Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions, Questions and some more questions.

Options
  • 13-01-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just want to say thanks to all the people who post on this forum for sharing their stories and experiences.

One of our daughters was diagnosed with ASD before Christmas, and we have been in a bit of whirlwind of completing forms and meeting with her school teachers etc..

Part of the psychologist's report states that we should apply for the Domicillary Care allowance, and I know previous posters have also claimed the incapacitated child tax credit.

I'm just wondering can we only claim the tax credit from the time of the diagnosis or can we back date it ?

Once again Thanks, James

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Hi James

It's backdated to date of birth. Domicilary is backdated to date of application. Best of luck and if I can help at all just shout,

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Thanks CaraMay will do cheers

Advertisement