Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trials of Osiris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Fieldog wrote: »
    Was watching him lose the will to live last night, he must have been hungover or something as his snipes were off completely compared to normal...

He was the same on Saturday night too.
    Lots of really salty streamers on this weekend, I think this map brings out the worst in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Anyone around for some Trials tonight?

I should be on about 10 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll do some now if anyones on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Decided to give this a go last night. Came up against some fecking superstars. 100+ flawless and a team of ELO1700+. some painful games. Actually getting two rounds vs the 1700 team felt quite the achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My hunter needs one game for gold and possibly 10 games with my warlock (???) if anyone's up for it at some stage today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I would, finally back from outerspace

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »

Ah yeah only pull up his good play.... wheres "mine"? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah yeah only pull up his good play.... wheres "mine"? :P

We've been asking the same jonny!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    We've been asking the same jonny!

I think hes having a love in with solvable :P

Ah dude they were on with my young lad the other night during that game, the kid is unreal and it was his first time playing trials and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I think hes having a love in with solvable :P

Ah dude they were on with my young lad the other night during that game, the kid is unreal and it was his first time playing trials and all.

Very good but that was always gonna be a difficult carry.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Very good but that was always gonna be a difficult carry.

Ah it wasnt too bad, the lads done well they were 6 wins up when it started going pete thong on them. The kid will get me to the lighthouse yet.

Cheeky question, would it be worth while hanging onto your Gold Tier Bounty (from 8th-11th April) until after the new content drops on the 12th?

Since I'm wondering if it would work the same as "edging" your faction rep and the drop might be savage (320-335)

Cormac... wrote: »
    Cheeky question, would it be worth while hanging onto your Gold Tier Bounty (from 8th-11th April) until after the new content drops on the 12th?

Since I'm wondering if it would work the same as "edging" your faction rep and the drop might be savage (320-335)

Yeah I would say so, I collected all Bronze/Silver/Gold for all my Chars yesterday and am keeping them until the next trials so I can get 2 packages of each opened then :P

Yeah I would say so, I collected all Bronze/Silver/Gold for all my Chars yesterday and am keeping them until the next trials so I can get 2 packages of each opened then :P

You won't be able to do that since the Bounties will not be available to pick up the 2nd time once you turn them in once this week AFAIK

EDIT: My assumption for keeping the bounty is based on not being bothered about doing Trials on 15th-18th April and hence not being fussed about the bounty already being claimed earlier in the week

You won't be able to do that since the Bounties will not be available to pick up the 2nd time once you turn them in once this week AFAIK

Yeah well of the ones that were done I wont be collecting them cos they arent there but i never really play trials haha

EDIT: My assumption for keeping the bounty is based on not being bothered about doing Trials on 15th-18th April and hence not being fussed about the bounty already being claimed earlier in the week

Can you only hand the bounty in during trials? I wonder how the reset works.

Ideally, from a cheeky point of view, you could get your gold package the weekend of the 8th. After the update on the 12th, the trials gear may be updated immediately - so hand your bounty in to vance on the 12th. When Trials hits on the 15th maybe it then counts as a new week so you can pick up a new card and set of bounties then - so (maybe) giving you a chance a new Trials level gear on the 12th, and during the weekend of the 15th.

Yeah something like that. But I wouldn't hold your breath about being able to double-dip tbh.

I was just considering that there'll be enough (see: PoE x80) to do the 1st week that I wouldn't be fussed about doing 30 games of Trials at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Either way you're gonna get 2 308 ghosts and a 302 artifact :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah something like that. But I wouldn't hold your breath about being able to double-dip tbh.

I was just considering that there'll be enough (see: PoE x80) to do the 1st week that I wouldn't be fussed about doing 30 games of Trials at the weekend

The last time I actually played Trials I had bounties from the previous one that I didnt finish. So on my first few games I had them finished and collected and was able to pickup the new one then when I went to get a new passage key so you can double pick them up alright.

Got the hand cannon at the weekend - looks good stats wise and has some good perks (mine came with Range finder and another stability perk, and something else useful). Tried it out in a couple of games and fook me but hand cannons have been ruined. I used to run them quite a bit but the accuracy now is just terrible. A good few occasions where there is no way I wasn't on target with the shot and just NOTHING would happen.

AdamD wrote: »
    Either way you're gonna get 2 308 ghosts and a 302 artifact :pac:

:(

The gun that weekend will be the Water Pistol. So it'll be a double kick to the nuts

I cannot see why I would use that over the Elysuna or Iron Banner one... and that's if I bothered using Hand Cannons much.... which I don't

So no real need to for myself to attempt to get 7 wins that weekend since, unless Legendary Hand Cannons get a justifiable buff, it'll just be fodder.... and i'll probably get stomped again in trials regardless

The gun that weekend will be the Water Pistol. So it'll be a double kick to the nuts

I cannot see why I would use that over the Elysuna or Iron Banner one... and that's if I bothered using Hand Cannons much.... which I don't

So no real need to for myself to attempt to get 7 wins that weekend since, unless Legendary Hand Cannons get a justifiable buff, it'll just be fodder.... and i'll probably get stomped again in trials regardless

Comparing my one to both those handcannons...

The Trials one has a higher ROF, slighly higher range (not sure if base range stat is effected by rangefinder, so there might be a bigger increase in range) and far better reload, equip speed and aim assist (90 on on trials HC). Impact and stability is considerably worse than both IB and Elysuna though I found the recoil of the gun to be no real problem.

Yeah, but I got some pretty decent HC rolls already and Vault space is about to become even more of a premium in 3 weeks.

The rolls i've gotten on the Wizz Star have been poor for me

iGESRkr.jpg?1

cpxIS0K.jpg?1

EfYx5Hm.jpg?1

Its actually alright. Best hit reg out of any HC. Personally I find Eyasluna to be awful and I have pretty much a god roll on it (Hot Swap, Hidden Hand, Hammber Forged). I'd have Water thing ahead of it but wouldn't use either unless they're buffed.

Tbh Doctrine's good but TLW is still far better and you still need to roll counterbalance which is only a 1/3 (?) chance otherwise its not worth using.

Also, I should mention, I've NEVER thought to myself, "Oh hey, a PvE activity, I better break out the Handcannon" (aside from FB on Arc Burn/The Abyss).... that's just the way I am.

Scouts. Scouts all day every day
    Tbh Doctrine's good but TLW is still far better and you still need to roll counterbalance which is only a 1/3 (?) chance otherwise its not worth using

Can that drop this weekend or is it the Scout?

Also, I should mention, I've NEVER thought to myself, "Oh hey, a PvE activity, I better break out the Handcannon" (aside from FB on Arc Burn/The Abyss).... that's just the way I am.

Scouts. Scouts all day every day

Can that drop this weekend or is it the Scout?

That's because they rinsed the ammo on them?

Not sure which gun is out this week, can't find that thread. Its somewhere in CruciblePlaybook

AdamD wrote: »
    That's because they rinsed the ammo on them?

That and there's a whole lot of "Aiming" and "Patience" and "Skill" required.

The Jade Rabbit rewards you for missing crits by giving you more ammo :)

• Advertisement

That and there's a whole lot of "Aiming" and "Patience" and "Skill" required.

The Jade Rabbit rewards you for missing crits by giving you more ammo :)

Aiming/Patience/Skill...... so thats where I am going wrong then cos I have none of them haha

Advertisement