Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I've been playing since day one and never done a raid. Would love to if anyone can handle my not knowing what's going on.
    My honest advice would be to look up some explanation videos on YouTube so that you would have some clue what's going on in each part. Don't get me wrong, people in the clan are more than willing to help and explain but it would help you and them to have some prior knowledge of the mechanics. Obviously when playing it will seem different and more chaotic but it will be easier and quicker to adjust and learn your place and role in each part if you have a general idea of what the goals are.

I've done this myself before. The oryx battle, for example, can be very hard to understand at first, and remember each stage. After watching a video explanation I then knew each stage so it was easier to plan and react to what I was now expecting. Rather than being overwhelmed.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    If I were you, I would start with Crotas End or Vault of Glass with 5 clanmates.

They are a bit more straight forward than Kings Fall.

Really the Raids are the best thing in the game full stop
    Get on to dudeeile & SolvableKnave. It's their turn to sherpa.

Yeah I'm up for a sherpa. Kinda on Hiatus until Tuesday, though I did show my face the other night. If I manage to get on over the weekend I'd do a C.E. run. Crotas End is by far the most straight forward of the 3 raid's, so I would suggest starting with that one, as the only tricky mechanic in it is crossing the bridge.

Raid difficulty would go CE / VOG / KF (KF is VERY dependant on communication and knowing your role)

As Mitch said, it wouldn't hurt to a have look on youToob just to get an idea of what your getting into, but everything will obviously be explained during each stage of the run.

Send us a friend request anyway, PSN same as here, and we'll hopefully get it done within the week. Just need 4 more willing souls to join up at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

If you're doing it Fri or Sat night, send me an invite - if I'm online (might not be playing Destiny) I'll jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks for your patience and help last night lads....

Are we gonna send that Oryx screaming back where he came?

Free tonight, tomorrow and Sunday early afternoon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Fieldog wrote:

Fieldog wrote:

I'll be on tonight anyway and happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm going to step out of the Sherpa presidential race for Oryx and throw my full support behind my party colleague and clan mate

I'm going to be getting drunk and playing Charlie Murder on X-Box 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    I'm going to step out of the Sherpa presidential race for Oryx and throw my full support behind my party colleague and clan mate

I nominate Nev (with most KF completions) as the logical choice of Sherpa successor! :p

PetKing wrote: »
    I nominate Nev (with most KF completions) as the logical choice of Sherpa successor! :p

Sure he pretty much did all the work anyway while I just faffed about :p

This will be the new thing, Sherpa runs where you train other Sherpas, the Train-the-Trainer qualification of Destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

PetKing wrote: »

Do I? That is a surprise, but I'll be on tonight and happy to give it a go.

We could have a hop off HM. Fieldog would take the place of a Titan in the middle. That titan would take the 3rd platform and drop a Ward of Dawn - weapons of light weapons bubble in the middle as they head to the platform. The other titan drops a blessings bubble. Fieldog could use a shiny new 320 sniper to help with the ogres.
    Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

nevelator wrote: »
    Do I? That is a surprise, but I'll be on tonight and happy to give it a go.

We could have a hop off HM. Fieldog would take the place of a Titan in the middle. That titan would take the 3rd platform and drop a Ward of Dawn - weapons of light weapons bubble in the middle as they head to the platform. The other titan drops a blessings bubble. Fieldog could use a shiny new 320 sniper to help with the ogres.
    Thoughts?

Does that mean I have to be a Titan?

:)

Just tell me where I have to shoot, I got into the rhythm fairly handy last night... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Fieldog wrote: »

Just tell me where I have to shoot, I got into the rhythm fairly handy last night... :)

Your Titan is not levelled enough to run HM!

• Advertisement

Given he doesn't have ToM and will be running self res, I would just put him on platform 1 (it's the most straight forward to memorise in a flash cause it's just where ever he is slamming his fist.

Keep Self Res for when he inevitable gets 1-shot by the Tomb Ship.

But, hey that's me.... I always put newbies on Platform 1 (i think)

Also make sure he has Max Armour.... you might need to say it like 15 times :pac:

That way he can take a few hits on his way back to the bubble.

Nope, you would still be able to use your warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This will be the new thing, Sherpa runs where you train other Sherpas, the Train-the-Trainer qualification of Destiny

Knave this is crying out for a Mr Miyagi wax on wax off gif.

I'll get right on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I've been playing since day one and never done a raid. Would love to if anyone can handle my not knowing what's going on.

Like Mitch said, watch a few videos to get the basics down and you'll be all set. I'm in for running CE and VOG over the weekend if we have numbers.
    Get on to dudeeile & SolvableKnave. It's their turn to sherpa.

Good man Opti! But what do we do for a sword bearer?
    Thanks for your patience and help last night lads....

If ye need numbers, I'll be online.

I feel this is more appropriate at the moment

Funny you mention this. When Jonny was on about polishing bubbles yesterday; I was sure that Knave (or dudeeile) were going to post an anchorman meme!

When he went onto polishing kids bubbles, I said I'd leave well enough alone. That was gonna go to a very dark place otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'll sword the Crota run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My bubble was on point last night :P

• Advertisement

Oh if we could put all the shouting times when we've went down to 2 or 3 players on Golgoroth and I've basically went Full Metal Jacket and started losing it to some army music it would be funny :pac:

"We can do this!!!"
    "GET TO ME! GET TO ME"
    "Let's kill the f**ker"
    "ORBBBB DOWWWWWNNN"
    "Now is our time!"
    "GET IN THE POOL GET IN THERE GO GO GOOOOOO GO GO"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh if we could put all the shouting times when we've went down to 2 or 3 players on Golgoroth and I've basically went Full Metal Jacket and started losing it to some army music it would be funny :pac:

"We can do this!!!"
    "GET TO ME! GET TO ME"
    "Let's kill the f**ker"
    "ORBBBB DOWWWWWNNN"
    "Now is our time!"
    "GET IN THE POOL GET IN THERE GO GO GOOOOOO GO GO"

PUNCH HIM IN THE NUTS :P

It was actually a decent run last night and the "Totems STFU & watch your timer" method was unearthed by Generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

There are many times one should use the STFU strategy during Kings Fall....

nevelator wrote: »
    It was actually a decent run last night and the "Totems STFU & watch your timer" method was unearthed by Generic.

Yeah we have to issue out the rule book for that part now....

Rule 1: Generic says STFU and watch your timer.
    Rule 2: Collect rewards haha

Old System:

Swap
    Change
    SWAP
    SWAP
    KNIGHTS
    SWAP
    CHANGE
    WIZARDS

SWAAAAAPPPPP
    SWWWWAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP
    KNIGHTS
    WIZARDS

SWAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP

New System:
    One of the majors got away he's headed left
    Yup, he's down
    Do you have self res?
    Yeah, I'll use it
    I got 2 Ghosts
    I got another Fusion rifle

Hey lads, my mate is on PS4 and playing Destiny since day 1 but due to not having many friends on PS4, he's never completed kings fall on hard.

I was wondering if some of ye might add him and take him through a raid some evening ye have space in one? His GT is davenopants. Thanks lads

PS4 heads, I'm throwing this up as a reminder. There should be raids kicking off regularly for the next while so if a slot becomes available. I've added him to my friends list but we've yet to play. Obviously clan buddies get first pick but ya know, instead of lfg maybe.

Get him into Clan 3 and Add him to the Chat. It's the easiest way

He's in a Clan of about 9 people. I can't tell if it's still active really, maybe if he doesn't want to leave, point him towards the Community.

Fieldog changed the community to be more "Vague" so it's like an LFG site for Irish Players where most of the clan are in it too

As I said I haven't played with him as yet but I might as well drop him a message about the clan. Didn't check his profile either so if he's willing to make the move then all the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Right, I still haven't done KF fully (normal or hard). I've done up to Warpriest on HM, which was grand, and was carried through Oryx but had no idea what was going on.

Would there be any interest in getting a group together today and doing HM, and helping me learn the mechanics? My LL has jumped to 310+ on Warlock and Hunter since the update and I understand the difficulty hasn't increased so HM should be fairly doable?

Advertisement