am online just pop me a message and I will give yis the guided tour :) Hopefully I will be online tonight (internet is down) but if I amn't still send me the message and I will throw the 4g on and jump on :)

I still think we have a few with keys so I'll be sending up messages later.

If anyone wants to do 2x games of Quickplay, 2x games of Competitive, the IO Flashpoints and the NF later.... let me know

I just finished my Titan so wrapping up that stuff is me done for the week

Now, if I get all that done in a timely fashion, I too would be up for utilising the 3x Leviathan keys I have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grand job, I'll be around from about 5 this evening :)

If anyone wants to do 2x games of Quickplay, 2x games of Competitive, the IO Flashpoints and the NF later.... let me know

Now, if I get all that done in a timely fashion, I too would be up for utilising the 3x Leviathan keys I have.

I think I've to do all that on my warlock. Will be on from 7.30 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Count me in for that Dude.

• Advertisement

If im online send me an invite Ill run them with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I should be on later with stuff to do on my newly level'd up alt, send me a party invite if you see me on and I might be able to run them with you!

Really is piss easy to do with the tablet on beside you, my best advice is have a GRENADE LAUNCHER (not a rocket launcher) for doing it solo and its well do-able. Biggest headache is going from one chest straight to the other without having to go back to the lift at the start to get your bearing so to speak.....

Pain in the arse the way you have to open each chest with each alt instead of just opening them one after the other......

The whole Belly of the Beast from concept to execution is a pain in the arse tbh

Agreed, its so needless. Its like they just wanted to add some longevity to the whole thing, I would rather fight another boss at each chest in the raid then all that bollocks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Really is piss easy to do with the tablet on beside you, my best advice is have a GRENADE LAUNCHER (not a rocket launcher) for doing it solo and its well do-able. Biggest headache is going from one chest straight to the other without having to go back to the lift at the start to get your bearing so to speak.....

Pain in the arse the way you have to open each chest with each alt instead of just opening them one after the other......

made even that little bit easier by having a well drilled raid educated vet like me with you.... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Well done to the new lads who popped their cherry last night in the raid (hail to da chimp & Fiachra I think), hope you got good gear and see you on Tuesday when it starts ALL OVER AGAIN. Its not as much fun doing a raid with no loot (did it with all my chars) but it was good craic and experience counts.

Think I only got 1 drop but it was a 300 helmet, I had a legendary mod to bring it up to 305, so I'm happy with that.
    Got a load of legendary engrams too.

Calus wasn't as difficult as I had expected, I'll have to give the rest of it a go now.

Have done, the Pleasure Gardens, last week.
    This week, the Gauntlet and Calus. I'll have to work on getting a full raid done at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Need to get started on the raid this week/weekend. I'm around most nights.

Any spare places gratefully accepted.

I think there is 2 spaces tonite in my group a few of the regulars are off being irregular.....lol.

I will sent out the invites when I know for sure, be great if we got new lads in that has not done it yet.

• Advertisement

Think I only got 1 drop but it was a 300 helmet, I had a legendary mod to bring it up to 305, so I'm happy with that.
    Got a load of legendary engrams too.

Calus wasn't as difficult as I had expected, I'll have to give the rest of it a go now.

Chimp,

When everyone knows what they are doing like a well oiled machine and most of us over 300 light it makes it a bit easier.

You should have been around the 1st week.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I think there is 2 spaces tonite in my group a few of the regulars are off being irregular.....lol.

I will sent out the invites when I know for sure, be great if we got new lads in that has not done it yet.

I'll be on tonight and tomorrow from about 6 onwards.

PSN :Power1711

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Beat the raid there last night, went a fair bit smoother than my first run at it, as all bar one of the group was over 300 light. Overall, got the raid SMG, scout rifle, and rocket launcher, so a decent enough haul.

Chimp,

When everyone knows what they are doing like a well oiled machine and most of us over 300 light it makes it a bit easier.

You should have been around the 1st week.....:eek:

For sure, but it doesn't seem like another Oryx, or challenge mode VoG...

But I guess it's a normal mode raid, lets see what the Prestige mode holds in store for us.

Edit: Also - I was outside and have no idea what's in store in the other mechanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Any for a fresh run tonight? Around 9:30?

For sure, but it doesn't seem like another Oryx, or challenge mode VoG...

But I guess it's a normal mode raid, lets see what the Prestige mode holds in store for us.

Edit: Also - I was outside and have no idea what's in store in the other mechanic.

Yeah, VoG and even Oryx are head and shoulders above this raid. I absolutely loath the way you have to go looking for ammo in the raid its ****in stupid and makes the whole affair feel half arsed. Id rather Calus was harder to kill with plenty of ammo then be flapping about for menial things like ammo.

Also the last 2 raids I have done the whole affair has been glitched and bug ridden especially Calus himself. Has to be something that was changed in the latest patch.

3 peeps getting kicked on the part where you hit him with everything Tuesday night was a real bitter pill to swallow I tell ya!
    So many so called vets at this stage getting killed on the DPS phase because of 3 peeps seeing one thing and the other 3 seeing something else (Calus shooting plates)

Bungie better get their **** in order.....numbers are slowing already TBH

• Advertisement

Have Calus to finish at 7:30 so when done with him (should be fairly straight forward) I be on for my 3rd run of the week on my Hunter.

I'll be online around 10.
    Will also be online this weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any raids looking for people in the this coming week.

Want to get 1 done on Tuesday so I can sort the rest out in time with the IB going on.

Fresh raid tonight at 7:30, should be a few places free if anyone has an ALT left to crack one out on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fresh raid tonight at 7:30, should be a few places free if anyone has an ALT left to crack one out on.

If still places free count me in

• Advertisement
Advertisement