Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing BOI account, money removed in two transactions....

Options
  • 13-01-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭

I am in process of switching from BOI to permanent TSB, money has been removed from BOI account today. But for some reason it seems to be in two amounts one>1000 euro the other for 11.80.
    Can someone explain this to me? Permanent TSB said to contact yourselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi gmisk,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear that you are closing your bank account with us.

As your query is account specific it’d be best to call BOI Direct on 0818365365 & a representative will check this for you.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I rang 365online....they didnt have a clue.....i am waiting a call back from a branch!
    but seems they are yet more fees!
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056938281

I paid fees of 18 euro (to cover til 1 Dec)
    So I would love to see how 11.80 was spent on fees since then?????
    Obviously I will be given a written and detailed break down?

Any wonder I am leaving you bunch of crooks!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

gmisk wrote: »
    I rang 365online....they didnt have a clue.....i am waiting a call back from a branch!
    but seems they are yet more fees!

I paid fees of 18 euro (to cover til 1 Dec)
    So I would love to see how 11.80 was spent on fees since then?????
    Obviously I will be given a written and detailed break down?

Any wonder I am leaving you bunch of crooks!
    How relatively painless has the transfer been? I've had a sequence of crap dealings and rubbish customer service from BoI in the last few months but am wondering if any of the rest of them are any better. TSB have no fees at least, right?

Xofpod wrote: »
    How relatively painless has the transfer been? I've had a sequence of crap dealings and rubbish customer service from BoI in the last few months but am wondering if any of the rest of them are any better. TSB have no fees at least, right?
    I have found permanent tsb really nice to deal with. Just get your documents in order and they fix a day that suits you. No minimum balance in PTSB, just need I think 1200 euro ish going in a month.
    I finally lost patience with BOI. They were so slow coming back about a mortgage application I went with EBS, then dipped below 3k for a while and started accumulating fees (I had no idea that was in t and c) i was never notified until I was sent a bill lol. This is coming from someone who used to work for BOI...move now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Gmisk,

When an account is closed, any outstanding fees will be debited from the balance and a closing statement will be issued to you.

It sounds like the debit of €11.80 on your account may be your quarterly transaction fees and maintenance fee. This would be charged for any transactions made since the end of the last fee quarter - 20/11/2015 to the date the account was closed.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement

Hi Gmisk,

When an account is closed, any outstanding fees will be debited from the balance and a closing statement will be issued to you.  

It sounds like the debit of €11.80 on your account may be your quarterly transaction fees and maintenance fee. This would be charged for any transactions made since the end of the last fee quarter - 20/11/2015 to the date the account was closed.

Thanks,

Sharon
    So I pay 11.80 for 3 months of the year despite the fact account is closed after 2 weeks.....seems entirely fair.
    Good riddance BOI!

Hi Gmisk,

As we don't have account access here we would be unable to confirm that the €11.80 charge on your account is for quarterly fees, however, just to clarify, the fees debited from your account on 31st December 2015 were for the fee quarter dated 24th August - 20 November 2015.

Any fees charged at the time your account was closed would be calculated from the end of the last fee quarter i.e from the 23rd November 2015 up to the date the account was closed.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

gmisk wrote: »
    Xofpod wrote: »
    I have found permanent tsb really nice to deal with. Just get your documents in order and they fix a day that suits you. No minimum balance in PTSB, just need I think 1200 euro ish going in a month.
    I finally lost patience with BOI. They were so slow coming back about a mortgage application I went with EBS, then dipped below 3k for a while and started accumulating fees (I had no idea that was in t and c) i was never notified until I was sent a bill lol. This is coming from someone who used to work for BOI...move now :)
    Out of the frying pan into a raging fire I would say !

BOI now attempting to charge me a 12.70 fee for a direct debit bouncing...despite the fact that I called energia and paid them directly and they said there would be no issue or cost!

Permanent TSB simply cannot be as bad as these BOI clowns!

Ah great!
    My switchover has been rejected, due to activity on my account post closure!
    You couldn't make this crap up.
    Called 3 numbers give to me in the branch surprise surprise not a single one picking up.

• Advertisement

Hi Gmisk,

If you would like to send us a private message with your full name, phone number and the name of your account holding branch, we'll be happy to forward your details to arrange a call back. Your branch will be able to check your account to see what transactions were processed to effect your account switch.

To send a PM, please click on the link in my signature below.

Thanks,

Sharon

2 x PMs sent to Bank Of Ireland: Reps (I cant seem to message you directly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi gmisk,

We're received your PM's and responded to you by PM to confirm we've passed your details to the branch.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

Advertisement