Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper in water; greenish hair

Options
  • 13-01-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

Hello!
    This has probably been posted here before but I said I would ask again anyway. I am getting so fed up with this greenish tint in my hair from the copper/hard water to the point where I am actually avoiding washing my hair whenever I can! Got my highlights done just before Xmas, I usually get about 2-3 weeks of nice blonde before the greenish hue returns. After I wash my hair there are literally suds of green in the shower from the copper reacting to my highlights. Now the green isn't very obvious, but in certain lights you can definitely see there is a green hue there. I have been using a purple shampoo now in every wash (which is about 2 times a week, I've decreased my hair wash due to this) but it's not really cutting it.

Is there any kind of filter or fixture that can be applied to the shower head to sort this out?

Comments

Wash at a beach if you can, that tap water has more serious effects than a green tint/residue effect.

where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wash at a beach if you can, that tap water has more serious effects than a green tint/residue effect.

where are you located?

In Galway. Doesn't really suit me to wash at a beach tbh...
    Think the water has gotten worse as of late as well, never used to recall there being greenish suds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I had the same problem and started using this and the green totally went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tilly wrote: »
    I had the same problem and started using this and the green totally went away.

Thank you am def going to buy this. Is it different to their normal clarifying one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I think they're the same tbh. I also use the herbal essence one with the matching conditioner. No more green :) I was told ketchup by a diff hairdresser but didn't fancy trying that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement