Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trials of Osiris

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Saw a video of a youtuber carrying a six year old through trials recently. Meh, if he wanted a real challenge he could have tried carrying me some Saturday afternoon.

Saw this as well. The strimmer RealKraffy brought a 7 YO through previously. Great craic altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    In my defence, I'm finding my feet in Trials having never played before, as Dudeeile says in OP, I'm finding my sense of adventure ;-),

On the whole - you didn't do too bad, you weren't giving away silly deaths, stuck with the pack, played well to the strategy, and did pretty well in all of the other games. That's 90% of the battle with Trials (IMO).

Just as a comparison - I've checked my Trials stats for last week and yours for this week and we were pretty much matched K/D wise. I think this is the first week I've gone positive in Trials.

I'm pretty sure if we get some regular Trials teams going, have a bit more practice together, we'll get there.

PlainP wrote: »
    I'd love to get in and try Trials but would feel that I'd be letting the side down as I wouldn't be confidant enough. I am also trying to "git gud" playing some rumble but matches can be hit and miss for me.

There's a few lads in the clan looking to do Trials only to complete the bounties. You could easily join up with one of those teams and get a bit of experience.
    It'd be far more relaxed than the more serious runs.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Saw a video of a youtuber carrying a six year old through trials recently. Meh, if he wanted a real challenge he could have tried carrying me some Saturday afternoon.

True Vanguard - Nevelator was talking about it too, just watching it now. It hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Just as a comparison - I've checked my Trials stats for last week and yours for this week and we were pretty much matched K/D wise. I think this is the first week I've gone positive in Trials.

What's the best site for looking at clear stats of Trials? I've been to a few and they seem cluttered. Last week I felt I could hold my own better Burning Shrine, CQC suits me rather than sniping lanes on Asylum (I'm a terror for sticking my head out "just to check") :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finally played some games with Chimp, we were in Elimination and the opposing team invited us to their party, was kinda funny for a few games. They got rather salty after this though :pac:

What's not shown there is, we were in a party with these lads and they were talking some serious sh!t up until the Nova bomb - so that made it extra sweet.

They were fairly highly ranked players (and they kept telling us that) and AdamD 1 v 3'd them twice in that game.

Cheers for the games AdamD :)

Starts off quiet, but ends in a flurry!

May play tonight, map depending, if anyone's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is the gun you get at 7 Wins a guaranteed one? If so, is there a rotation? Like remember when everyone farmed the Auto Rifle, was that cause it was guaranteed to drop at 7 wins? If so, what gun will drop this week? Cause if it's a f**king Water Pistol I ain't fussed

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is the gun you get at 7 Wins a guaranteed one? If so, is there a rotation? Like remember when everyone farmed the Auto Rifle, was that cause it was guaranteed to drop at 7 wins? If so, what gun will drop this week? Cause if it's a f**king Water Pistol I ain't fussed

It's guaranteed and on rotation, you'd find it on reddit somewhere. You also can get the guns from the gold package and are guaranteed a random one from the lighthouse so can get the auto even if it's not on rotation. Guns definitely drop more than armour from the gold package

I'd say I could manage 7 wins alright (with losses).... the Lighthouse on the other hand, given I cannot sniper, I don't get my hopes up :)

Will check in with the salt mine later so and see what the gun is. Hopefully it's not the HC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

reflection sum I believe is the gun, and widows court is the map

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Sniper fest again, not my forte by any stretch.

Will be on at 9

1v3 to go to the lighthouse with Chimp!

Massive thanks to AdamD for dragging me through Trials, went on my first trip to the Lighthouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Massive thanks to AdamD for dragging me through Trials, went on my first trip to the Lighthouse!

Saw that, congrats. Who wins the Doyler lottery next time out? :D

Any of the PS4 lads on for a few games of Trials tonight?
    I'll be online tonight at about 10.

I'm up for it Chimp. I got the Inward Lamp on my Titan on Friday. The RoF with full auto and fitted stock is almost too much to deal with. The thing fires faster than I can aim at heads!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I still havent gone to the lighthouse :(

jonny24ie wrote:
    I still havent gone to the lighthouse

Not to worry man, Lighthouse pro Chimp is ready to carry! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Not to worry man, Lighthouse pro Chimp is ready to carry! :)

Guess ill be on at 10 tonight so for a trip :P

Played a good bit with Dude and Toaster/Beard, got 2 cards to 7 wins before being drastically found out :D

I'll probably do at least a card every week just to kind of get into the swing of it.

Not too bad given I don't play much and it was a sniper map and I can't use snipers

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    11 22 157 49 165 0.95 1.25 50.0%

I've been watching a load of Twitch streams of Trials this weekend. Even the streamers are having a hard time getting to the Lighthouse. Watched RealKrafty, Dysclosure, kjhovey all fail to carry people to the lighthouse.

Some real salty streamers this week RealKrafty was cracking up :pac:

I've been watching a load of Twitch streams of Trials this weekend. Even the streamers are having a hard time getting to the Lighthouse. Watched RealKrafty, Dysclosure, kjhovey all fail to carry people to the lighthouse.

Yeah I havent really played much trials but I managed a few kills over the weekend to get a 302 trails hand cannon haha

My sniping wasnt too bad but I really could improve a lot more.

It's definitely more difficult now that the player population as thinned out

Cormac... wrote: »
    Played a good bit with Dude and Toaster/Beard, got 2 cards to 7 wins before being drastically found out

I found match 1 and 7 extremely hard. I always seem to get matched up with MLGers on match 1 and find it very hard to get the 3 match head start.

I found match 1 and 7 extremely hard. I always seem to get matched up with MLGers on match 1 and find it very hard to get the 3 match head start.

Yeah, same here. 2-6 are ok.
    We burned a few cards on the 1st matches coming up against very tough players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Was watching him lose the will to live last night, he must have been hungover or something as his snipes were off completely compared to normal...

Advertisement