Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time frame for a new build

Options
  • 13-01-2016 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm hoping to trade up from an apartment to a 3 bed in the coming year/18 months but as i'm going to have to move from the area i'm currently in, i'm still at the research phase to see where i want to move to. I also need to time the move to the school calendar so ideally i'd be looking at Summer 2017 - AGES AWAY!!!

However, I recently heard that there can be a year between signing contracts and moving in - is that the norm or is that an exceptional case ??

I know i still have plenty of time but i might have to start talking to the bank sooner than i thought :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Clairebear21

it took us about 7-10 days to get mortgage approval with the bank. You usually need to know that address of the new home that you want to approval for. Everyone told us to find somewhere and then put ours up for sale. We got the approval for a house we liked but knew we would eventually be outbid and we put ours on the market at the same time. That way we knew how much we'd have to spend. Plus you should make an appointment to see someone in the bank as we got 4, yes 4 different quotes over the phone!!!
    We found the house we want now and it'll take about another 2 weeks to sells ours and then 6-8 weeks to sign contracts etc.
    a year does sound like the exception, unless the house you want to buy is rented!

Advertisement