Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No invoices provided to my ltd. for an online service?

Options
  • 13-01-2016 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

I am signed up for Bank of Ireland's Business Online which has recently started charging my limited company €10/month for the service. I want a receipt each month for this charge so I asked over on their help forum here on boards.

I was told they don't issue invoices for subscription services. How is this possible?

It's my understanding that in order for my company to be able to claim this as an expense it needs a valid invoice. Similarly if I want to claim VAT back I will need an invoice.

Surely a company is required to issue an invoice for a service provided?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Bank service charges/fees etc are noted on your bank statement. Banks do not charge VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Revenue require a valid document for any charge that you pay.

In most cases the easiest document to create is an invoice as this has the charging company's details and allows for it to be checked.

A bank statement is also a valid document and as the poster above stats, the fee is vat exempt, so it doesn't make a difference to your vat return.

Advertisement