Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any shops in Sligo buy secondhand books?

Options
  • 13-01-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭

I thought possibly that place on the Mall (Bookmart?) did buy them at one stage, but could be wrong.

I'll probably drop them into charity shop otherwise, but most of them have never even been read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I gave about 200 books to a charity shop about 5 years ago. It was a nice feeling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    I gave about 200 books to a charity shop about 5 years ago. It was a nice feeling. :)
    Yeah, I'd say I will do that to be honest.

But last experience of a charity shop wasn't pretty... rooting through items deciding which they wanted and which they didn't. Never has charity felt so uncharitable! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say I will do that to be honest.

But last experience of a charity shop wasn't pretty... rooting through items deciding which they wanted and which they didn't. Never has charity felt so uncharitable! :)

I've had the same thing and it did put me off but Christy in the NCBI shop is great and so is Mary in the Twist Charity Shop. Never had any bother leaving things in to them.

Tried Twist Charity Shop and seems to be closed.. is it ever open?

Tried the number on the sign and it goes to a suspended mobile account for an Oliver Williams. Turns out was all not above board during his time there: http://connachttribune.ie/twist-in-the-tale-for-soup-kitchen-operator/

Will try NCBI shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Basq wrote: »
    Tried Twist Charity Shop and seems to be closed.. is it ever open?

Tried the number on the sign and it goes to a suspended mobile account for an Oliver Williams. Turns out was all not above board during his time there: http://connachttribune.ie/twist-in-the-tale-for-soup-kitchen-operator/

Will try NCBI shop.

If you don't have any luck there is a lady called Ursula who is running a Facebook group of items for sale. People donate things and she sells them for a donation to Sligo Animal Rescue.

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    If you don't have any luck there is a lady called Ursula who is running a Facebook group of items for sale. People donate things and she sells them for a donation to Sligo Animal Rescue.
    Yeah, have given a few bits to Ursula before. But asked her about books at one stage and didn't seem too interested.. she didn't think they'd sell if i recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

There's a shelf in homebase for one of the cancer charities.

You could chance leaving them there.

Advertisement