Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Away from PS4 until Friday evening, if there's a fresh raid in the offing, I'd like a space, will need guidance

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Fresh run tonight at 7pm, 4 spots going

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tazzimus wrote: »
    1 spot for el raid, at the dags

El dags didnt last very long after that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jonnycivic wrote: »
    El dags didnt last very long after that :P
    Noob came in and showed us how it's done

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Noob came in and showed us how it's done

Too right he did, hopefully we get the gauntlet done tonight and have some hope at the pools/last encounter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Too right he did, hopefully we get the gauntlet done tonight and have some hope at the pools/last encounter :D
    Gauntlets probably the easiest/quickest trial once you figure out the mechanics so we shouldn't be too long on that all going well

Gauntlets probably the easiest/quickest trial once you figure out the mechanics so we shouldn't be too long on that all going well

Its going to take 3 evenings now to finish haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Story with the raid lads? I've been trying to avoid spoilers. Is it good? Is it long enough like VoG, or more of a short Crotas End type raid?
    I'm currently 260, would like to give it a shot over the weekend at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Story with the raid lads? I've been trying to avoid spoilers. Is it good? Is it long enough like VoG, or more of a short Crotas End type raid?

It's fairly short (once you understand it). I did/am doing a full breakdown (or rant) about it in the post below, but I will warn you, it is kinda negative. So if you're feeling positive vibes, maybe avoid reading

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104740623&postcount=5

I'm not gonna bother raiding tonight or tomorrow. Head is kinda melted from it over the last week, but I'd be up for giving it a shot on Saturday or Sunday if there's interest in a fresh run.

260 is fine for like, 3/4 of it, (267ish would be better and give you some survivability, thats what I went in on with my 2 characters the 1st times) if you want to kill the final boss, the closer to 280 (or above) you are, the better.

Expect to only get 1 Raid drop (that is above your Power Level) over the course of the 1st 3/4 of the Raid fwiw

Its none of the above, its kind of a trials thing, each section doesnt have a boss per se but you have to clear 1 section to move to the next and you can then play the same section 3 times in a full raid. Also the order changes every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Realistically you wanna be at least 280 to raid, its doable at lower light but no point being a liability to the team and its doesnt matter if you are super skillful player at that light you just will not being doing the damage to the ads and constantly dying is no fun for you or the team. You can be caught out very quickly and over whelmed by mobs so the higher light is nice to have.

Plus in this raid you have limited revives unlike other raids, its a good raid I enjoy it but I must admit all the underground ****e needs to be cut out for the chests its an absolute pain in the hoop at this stage.

Communication is vital....as alot of patience is needed as some of the sections are very frustrating.

Having said that, we started a fresh raid last night and got straight the the boss for tonight in less then 2hrs. Once the routine is down with regular players it gets alot easier, but we had two new lads last night and it just took a few rounds to get it down.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Realistically you wanna be at least 280 to raid, its doable at lower light but no point being a liability to the team and its doesnt matter if you are super skillful player at that light you just will not being doing the damage to the ads and constantly dying is no fun for you or the team. You can be caught out very quickly and over whelmed by mobs so the higher light is nice to have..

To be fair, damage output only really matters in the last quarter of the Raid.
    The rest of the time, the 270 Merciless Xur was selling combo'd with the Mida Mini Tool from the EDZ Quest will do the business for the other 3 encouters. That's just been my teams experience. We didn't see a compelling reason top not use those 2 "gimmes" across pretty much across all our team.

But for the actual Boss, yeah it does change up there and being 280 is a huge help (I think Culhcannon or someone was like 273 or something one night and finding it hard to survive)
    Communication is vital....as alot of patience is needed as some of the sections are very frustrating.

Yeah 100% this. The pleasure gardens can be a real headache and salt generator tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Having said that, we started a fresh raid last night and got straight the the boss for tonight in less then 2hrs. Once the routine is down with regular players it gets alot easier, but we had two new lads last night and it just took a few rounds to get it down.

Agreed. Once you know the plan and how to do it, i reckon it will be a quick run.

What slows runs down at the moment (and this isn't a criticism of any player)

1. It is new and a lot of people are new to it (totally understandable).
    2. No matter how well you explain it, it will take time to actually understand how to do it and execute well.
    3. No matter how well you explain it... that final gaunlet run could be totally alien at first to more than half the fire team. That will take practice.
    4. THEM DAMN BOOPY PSIONS.

lol, all sounds good then:)
    Ya, I'll be looking to give it a go over the weekend, Sat night - few beers and a raid, like!

I'll be online tonight and Friday night, looking to either PvP or Strike and get the light level up a bit more. I really want to do a bit more Trials this time around, espically early on as there should be a higher noob population, diluting the salt levels...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

lol, all sounds good then:)
    Ya, I'll be looking to give it a go over the weekend, Sat night - few beers and a raid, like!

I'll be online tonight and Friday night, looking to either PvP or Strike and get the light level up a bit more. I really want to do a bit more Trials this time around, espically early on as there should be a higher noob population, diluting the salt levels...
    1. Count me in for a weekend Raid, time permitting.
    2. Hopefully be on at some stage tonight myself, knock out the Call to Arms Milestone. Throw an invite if I'm on.
    3. Trials. You would imagine there'd be a better chance at it early on, but last weeks experience would state otherwise. Boy where we 5hit. Not a single match win, and for a while, not even a round win. I'll put that down to the map. Yeah. The map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

1. Count me in for a weekend Raid, time permitting.
    2. Hopefully be on at some stage tonight myself, knock out the Call to Arms Milestone. Throw an invite if I'm on.
    3. Trials. You would imagine there'd be a better chance at it early on, but last weeks experience would state otherwise. Boy where we 5hit. Not a single match win, and for a while, not even a round win. I'll put that down to the map. Yeah. The map.

Myself, Totz, Civic and Jcd got a win Sunday evening. Straight to The Spire where I managed to pull off the jump to get to the top.

My plan this evening was to wrap up my "Call to Arms" milestone, so if you see me on, fire me an invite.
    Genuinely need a break from the Raid :pac:

Myself, Totz, Civic and Jcd got a win Sunday evening. Straight to The Spire where I managed to pull off the jump to get to the top.

You got flawless don't lie :P

My plan this evening was to wrap up my "Call to Arms" milestone, so if you see me on, fire me an invite.
    Genuinely need a break from the Raid :pac:

Salty or not so salty PvP? I need to know which emote to have equipped :P

I'll probably be doing nightfall, flashpoint and some pvp myself tonight.

Salty pvp. Always salty pvp with me.

• Advertisement

That nightfall is some dose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'll probably be doing nightfall, flashpoint and some pvp myself tonight.

Salty pvp. Always salty pvp with me.

Seriously man stay away from that nightfall.

Seriously man stay away from that nightfall.

But powerful engrams!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I did a horrible thing in the drang? Exotic version of exodus crash last week.

So running through it solo like an idiot never dawned on me to have a fireteam.

2 blueys in front of me invited me in so I joined,we blitzed it up to boss, who us a pain in the hole.

One of them got kicked so it put me as leader invited him back all good.

After a few wipes we had boss to literally one shot with the 2 boys down, all the adds poured out so I ran for a res and due to stupid floaty warlock jump fell off the map.

One of them demanded I be kicked, second guy goes no but one more **** up JC and your gone.

Next run boss at tiny bit health and guy 1 goes OK kick this scrub now guy 2 goes sorry JC but more exotic chance for us and you did die that time.

Silence for next few seconds before they realised I was fire team leader.

Then pleading as I kicked both of them from party.. .still got no exotic engram tho.

jcd5971 wrote: »

2 blueys in front of me invited me in so I joined,we blitzed it up to boss, who us a pain in the hole.

After a few wipes we had boss to literally one shot with the 2 boys down, all the adds poured out so I ran for a res and due to stupid floaty warlock jump fell off the map.

One of them demanded I be kicked, second guy goes no but one more **** up JC and your gone.

Next run boss at tiny bit health and guy 1 goes OK kick this scrub now guy 2 goes sorry JC but more exotic chance for us and you did die that time.

Then pleading as I kicked both of them from party.. .still got no exotic engram tho.

Well don't worry I will make sure I am party leader before I kick you :P

eh he he he heh heh heh a ha ha Ha Ha HA HA HAHAHAHAH MMMMWWWHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

I'd have taken SO MUCH GLEE kicking them. SO MUCH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jcd5971 wrote: »

How is it your fault if they're already dead? You did the right thing. Should have reported them for being asshats as well.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    How is it your fault if they're already dead? You did the right thing. Should have reported them for being asshats as well.

Cos its always someone elses fault man, thats what youve been doing wrong for so long :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

eh he he he heh heh heh a ha ha Ha Ha HA HA HAHAHAHAH MMMMWWWHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

I'd have taken SO MUCH GLEE kicking them. SO MUCH.

Oh I did. Especially the second guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

I would be keen for a spot on a raid team for a weekend run too. Have not ran it yet at all. Should be 280+ by weekend (currently at 279).

Cheers

Advertisement