Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trials of Osiris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cormac... wrote: »
    That and there's a whole lot of "Aiming" and "Patience" and "Skill" required.

The Jade Rabbit rewards you for missing crits by giving you more ammo :)
    Ah but you can jump around like a nutcase if you're using a hand cannon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Decided to give this a go last night. Came up against some fecking superstars. 100+ flawless and a team of ELO1700+. some painful games. Actually getting two rounds vs the 1700 team felt quite the achievement!

We came up against a similar team (46, 48 & 5 x flawless), but still managed to beat them.

One of the main disadvantages to viewing the opposite teams stats before a game is you can kind of psyche yourself out before the game even starts, if they turn out to be really good players.

But whats not taken into account in their Trials report is, a lot of these guys are probably lone-wolves, who've found a team with high ELO, on LFG. So individually they're good but they may not be playing as a team.

We found by rushing and flanking we were very often able to 3v1 them and pick them apart. Especially as a lot of the guys were sniping back from spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Ah but you can jump around like a nutcase if you're using a hand cannon ;)

Me and Blink jump are not easily separated.

One of the main disadvantages to viewing the opposite teams stats before a game is you can kind of psyche yourself out before the game even starts, if they turn out to be really good players.

See!!!!

It helps if you don't decide to just SIT DOWN and gift them the match too eh Conovar? :pac:

I actually agree, checking Trials can be a bad thing for a few matches or if you're not sober and so on. We beat all the "Better" teams and got our butts handed to us by the guys who "Weren't very good"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Ah dude they were on with my young lad the other night during that game, the kid is unreal and it was his first time playing trials and all.

He was a total pro on the call outs, great at suppressing opponents with the Zhalo and his sniping game was excellent. Shocked it was his first weekend of Trials. He'll get you the Lighthouse with more games under his belt definitely.
    Can you only hand the bounty in during trials? I wonder how the reset works.

You can hand in whenever.
    Got the hand cannon at the weekend - looks good stats wise and has some good perks (mine came with Range finder and another stability perk, and something else useful)

I've gotten 2 with excellent rolls from Trials so far, but as you say, they're fairly useless infused them as they had decent high light level.

Asked the lads to play one match with me last night for my gold bounty. Was underwhelmed with the 310 artifact :/
    Got the sniper on my Titan, haven't tried it out yet. Can it res-snipe?

Another week and Reflection Sum and the bloody Doctrine eludes me. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

See!!!!

It helps if you don't decide to just SIT DOWN and gift them the match too eh Conovar? :pac:

I actually agree, checking Trials can be a bad thing for a few matches or if you're not sober and so on. We beat all the "Better" teams and got our butts handed to us by the guys who "Weren't very good"
    Sitting down was going to be as effective as shooting at them in a 3vs1 situation after you had ran straight up the middle to sacrifice yourself to them!

Sitting down was going to be as effective as shooting at them in a 3vs1 situation after you had ran straight up the middle to sacrifice yourself to them!

Right.... fine.... I'll take my burn and off to the hospital with me

Depends on your mentality really. A surprisingly big factor in FPS games is confidence, if seeing a strong team hurts your confidence and changes your style too much then you shouldn't check. I get annoyed playing with people who aren't confident/get pysched out, nothing worse than somebody saying 'oh look at these guys, we're screwed'.

Depends on your mentality really. A surprisingly big factor in FPS games is confidence, if seeing a strong team hurts your confidence and changes your style too much then you shouldn't check. I get annoyed playing with people who aren't confident/get pysched out, nothing worse than somebody saying 'oh look at these guys, we're screwed'.

+1 to this

We were better off not checking tbh.
    I had the makings of a load of those ELO 1700+ lads in 1v1s

Right.... fine.... I'll take my burn and off to the hospital with me

Actually had a fun enough time on Sunday night to be honest - considering I haven't played trials in months (Widows Court killed it for me, snipe snipe, snipe).

I the last time I laughed so hard was at claptrap as we headed off to the final battle!

Your fist of havoc skills....

"FOR VALHALAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH.....Oh, ****, missed 'em"

• Advertisement

It was "For Gondor!!!!" for the record.... And i don't know where that came from either..... sometimes you just need something Epic to shout :pac:

Depends on your mentality really. A surprisingly big factor in FPS games is confidence, if seeing a strong team hurts your confidence and changes your style too much then you shouldn't check.

Definitely! One of the critical aspects to Trials is teamwork.
    If you're playing well as a team, you have a solid strat, or are able to change your strat when its not working, thats half the battle.

If you come up against a group of MLGs and they beat you then fair fúcks to them. But if you go into the game with a solid strategy then you should already have the advantage on them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    He was a total pro on the call outs, great at suppressing opponents with the Zhalo and his sniping game was excellent. Shocked it was his first weekend of Trials. He'll get you the Lighthouse with more games under his belt definitely.

You can hand in whenever.

I've gotten 2 with excellent rolls from Trials so far, but as you say, they're fairly useless infused them as they had decent high light level.

Asked the lads to play one match with me last night for my gold bounty. Was underwhelmed with the 310 artifact :/
    Got the sniper on my Titan, haven't tried it out yet. Can it res-snipe?

Another week and Reflection Sum and the bloody Doctrine eludes me. :/

Man hes so good at most games in fianress, he only needs to play a map once and he knows it off by heart. He will play trials on his xbox now and he is going to get me to the lighthouse eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah yeah only pull up his good play.... wheres "mine"? :P

I'll have you know I have plenty of good plays, all you need to to is Like Comment and Subscribe to all my Facetoobs and Instatwitter accounts.
    I think hes having a love in with solvable :P

Ah dude they were on with my young lad the other night during that game, the kid is unreal and it was his first time playing trials and all.

I'm a loveable guy, in the quiet sense, and there's plenty to go around. I don't discriminate.

The young lad was showing us up (on occasion). ;)
    dudeeile wrote: »
    Very good but that was always gonna be a difficult carry.

I tried my best, just couldn't get them that 7th win.
    Ah it wasnt too bad, the lads done well they were 6 wins up when it started going pete thong on them. The kid will get me to the lighthouse yet.

On the two cards we ran, the first match on both where wipeouts, cancelling the double first win boon. After that, getting to six was, not easy, but coped well enough. Then we got tanked.

Also noticed, two teams, who had multiple flawless runs, where basically just running trials to end streaks.

And, I think bungie need to stick in a kill ceiling, maybe for the bridge top, and certainly that ledge where people snipe from. Coped onto to it after the first death, so not like I wasn't paying attention, just seems a bit underhanded.

Definitely! One of the critical aspects to Trials is teamwork.
    If you're playing well as a team, you have a solid strat, or are able to change your strat when its not working, thats half the battle.

If you come up against a group of MLGs and they beat you then fair fúcks to them. But if you go into the game with a solid strategy then you should already have the advantage on them.

All about the positive attitude :pac:

Ended up playing a load yesterday as I was hungover, hit a 34 win streak before I went 2-10 in a 4-5 loss. Team mates were less than impressed. Not sure if I pysched myself out or was just **** :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

And, I think bungie need to stick in a kill ceiling, maybe for the bridge top, and certainly that ledge where people snipe from. Coped onto to it after the first death, so not like I wasn't paying attention, just seems a bit underhanded.

I was watching some of the lads streaming this weekend and this was all they were doing. I called it cheating myself but Dave was of the opinion that this was fair play (he used this method sometimes, not Trials though).

Definitely thought they needed to fix this as it seemed a bit unfair.

PlainP wrote: »
    I was watching some of the lads streaming this weekend and this was all they were doing. I called it cheating myself but Dave was of the opinion that this was fair play (he used this method sometimes, not Trials though).

Definitely thought they needed to fix this as it seemed a bit unfair.

IMO if you can still be killed from where you are shooting it is ok. There are spots on some maps that you can glitch through scenery to shoot others, but they can't hit you - that is the type of thing that should be patched/fixed imo. It is very rare I see people taking those spots though.

IMO if you can still be killed from where you are shooting it is ok. There are spots on some maps that you can glitch through scenery to shoot others, but they can't hit you - that is the type of thing that should be patched/fixed imo. It is very rare I see people taking those spots though.

I only ever saw people doing it this weekend. You get the 4,3,2,1 count down and then you go back into the map. Can the other team shoot you when you are outside of the map?

Edit: I see they can't shoot you. So how is it fair?

I only ever saw people doing it this weekend. You get the 4,3,2,1 count down and then you go back into the map. Can the other team shoot you when you are outside of the map?

Yes, but apparently your Orb doesn't stay up there.

Coincidentally, the guy using Never Midnights account was doing it on Twitch

Yes, but apparently your Orb doesn't stay up there.

Him and other streamers.

• Advertisement

All about the positive attitude :pac:

Ended up playing a load yesterday as I was hungover, hit a 34 win streak before I went 2-10 in a 4-5 loss. Team mates were less than impressed. Not sure if I pysched myself out or was just **** :o

34 win streak??? Ya well I went 7:1 twice :pac:

I actually noticed myself, the games we lost were the ones where I unequipped my sniper rifle, I then went negative K/D too, as I tried to rush with a Havoc Pigeon. So it works both ways, I changed strategy and paid the price...

I saw there was 1 or 2 games last night but couldn't bring myself to get sweaty, too hungover / full of chocolate myself :D

They can. Had one guy get me from bridge top. Next round he tried it again, but I was waiting for him. When your running along it you get the countdown and the fuzzy screen.

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

Yup. A €15 run to Lighthouse.

:confused:

34 win streak??? Ya well I went 7:1 twice :pac:

I actually noticed myself, the games we lost were the ones where I unequipped my sniper rifle, I then went negative K/D too, as I tried to rush with a Havoc Pigeon. So it works both ways, I changed strategy and paid the price...

I saw there was 1 or 2 games last night but couldn't bring myself to get sweaty, too hungover / full of chocolate myself :D

Yeah joined some PvP group and really hit it off with 2 of them so we tried for 50 as our playstyles seemed to match up really well. I really think playing aggressive is the way to go, its really difficult to handle 3 players pushing you constantly.

Wouldn't consider those spots cheating, jumping on top of the bridge is more for movement than anything, you can't stay there. The other spot just makes you a sitting duck.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/DoyIer?mode=14&startDate=2016-03-28&endDate=2016-03-29&characterId=0 NLB was surprisingly effective

Edit: I see they can't shoot you. So how is it fair?

Not sure the spots you are talking about so - I saw someone up near on top of the C building, but they could stay there for an age and their orb would stay there, so that was a fair game spot imo - could shoot them there too.

As for outside of the map shooting - I don't know which spots you are talking about on this map, but I know on other maps I have shot from and been shot 'in' outside of the maps zones - having accidently jumped off or backed up too far.

Wait, what?

You were obviously in your chocolate feast at that time. Midnight got to the lighthouse at the weekend, for $15 I think.

Wait, what?

Never Midnight had a twitch streamer log in and use his account and get him to the Lighthouse for $15.

It was the Talk of the chat on Saturday I believe

Yeah joined some PvP group and really hit it off with 2 of them so we tried for 50 as our playstyles seemed to match up really well. I really think playing aggressive is the way to go, its really difficult to handle 3 players pushing you constantly.

I actually had a LOT more issues with Rushers this week as opposed to Snipers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'll have you know I have plenty of good plays, all you need to to is Like Comment and Subscribe to all my Facetoobs and Instatwitter accounts.

I'm a loveable guy, in the quiet sense, and there's plenty to go around. I don't discriminate.

The young lad was showing us up (on occasion). ;)

I tried my best, just couldn't get them that 7th win.

On the two cards we ran, the first match on both where wipeouts, cancelling the double first win boon. After that, getting to six was, not easy, but coped well enough. Then we got tanked.

Also noticed, two teams, who had multiple flawless runs, where basically just running trials to end streaks.

So is it only 7 wins you need to go to the lighthouse then?

Yeah the 2 teams that blitzed yis, one had 90 flawless runs done or something crazy like that.

Think i'll rent my lad out, €20 an hour :P

Advertisement