Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply from Mindfactory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Comes with an EU one. You'll have to buy a UK one or get an adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Comes with an EU one. You'll have to buy a UK one or get an adapter

Hi Digital Solitude,
    thanks for the confirmation. This one from UK should be ok then?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Bronze-Power-Supply/dp/B009RMP2VE/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1452692611&sr=1-3&keywords=power+supply+500w

Or should I buy the one linked and get this:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-Pin-Converter-to-3-Pin-Euro-to-UK-Travel-European-Travel-Adaptor-Plug-White-/272046594370?var=&hash=item3f573d9942:m:mN5ibDV8ETKfsuhDGZxvywg

Regards, Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd go Amazon for simplicity there. The one you linked is fixed cables, to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

My current PSU came with an EU plug as well. I just bought an adapter from PC World and it's been working grand for almost 5 years now. Drop by your local PC World/Currys, they should have one. It only cost me about a fiver iirc.

I ordered a new build off MindFactory which is due to arrive later today/tomorrow and it should come with an EU plug as well. But I have a spare kettle lead with a UK plug which I plan to use so I don't need to buy an adapter this time. Maybe have a look around your house and see if you have a spare one lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its always possible to just re-terminate an EU lead too, just make sure you do it correctly. UK plugs are cheap as chips (£1 each on Amazon).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

jamescd wrote: »
    My current PSU came with an EU plug as well. I just bought an adapter from PC World and it's been working grand for almost 5 years now. Drop by your local PC World/Currys, they should have one. It only cost me about a fiver iirc.

I ordered a new build off MindFactory which is due to arrive later today/tomorrow and it should come with an EU plug as well. But I have a spare kettle lead with a UK plug which I plan to use so I don't need to buy an adapter this time. Maybe have a look around your house and see if you have a spare one lying around.

Perfect James :) Thanks for that. I ended up going for the one on Mindfactory. I will be sure to get to PCworld in the coming days. My order is supposed to be here by Monday. I don't have to worry about wattages or anything yeah? Sorry I know absolutely nothing about electricity lol.
    ED E wrote: »
    Its always possible to just re-terminate an EU lead too, just make sure you do it correctly. UK plugs are cheap as chips (£1 each on Amazon).
    Thank you ed for that :)
    I'd go Amazon for simplicity there. The one you linked is fixed cables, to confirm
    Hi, I havent heard the best things from that non modular PSU and the freedom of a semi modular PSU tempted me too much :) Thanks for your help

Affluenza wrote: »
    Perfect James :) Thanks for that. I ended up going for the one on Mindfactory. I will be sure to get to PCworld in the coming days. My order is supposed to be here by Monday. I don't have to worry about wattages or anything yeah? Sorry I know absolutely nothing about electricity lol.

Looks like this

ndwnlj.jpg

2e4dqft.jpg

A bit blurry there on the 2nd pic, but think it has a 13AMP fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Looks more like 3AMP to me

Nah it's 13AMP, the 1 is just a bit blurred out

Advertisement