Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll be mucking about in the Belly of The Beast later if anyone wants to collect some drops and learn the paths and encounters there :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd like to get stuck into the Raid, if there is one going tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'll be mucking about in the Belly of The Beast later if anyone wants to collect some drops and learn the paths and encounters there :|

There are great solo vids on youtube for the chests/encounters :)

I'd like to get stuck into the Raid, if there is one going tonight.

I will add you as a sub man but im sure there will be a few raids going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What time are you thinking? I'll be on around 10 or so. Can work on my alt of the belly run has already been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If you guys are stuck for numbers I can run it with you, need to do it on my titan before reset and I have it done on my other 2.

Hit me up if stuck.

That pleasure garden map is INFUSED into my brain at this stage I know it so well.....there are a couple of things to do lads if you are getting stuck, you prolly all know this already but someone might find it useful.

EVERYONE should be totally solar element for the gardens to maximise damage, Merciless and Sword heavies are ideal.

There are 8 flowers but only 6 rats, so 2 flowers do not have a rat if spotted (2nd left & Crevice (off centre between the 2 walls)

Assign a man to each of the flowers before the event starts, if spotted everyone races to the flower and damages as much as possible but do not kill the rats. Lads at back of the map will have to leave earlier to get back into the room.

The 2 men on top should stand as close to the flower that is active, its alot easier for the guys in the maze to head towards the name on the screen up high then just be told what flower is up (unless the maze leader knows the map off by heart)

If you hit an enemies from up top with the solar stone thingy it will set off alarms and or bezerk the rats, drop the stone and shot with normal weapons even beside rats and no alarm will trigger.

Contrary to belief only 2 flowers are ever up at the same time, you have to blow both flowers before another 2 spawn in. So dont go looking for a flower in between, spend the time killing ads and spotting the rats.

Depending on how many spores you get wait till the 2-3 run to kill them, if anyone has killed their rat early help a team mate that is struggling to kill the rat.

Hope this helps a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I hate all that sneaking about lark, that's my least favourite part of the game.

Sneak about, oh you alerted a dog? Restart the entire encounter... That kind of thing is the reason I don't play Assassins Creed / Hitman / MGS type of games...

Or have yet to successfully break into a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Hope this helps a little.

That's an interesting tactic - I haven't cleared this section yet but does this strategy not mean that only 1 or 2 people are getting all of the spores?
    So not everybody will be full damage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I only remembered I still have 2 keys to use before tomorrow so might hop in with you while on the sub bench and grab those sweet, sweet tokens....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That's an interesting tactic - I haven't cleared this section yet but does this strategy not mean that only 1 or 2 people are getting all of the spores?

Dont you worry about that, I will explain it all later but all the empowerments are stacked for everyone, if your on top you will only be covered if you drop to ground level.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I only remembered I still have 2 keys to use before tomorrow so might hop in with you while on the sub bench and grab those sweet, sweet tokens....

Have those 2 keys also, so might jump on later on tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

I'd be up for having a go sometime even if its just as far as the 2nd checkpoint as I'm probably not competent enough for pleasure gardens so i'll just be a nuisance so i'll stop there but 1st check point seems pretty straight forward enough just have 3 of us defend some thingies from cabal and have another 2 go fetch others right? or do i need to rewatch some youtube tutorials again..Anyway all my characters are 282 so far apart from titan which is 281 so is that good enough to survive 1st two checkpoints? I have no raid experience what so ever

Only 4 people are on the ground getting the buffs. Each man gets 4 spores at every flower hit if all present. So thats 12 spores per flower, the more flowers you get the more damage you do to the rats.

We usually get maximum spores every round at this stage, as soon as the top 2 jump down they get the damage buff also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Wait - so why do you need 4 people to do the flowers?
    Why doesn't 1 person do the flowers, and then everyone jump down if they're getting the damage buff anyway?

Is it because you get 4 spores per flower x 4 people? Therefore the mechanic calls for 4 on the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Conar

nevelator wrote: »
    Have those 2 keys also, so might jump on later on tonight.

I've 2 keys too.
    Do I lose them on reset? Might have to hop in for them if so.

Wait - so why do you need 4 people to do the flowers?
    Why doesn't 1 person do the flowers, and then everyone jump down if they're getting the damage buff anyway?

Is it because you get 4 spores per flower x 4 people? Therefore the mechanic calls for 4 on the ground?

The Buff stacks (sorta) exponentially with how many people are nearby

1 person= 1x Empowerment
    4 people = 12x Empowerment

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Conar wrote: »
    I've 2 keys too.
    Do I lose them on reset? Might have to hop in for them if so.

Yep.

The Buff stacks (sorta) exponentially with how many people are nearby

1 person= 1x Empowerment
    4 people = 12x Empowerment

Exactly, also if one arrives at the flower and the others are late the flower dies so to speak and you lose all buff so make sure you lot are close together if not light up the flower anyway so at least some people get the buff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feck sake, hit the daily internet limit so I might have to bow out of the raid. Fecking typical, that's what you get when you have two people at home streaming terrible movies and tv shows.

Angron wrote: »
    Feck sake, hit the daily internet limit so I might have to bow out of the raid. Fecking typical, that's what you get when you have two people at home streaming terrible movies and tv shows.

Most Irish judges are pretty lenient when it comes to crimes of passion, just fyi

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The temptation is there :pac:

• Advertisement

Cool well let me know and I'll get someone else in man 😊

Yeah, speeds have gone down the toilet so not much hope of me getting on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone raiding tonight. My classes this week have been cancelled so I'm good to run.

I'm up to raid whenever I get on, hopefully by 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm hoping to. Not sure what time I'm home by though. Should be before 9 hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Anyone raiding tonight. My classes this week have been cancelled so I'm good to run.

I’ll be up for it Sniper, hopefully can start around 8 to make a good run at it this eve

kevind1 wrote: »
    I’ll be up for it Sniper, hopefully can start around 8 to make a good run at it this eve

Probably closer to 9 as per Tazzimus above you. Still 2 spaces. Will post to the community at 8 if they're still available.

Done it last night on my lowest Alt, so will be up for it tonight on my main if anyone is doing it about 7-8 bells fire us off an invite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Done it last night on my lowest Alt, so will be up for it tonight on my main if anyone is doing it about 7-8 bells fire us off an invite.

The most roundabout way of organising a raid, I'm in.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    The most roundabout way of organising a raid, I'm in.

I'm in too.

Advertisement