Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back to horse riding - Dublin

Options
  • 13-01-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys,

Sorry I know there are a few posts on this topic already but they're mostly over 3 years old with links no longer valid. After saying I'd do it for ages, my new year's resolution is to go back horse riding! I did it when I was younger from age 6 - 14 I'd say, and I absolutely loved it. I was at advanced level, went to pony camps, loved jumping, going out on treks, etc.

I'm wondering can anyone recommend a good riding school in Dublin (South or Central- enough-North). I'd have to go back to beginners I'd say to get back in shape and build up confidence again. Browsing online can only get you so far I find - I've been on the Paddocks Facebook page and they seem a friendly and welcoming place, although there's some mixed reviews on Trip Advisor (but the negative ones come across as being from obnoxious people on their holidays). The Thornton's website looks very impressive but they seem costly enough at €50 for a group lesson, the €35 a lesson that Paddocks offer seems appealing. I used to go to the stables in Ballycullen and remember when the price for a lesson went up to £8 there was uproar, how times have changed!

Any recommendations of riding schools would be greatly appreciated, along with tips for getting back into the swing of things.

Cheers,

JQ

Comments

Advertisement