Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Arsenal - BT sport 1

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Get the open top bus

Not a sleep will be had in Liverpool after this victorious draw

Rayne did you see all the fans in the stadium at the end ?

Must be strange for a united fan to see a ground full of supporters for the final whistle :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Get the open top bus

Sensing that Europa League spot slipping there, are ya?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Feels like a defeat. We should have pushed on after taking the lead. Never like to see Arsenal try to see out a lead. We're not great at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Enjoyable match... Enjoyable thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Get the open top bus

You so funny, like cancer or ebola. TOP BANTZ

• Advertisement

• Get the open top bus

:)

Just knew that Giroud miss/goal line clearance would come back to bite us. Can't really complain though, he made up for it with the rest of his play, and Liverpool played well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Got to love mid week league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Two very entertaining nights of football all round. Sunday league defending in abundance but great entertainment.

By the way, what an assist from Benteke from Allen's goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Cech was no great shakes tonight either in truth.

He wasn't great for the first, but other than that he's just so calm. Whereas with Mignolet, I imagine Liverpool fans have heart attacks every time the ball is within 40 yards of him.

He wasn't great for the first, but other than that he's just so calm. Whereas with Mignolet, I imagine Liverpool fans have heart attacks every time the ball is within 40 yards of him.

Absolutely, Cech was very poor for our first goal and it's so noticable because he's not usually like that.

Mignolet.....i wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Disappointed we didn't turn the screw but Liverpool worked very hard and for arsenal at anfield it was good to come back from behind twice and not lose the heads. We still lack match intelligence to close out a game but so be it. Still top, so good stuff all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

monkey9 wrote: »
    By the way, what an assist from Benteke from Allen's goal.

A towering header indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Cech was no great shakes tonight either in truth.

I thought he could have got a hand to the second goal myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Good game to watch.

Welsh Xavi got us a point :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gutted to be honest. Klopp again came out on top tactically in a big game just that absolute clown mignolet cost his team 3 points.

Great match, good thread. Rayne with a last minute chance but snuffed out !

Roll on the weekend for more heart attacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rob316 wrote: »
    Gutted to be honest. Klopp again came out on top tactically in a big game just that absolute clown mignolet cost his team 3 points.

Well i wouldnt say that, it was pretty desperate sticking a defender up top. I do think Arsenal should have been more positive and gone for the kill though but like most managers away from home they are more negative.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Get the open top bus

Great jokes mate, another win for the glory hunting section of man utd fans. Oh and look who's thanking it. How much wood is actually scraped from that barrel?

great game. Once again sh*t defending from corners make us look like tits. Giourd also should have made it 3 much earlier. Showed good gumption to come back and get a point but I feel this game could have been won if we didnt get so lazy and space out at crucial moments.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    :)

The purpose of this post is what exactly?

any mods have any ideas? I'd love to know personally. Maybe they can delete it for you, again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well i wouldnt say that, it was pretty desperate sticking a defender up top. I do think Arsenal should have been more positive and gone for the kill though but like most managers away from home they are more negative.

It's all what ifs but if mignolet doesn't gift 2 goals we might be winning that more comfortably.
    Klopp exposed alot of gaps in the arsenal midfield in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Tough night for keepers to be fair. Cech didn't impress tonight either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's all what ifs but if mignolet doesn't gift 2 goals we might be winning that more comfortably.
    Klopp exposed alot of gaps in the arsenal midfield in the first half.

The Arsenal midfield has been depleted for some time now but we have been getting results despite this. Coquelin is badly missed.
    Cazorla offers better through balls and Sanchez has the trickery to cause trouble to defences.
    Sanchez back next week plus the signing of Elneny should steady the ship.

• niallo27 wrote: »

He did stick benteke up with him which was a good switch IMO

Two six footers in the box isn't exactly easy to defend against and is what got you the draw

I wouldn't begrudge Arsenal either. Typical arsenal would have lost that game. They are getting stronger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Great match to watch. In the snow tuff for both teams. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just calming down from this now. Great game for the neutrals, thru the fingers viewing for me and I suspect a fair few other Arsenal and Liverpool fans. Liverpool played better than I expected them to and with Klopp they have a great manager to push on with. On reflection a draw was a fair result.

I suppose I can console myself that Spurs lost, which is nice :D

BMMachine wrote: »
    The purpose of this post is what exactly?

any mods have any ideas? I'd love to know personally. Maybe they can delete it for you, again

You've probably guessed the purpose at this stage, i'd say.

gandalf wrote: »
    Just calming down from this now. Great game for the neutrals, thru the fingers viewing for me and I suspect a fair few other Arsenal and Liverpool fans. Liverpool played better than I expected them to and with Klopp they have a great manager to push on with. On reflection a draw was a fair result.

I suppose I can console myself that Spurs lost, which is nice :D

It's one of those games where everything goes out the window. I suspect both sets of supporters could have guessed where this game was going after the first fifteen minutes.

A draw was a fair result i feel. Arsenal will feel worse because of the late goal, but there you go. Such is a crazy season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

How true are the reports of Mignolet,signing a new 5 year contract ?

After seeing another shambolic performance from him tonight,fingers crossed it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

cashback wrote: »
    2-2 I think.

A point at Anfield, could be worse. Though this game could potentially end up 4-0 or 0-4 either.

Well, I was fairly close. But I did expect a sort of mad game and that's what we got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Jeez when you go through this thread you'd swear everyone here actually knows everything about football and should really be a premiership footballer. Scrap that everyone here is actually Messi, Cannavaro, Neuer and Suarez all rolled into one.
    Was a cracking game at frantic pace and in difficult conditions and 3 all is probably about right. Are you guys enjoying watching football at all?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ramsey already killed David Bowie, who's next to die?

Turns out it was Alan Rickman.

Advertisement